Paul Warne

Day

Here’s my problem with Warne, I think I’ve put my finger on it.

Do you remember the good-ol-days when there used to be the ‘Happy Clappers’ to the left and then you could draw a line to the ‘Wrist Slashers’ on the right?

All of us, at sometime, have been somewhere on that line, from the most optimistic to the most pessimistic.

Believe it or not, I have always seen myself more towards the happy clapper camp. I was surprised when Nigel left, I admired his ability to find uncut gems. I loved McClaren, obvs, gave Cocu way too much leeway, based on his playing career. 

I couldn’t get on the Pearson train, but nobody could. I enjoyed the ‘glamour’ Lampard bought to the club, thought Rooney showed integrity and I really liked Rosenior, I was angry when he got the chop and anyone can fact check that if they can be bothered. I dream of a bit of side-to-side football at the mo, at least they could actually pass a ball!

Anyway, my problem with Warne is that he has shifted the dial so far to the right, there appear no ‘happy clappers’ left.

I’m now a bloomin ‘wrist slasher’ and I hate that 😞

Are there ANY ‘happy clappers’ left in the building, is anyone out there…?

On 29/02/2024 at 17:32, The_Sheriff said:

3 promotions from league one. Currently 2nd.

Dont like what you see? Don't go.

Correct - the guy who sits next to me has a season ticket and said he won’t be back until Warne is gone 

8 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Do you remember the good-ol-days when there used to be the ‘Happy Clappers’ to the left and then you could draw a line to the ‘Wrist Slashers’ on the right?

All of us, at sometime, have been somewhere on that line, from the most optimistic to the most pessimistic.

Believe it or not, I have always seen myself more towards the happy clapper camp. I was surprised when Nigel left, I admired his ability to find uncut gems. I loved McClaren, obvs, gave Cocu way too much leeway, based on his playing career. 

I couldn’t get on the Pearson train, but nobody could. I enjoyed the ‘glamour’ Lampard bought to the club, thought Rooney showed integrity and I really liked Rosenior, I was angry when he got the chop and anyone can fact check that if they can be bothered. I dream of a bit of side-to-side football at the mo, at least they could actually pass a ball!

Anyway, my problem with Warne is that he has shifted the dial so far to the right, there appear no ‘happy clappers’ left.

Well there’ll be 26,000+ Derby fans clapping before the kickoff tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

No obviously - hopefully it doesn’t become a trend but another season in this crap league will stop around 2,000 season ticket holders from attending I suspect 

That’s being generous,

If we don’t go up and Warne still at the helm, I reckon attendances would drop to 23K-ish

On 29/02/2024 at 17:32, The_Sheriff said:

3 promotions from league one. Currently 2nd.

Dont like what you see? Don't go.

Didn't someone else, on this thread? say you can't look at what happened at previous clubs as a basis for what is happening now? Think it might have been talking about Rooney but it'll do for Warne, 3 promotions with another team guarantees nothing at another club. 

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Well there’ll be 26,000+ Derby fans clapping before the kickoff tomorrow.

Happy clappers, hopeful clappers, nervous clappers, fearful clappers, clappers of habit, drunk clappers, cold clappers (clapping to keep warm), clappers on the payroll, away fan clappers, monkey clappers (the little wind-up toy with the symbol), corporate clappers there for the prawn sandwiches…

There’s different types of clapper*

*I’ve now used the word clapper so many times that I’m suffering from semantic satiation and the word no longer has any meaning for me.

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Hope it does for you , as for me I’m really enjoying it just now , often it’s what’s going on in life as well , honestly I’ve seen us far far worse than we are just now over the years , much as getting back to the top flight is what we are aspiring to my worry is it may well dishearten me being there

I am genuinely not sure I have seen worse actual football than this, but then we are in League 1. 

9 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Happy clappers, hopeful clappers, nervous clappers, fearful clappers, clappers of habit, drunk clappers, cold clappers (clapping to keep warm), clappers on the payroll, away fan clappers, monkey clappers (the little wind-up toy with the symbol), corporate clappers there for the prawn sandwiches…

There’s different types of clapper*

*I’ve now used the word clapper so many times that I’m suffering from semantic satiation and the word no longer has any meaning for me.

You forgot the crapper clapper... or @Cubicle Ram, as he's known on here!  👀

43 minutes ago, Birdyabroad said:

Tom Hanks Hello GIF
Hiya! 

Not sure what constitutes a “happy clapper” really but I’d count myself as a patient and mostly optimistic fan. I’m not as upset, opposed or offended by Warne as some are. I simply accept he’s the manager for the moment and get on with following the team aware of his limitations and the level we’re currently at due to circumstance. I’m also aware that I don’t have the financial or time related commitments some do as my own situation means I can only make a handful of games in person each season, however knowing my own mind I think I’d still be of the same mindset if I was living in Derby and able to go each week, it’s just how I choose to be. 

