Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Really messes with me that there are women players in this same list. Some of the names I have zero clue if they're men or not.

It was only when I got to Miedema that I realised that, she’s the only one I’ve heard of. I even thought Sabrina was a unique name for a bloke.

It’s the first time I’ve seen a club mix the players for no apparent reason. Most even do separate lists for senior & youth players.

15 minutes ago, WarCatDCFC said:

I have made a YouTube channel to disgust my thoughts 

You've not even got the b******* to put your own voice to the tripe you trot out.

Good list of Man City Under 21s that contracts are ending and we could hopefully be in the mix for...

True Grant (GK)

Jahmai Simpson-Pusey /  Max Alleyne (CB)

Alex Robertson / Jacob Wright / Michael Okeke / Kane Taylor (CM)

Nico O'Reilly / Josh Adam (AM)

Tai Sodje (CF)

11 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Good list of Man City Under 21s that contracts are ending and we could hopefully be in the mix for...

True Grant (GK)

Tai Sodje (CF)

Is True grant the son of Lee grant?

28 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

True Grant (GK)

Tai Sodje (CF)

A couple of useful options for our U21s, but Robertson is the only one who is first team ready. However, he missed half of last season due to injury 

Dominic Ball (28) has left Ipswich as a free agent. He’d be a good player to have in the squad in midfield as I’d imagine we’ll sign around 4 centre midfielders. Played at Rotherham before so Warne will know him and has played 4 seasons in the championship is the last 5 years.

3 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

True Grant (GK)

Tai Sodje (CF)

Jahmai Simpson-Pusey 

What a name that is 😆

10 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I think Rotherham are very much bringing in and not selling looking at their activity.

I saw a Rotherham fan say that they lost 15 players following relegation, mostly by choice. It’s smart of them to set their stall out early to show they aren’t messing about. It would’ve been easy for players with a choice to look at them as a wild card after the season they had and losing their best player in May. 

6 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Dominic Ball (28) has left Ipswich as a free agent. He’d be a good player to have in the squad in midfield as I’d imagine we’ll sign around 4 centre midfielders. Played at Rotherham before so Warne will know him and has played 4 seasons in the championship is the last 5 years.

Kayden Jackson also on Ipswich's released list. Plenty of links with him in the January window. 

7 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Very generous by saying he's played in the Championship last season with just 137 mins played. He was barely a squad played in L1 either.

With Fornah, Thompson as our CM squad players, and DRobinson as backup, we don't need players to make up the numbers.

9 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Kayden Jackson also on Ipswich's released list. Plenty of links with him in the January window. 

The last time he scored more than 3 league goals in a season? 19/20... in L1. Only 6 goals in 65 Championship appearances suggests he isn't at the standard we need.

We already have DBrown, Washington and potentially Collins as CF squad options. We need to sign starters.

11 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A couple of useful options for our U21s, but Robertson is the only one who is first team ready. However, he missed half of last season due to injury 

Think Robertson will end up back at Pompey. Very well thought of there , was really good before injury. 

On 01/06/2024 at 22:06, WarCatDCFC said:

We really need to build a team around youth and hungry players who want to play football 

Players from 18 - 27 is the way to go these days or a player that's just 29-30 wants one more run and still play well 

Dave Mackay