Injurys/absences

BatRam

44 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Confirmation from the man himself that he’s had an op and is done for the season. Real shame with his injuries this season especially as he was playing well of late, however his contribution with a few goals and assists at the business end of the season could still prove key.  

IMG_2446.jpeg

We thought as much when he wasn't there last night.

32 minutes ago, angieram said:

We thought as much when he wasn't there last night.

Get well soon Wardy. I don’t think there’s a player in the championship, let alone L1 that can whip a cross like him. 
not being daft, but really, he can get pace, bend and that precious low trajectory at the arrival point.  Doesn’t work in every game against every team but he’s got a special ability that is hugely valuable. 

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting one this, not sure what role he’ll have to play (if any) in the final games, but with his contract being up in the summer is there one eye on encouraging him to join us permanently I wonder 🤔 

A definite no for me. Not been good enough all year for me, being made of glass hasn’t helped either. 

Would be nice if we were 3-0 up against Carlisle and he can come on and hopefully grab a goal. At very least, be part of the celebrations at the end.

He looks a decent player, but I wouldn’t want him back next season whether in the Championship or League 1.

His goal at Port Vale could prove invaluable, so he’s contributed, however I would want strikers who can be relied on to contribute more next season, and his injury record just doesn’t allow that.

18 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

We did get the injuries Alf , but we were patched up ( injected up in the Pros case ) and sent out to play as long as we could hobble. Hence why many of us limp rather than walk or like Roy Mac have raging arthritis . Some injuries now are different due to players being highly trained and bodies over loaded. 

About 25 years ago I asked John O' Hare if he'd turn out for my 5 a side team.  No chance, he was riddled with arthritis from the old jabs.

Just watched the Ramstv pre match interview with Warne in which he said Bird, Elder and Barkhuizen have all trained this week. Not heard the local media presser yet so the following may not be wholly accurate but I believe we’ve got the following injuries still;

Joe Ward - Had knee surgery, out for the season.

Dwight Gayle - Hamstring injury, could be back before season ends.

Craig Forsyth - Calf injury, stepping up recovery and could be involved before the season ends

Ryan Nyambe - Quad injury, had surgery and out for the season

Tyreece John-Jules - Hamstring injury, announced today to be rejoining full training this week so could we see a brief cameo in the final game?

Jake Rooney - Knee injury, ACL so thought his season was over but is in light training so could play a part before the season ends

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Would love for him to get a 5min cameo against Carlisle. Such a shame to see a good talent hampered by injuries.

Does he deserve to get back into the squad based on a few days of training, after being out for 3 months), when we have Collins, Washington, Waghorn, Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor, and Barkhuizen as fit attacking options? That also ignores Bird, Sibley and Wilson as potential options in a front 4.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Interesting one this, not sure what role he’ll have to play (if any) in the final games, but with his contract being up in the summer is there one eye on encouraging him to join us permanently I wonder 🤔 

I hope not. We've only got 375 minutes from him in all competions despite being on loan for the whole season. Only 981 mins last season at Ipswich, and 709 the season before. His career high across all competitions in a season of men's football is only 1369 mins when on loan to Doncaster in 20/21. Even at U18 and U21 level, 1884 was the most he ever achieved.

Even in Joe Ward's worst ever season for injuries, he's still managed more minutes on the pitch this season than John-Jules has achieved at any club. We need to be targetting players with more reliable injury records.

At this point, would he even be ahead of DBrown in the pecking order? As we'll also have Washington contracted for next season and should be looking for 2 new CFs in the summer, is there any value at all in signing John-Jules permanently?

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

At this point, would he even be ahead of DBrown in the pecking order? As we'll also have Washington contracted for next season and should be looking for 2 new CFs in the summer, is there any value at all in signing John-Jules permanently?

Probably not, I wasn’t advocating for doing so either, just posed the question as I was pondering why we’d bring him back to train and play a part in the final week of the season.
Those who have suggested it may just be for him to be in and around the building for what we hope will be celebratory times after the small role he has played this season are probably correct.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Does he deserve to get back into the squad based on a few days of training, after being out for 3 months), when we have Collins, Washington, Waghorn, Mendez-Laing, Blackett-Taylor, and Barkhuizen as fit attacking options? That also ignores Bird, Sibley and Wilson as potential options in a front 4.

It was purely for emotional reasons - yes, on logic, why bother? 

It was a momentary weakness. Won't happen again.

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just watched the Ramstv pre match interview with Warne in which he said Bird, Elder and Barkhuizen have all trained this week. Not heard the local media presser yet so the following may not be wholly accurate but I believe we’ve got the following injuries still;

Joe Ward - Had knee surgery, out for the season.

Dwight Gayle - Hamstring injury, could be back before season ends.

Craig Forsyth - Calf injury, stepping up recovery and could be involved before the season ends

Ryan Nyambe - Quad injury, had surgery and out for the season

Tyreece John-Jules - Hamstring injury, announced today to be rejoining full training this week so could we see a brief cameo in the final game?

Jake Rooney - Knee injury, ACL so thought his season was over but is in light training so could play a part before the season ends

3tclVJ.gif

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The poor lad has had a terrible injury record and I can't see any club offering a contract based on this. However, if he was able to sort out some kind of pay as you play contract, it would be a last chance saloon to prove his fitness, whether this be at Derby or elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Would love for him to get a 5min cameo against Carlisle. Such a shame to see a good talent hampered by injuries.

Why, unless he's likely to sign for us next year

If we're looking at a 5 minute cameo when the result is safe, I'd rather it was youngster or some other first team regular.

17 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The poor lad has had a terrible injury record and I can't see any club offering a contract based on this. However, if he was able to sort out some kind of pay as you play contract, it would be a last chance saloon to prove his fitness, whether this be at Derby or elsewhere.

I'm convinced that his issues come from his stance receiving the ball against a defender.  He's like a starfish with a bad back.  The pressure on his quads and hamstrings doing that for an hour is ridiculous.  He won't have a career till he starts using his back and shoulders muscles more.  Should have been coached from him before, unless he's just not listening.