Injurys/absences

BatRam

Jake Rooney - ACL Injury, probably not back this season or very late in the season depending on recovery.

Conor Washington - Ankle injury(?) due back some time in February.

Martyn Waghorn - Calf injury(?), due back some time in February.

Tyrese John-Jules - Hamstring tear, no due back date but sounded like months rather than weeks from what Warne said.

Craig Forsyth - Calf Injury, out for another 3 weeks

Callum Elder - Missed Cheltenham game with a hamstring complaint, Warne said on either Fri or Sat that he’s likely to be out for 10 days so slim chance he’s involved against Charlton but I wouldn’t want us to risk him if it’s hamstring related.

Korey Smith - suffered a knee injury a while back, was pictured in training pics a couple of weeks ago but DET now saying he suffered a setback so is unavailable.

Info taken from here and other bits I remembered;

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-injury-latest-charlton-9056800?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Jake Rooney - ACL Injury, probably not back this season or very late in the season depending on recovery.

Conor Washington - Ankle injury(?) due back some time in February.

Martyn Waghorn - Calf injury(?), due back some time in February.

Tyrese John-Jules - Hamstring tear, no due back date but sounded like months rather than weeks from what Warne said.

Craig Forsyth - Calf Injury, out for another 3 weeks

Callum Elder - Missed Cheltenham game with a hamstring complaint, Warne said on either Fri or Sat that he’s likely to be out for 10 days so slim chance he’s involved against Charlton but I wouldn’t want us to risk him if it’s hamstring related.

Korey Smith - suffered a knee injury a while back, was pictured in training pics a couple of weeks ago but DET now saying he suffered a setback so is unavailable.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-injury-latest-charlton-9056800?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Given the Adams deal could be close, and this could herald the departure of a midfielder. Could Smith's 'setback' be very similar to CBT's ''injury'' before he signed for us? ie. a convenient excuse as to why he's not featuring in matchday squads...

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Given the Adams deal could be close, and this could herald the departure of a midfielder. Could Smith's 'setback' be very similar to CBT's ''injury'' before he signed for us? ie. a convenient excuse as to why he's not featuring in matchday squads...

I doubt it, but he would be the best one for us to let leave, that is for sure.

21 minutes ago, CodnorRam said:

Would you give waghorn another go in the team upon his return? 

I think both Washington and Waghorn have something to offer once they return from injury. Ideally we sign another striker today to push/cover Collins for the next couple of weeks then we go into the business end of the season with 4 fit (potentially all aging) strikers who can get us over the line for promotion. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

5 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I think both Washington and Waghorn have something to offer once they return from injury. Ideally we sign another striker today to push/cover Collins for the next couple of weeks then we go into the business end of the season with 4 fit (potentially all aging) strikers who can get us over the line for promotion. 

id trust waghorn to bury most chances tbh 

Unfortunately another addition to injury list. Mendez laing foot injury , not sure on what’s actually happened but his foot was bleeding as stood ripped straight through his boot 

On 31/01/2024 at 15:39, Caerphilly Ram said:

Conor Washington - Ankle injury(?) due back some time in February. Next month

Martyn Waghorn - Calf injury(?), due back some time in February. Next week

Craig Forsyth - Calf Injury, out for another 3 weeks Next month

Callum Elder - Missed Cheltenham game with a hamstring complaint, Warne said on either Fri or Sat that he’s likely to be out for 10 days so slim chance he’s involved against Charlton but I wouldn’t want us to risk him if it’s hamstring related.  Has a knock but should be fine for Stevenage

Korey Smith - suffered a knee injury a while back, was pictured in training pics a couple of weeks ago but DET now saying he suffered a setback so is unavailable. Back in the matchday squad for the last 3 games and featured against Exeter

Updates in bold (above) plus new injuries below based on DET

Josh Vickers - Missed the last few games with a thigh injury. Back next month

James Collins - Awaiting results from a scan. Could be fit for Stevenage or could be out of the season

Ryan Nyambe - Knee injury but may be back for Stevenage

Conor Hourihane - Has a knock but should be fine for Stevenage

Corey Blackett-Taylor- Has a knock but should be fine for Stevenage

Available for Stevenage: Wildsmith, Loach, Nelson, Bradley, Cashin, Ward, Wilson, Sibley, Adams, Bird, Thompson, Smith, Fornah, Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen
Doubts: Nyambe, Elder, Hourihane, Blackett-Taylor, Collins