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Tom Hanks Hello GIF
Hiya! 

Not sure what constitutes a “happy clapper” really but I’d count myself as a patient and mostly optimistic fan. I’m not as upset, opposed or offended by Warne as some are. I simply accept he’s the manager for the moment and get on with following the team aware of his limitations and the level we’re currently at due to circumstance. I’m also aware that I don’t have the financial or time related commitments some do as my own situation means I can only make a handful of games in person each season, however knowing my own mind I think I’d still be of the same mindset if I was living in Derby and able to go each week, it’s just how I choose to be. 

Interesting thought for me this…would I be less frustrated if I didn’t watch every game? Probably yes…but the trouble is I do watch every match and it’s been a long old slog this year to the point where I genuinely questioned after Tuesday night if I’m going to go tomorrow.

Obviously I’m going though…

4 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Interesting thought for me this…would I be less frustrated if I didn’t watch every game? Probably yes…but the trouble is I do watch every match and it’s been a long old slog this year to the point where I genuinely questioned after Tuesday night if I’m going to go tomorrow.

Obviously I’m going though…

It’s something I’m always mindful of, it’s possibly easier for me to be patient and optimistic when my financial commitment stretches to the odd match and ramstv payments compared to what some pay out in time and money. However I also know how I think in life and I truly don’t think I’d feel much different on it, I’m of the “it is what it is” view, I enjoyed the 1-0 win at home to fleetwood I attended earlier this season which many didn’t and am not fussed by “style of play” or the like, I just want to see us win more than we lose in simple terms.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Hope it does for you , as for me I’m really enjoying it just now , often it’s what’s going on in life as well , honestly I’ve seen us far far worse than we are just now over the years , much as getting back to the top flight is what we are aspiring to my worry is it may well dishearten me being there

We are soooo far away from top flight football, may as well be on another planet.....

Am trying to think back to what the football was like under Phil Brown and how it compares to now. Fairly certain it was tripe and do remember the fans really having a go at Brown and he left shortly afterwards. I know it was different divisions and all that but am sure it was worse then. 

12 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Am trying to think back to what the football was like under Phil Brown and how it compares to now. Fairly certain it was tripe and do remember the fans really having a go at Brown and he left shortly afterwards. I know it was different divisions and all that but am sure it was worse then. 

Don’t think it was. We still had better players then.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Yeah , the last thing YOU want is derby fans enjoying going to watch their team , can’t have that can we ? Ohh no , your obviously not getting ,,, just how sad that is🤷🏻‍♂️

again, no idea what your on about

On 29/02/2024 at 13:42, Inverurie Ram said:

I thought we played well in the first half of the Charlton game and deserved our lead which I thought we gave away in the second half through two avoidable errors that came from the build up of not carrying out the basics of the game, passing, composure and decision making which all deteriorated throughout the second half and became frustrating to all of us, players, coaches, chairman, staff, supporters etc. Players becoming sloppy and repeating the same things that gave the ball away and were not benefiting the team.

I’ve mentioned this in other match threads. How many times does NML want to try and pass (nutmeg) a ball through an opposing player when numerous opportunities are given to him to pass the ball earlier, and to a team mate, along the ground, with a clean pass, not bobbling and bouncing, all ending up with the same result every time, possession lost, his team on the back foot and players out of position and NML no longer in possession.

Why does MB over play it, try to play a pass whilst looking in the opposite direction to the man he’s passing too, trying to kid on his opposing player, and then the ball goes behind his team mate and a real good attacking opportunity is wasted. These are a couple of examples of many others that if simplified with effective passing and keeping possession effectively and accurately, well timed passes, like what EC does very regularly and if carried out by all eleven players, are the many small margins that can make the difference in fixtures with positive results.

We won 1-0 away at Charlton with a goal from NML with a good pass from MB and our basics were good that day. And we beat Barnsley 3-0 at home with 2 goals from JC and CF, two players currently missing through injury.

We are not getting beaten by loads currently, it really is small margins, and errors at the moment, that all people make in life. I don’t think formations play much into it, when players are not playing to their full potential and doing the basics to their full potential. Football players can play all over the pitch and should be thankful for the wonderful position and lifestyle they have and should give their all, when out on the pitch.

I do wonder how some folk on here would deal with their loved ones, their family members, when their family members make errors in life, do we stick loyal knowing that are family are good people, do we support them, be there for them, knowing certain set backs can make all of us stronger, do we learn together how to deal with certain situations, stick by each other, offer support, listen and help, watch out for them, and move on together, learning together and hopefully benefiting all involved.

A couple of bad results, 0 points, that could have been 1, 2, 3, 4 or 6 points. Time to move on together, regroup and support one another. Paul Warne and all the staff at the club will be learning together to move on and searching for improved performances and results going forwards, we can help by supporting them.

Up The Rams 🐏

I'm not going to read any very long post from inverurie that doesn't have an avant-garde music video link.......

👍