Paul Warne

Day

11 hours ago, Crewton said:

I heard some bloke last night call Warne "condescending and obnoxious". I'm not sure if it was a criticism or a compliment though.

I do like him but I do get the impression he hates doing the pre and post match interviews and has started to resent them, which Is probably why he uses humour to make them interesting. I don't think he likes giving away what he might approaching the game etc and I think he doesn't like the fans perhaps thinking they know better and you can kinda tell cause when they boo he doesn't appreciate that either 

10 minutes ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

I do like him but I do get the impression he hates doing the pre and post match interviews and has started to resent them, which Is probably why he uses humour to make them interesting. I don't think he likes giving away what he might approaching the game etc and I think he doesn't like the fans perhaps thinking they know better and you can kinda tell cause when they boo he doesn't appreciate that either 

Not to over analyse it too much but actually thought it was a good post game interview the other day.

A few questions from Dom Dietrich made me squirm (in a good way, from not giving him an easy ride point of view) and Warne could’ve got arsey about them but didn’t. Didn’t really agree with what he said for most of it but would’ve been easy for him to not really engage with some of the questions that challenged him. 

Let’s end this season all guns blazing. 433, no 3 at the back, one holding midfielder, two in front who can carry the ball and look for forward runs (Thompson & Fornah), moving the ball with pace and purpose. No more over defensive, side to side tripe. First 15 against Charlton showed we have it in us. 

Better to go out with a bang than a wimper.

29 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Facts are useful but you haven’t shown any by the way 

point 2 well Bradley can’t really run quick enough to catch most forwards and he isn’t selected to play ahead of Nelson and Cashin which suggests he is last choice 

point 3 recent good form ? - being barely functional doesn’t suggest good form and only being selected basically for a back three suggests limited ability to play in a partnership 

point 4 well was that even a foul? Was it even in the box? All semantics Davies being a better at 39 probably edges the best value

but this is a forum of fans opinions and I respect yours whilst not agreeing with them. 

I was pointing out that you were stating opinions as if they were facts and some of those opinions were clearly mistaken.

What I said about Cheltenham's position is factual, and Curtis' error against SWFC did ultimately lead to us missing out on a play-off spot so, again, your opinion is mistaken.

57 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Let’s end this season all guns blazing. 433, no 3 at the back, one holding midfielder, two in front who can carry the ball and look for forward runs (Thompson & Fornah), moving the ball with pace and purpose. No more over defensive, side to side tripe. First 15 against Charlton showed we have it in us. 

Better to go out with a bang than a wimper.

But we won't, you know that. Bradley, Cashin and Nelson will all play barring injury in all remaining games. Smith will play ahead of Thompson or Fornah

51 minutes ago, Jram said:

With the lack of rationality in the face of defeat on this thread, it makes me wonder how some people function in their day to day lives. 

So, you believe people have come to their opinions because we lost? I have come to mine after watching last season and this, all the home games and quite a few away. Also by listening to what a broad range of people have had to say about it. From my own assessment of our recruitment over 3 transfer windows which I think Warne is largely, if not completely responsible for. From seeing how he utilises the academy. From listening to him.  

1 hour ago, TheRamOfSwad said:

This is why I suspect he doesn't really 'enjoy' being Derby manager. More pressure, more expectations, less patience. Comes with the territory of managing a good sized club. His whole personality and setup just seems geared towards a club punching above it's weight, not a club expecting more than it currently has.

27 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

So, you believe people have come to their opinions because we lost? I have come to mine after watching last season and this, all the home games and quite a few away. Also by listening to what a broad range of people have had to say about it. From my own assessment of our recruitment over 3 transfer windows which I think Warne is largely, if not completely responsible for. From seeing how he utilises the academy. From listening to him.  

How have you come to this conclusion? From what I've perceived, I believe the exact opposite to be true- Warne is often vocal about what he wants ie. a striker in January. When that's not delivered, how are you coming to the conclusion that he's ''completely responsible'' for our recruitment- surely that proves the exact opposite?

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This is why I suspect he doesn't really 'enjoy' being Derby manager. More pressure, more expectations, less patience. Comes with the territory of managing a good sized club. His whole personality and setup just seems geared towards a club punching above it's weight, not a club expecting more than it currently has.

I agree. It also makes it harder to 'enjoy' him being our manager, for some anyway. Whatever was thought of Roseniors football style I think you could be sure he wanted to be here and for the Club to achieve things with him.

49 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

But we won't, you know that. Bradley, Cashin and Nelson will all play barring injury in all remaining games. Smith will play ahead of Thompson or Fornah

Yeah, I know. You can dream though, can’t you

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

How have you come to this conclusion? From what I've perceived, I believe the exact opposite to be true- Warne is often vocal about what he wants ie. a striker in January. When that's not delivered, how are you coming to the conclusion that he's ''completely responsible'' for our recruitment- surely that proves the exact opposite?

EFL are responsible for our recruitment at the moment

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I agree. It also makes it harder to 'enjoy' him being our manager, for some anyway. Whatever was thought of Roseniors football style I think you could be sure he wanted to be here and for the Club to achieve things with him.

If Rosenior was here and getting brickbats-with-added-venom with the club lying in 2nd place, I question whether he'd 'enjoy' being our manager more than Warne is.