Injurys/absences

BatRam

5 hours ago, TheTinMan said:

I just hope they (the club, Warne etc) learn from the experience this season with injuries whatever league we're in next. You sign players past their best with chequered injury records and this sort of thing is inevitable. Who honestly saw Gayle lasting to the season end? 

Possibly no one but he was brought in until Wash, Waggy and Collins were back and up to speed. 

I think we've partly ended up in this position because the January window was not great. Stuck all the eggs in the CBT basket and now even with no players Warne won't play him. Who wanted to sign him because it doesn't look like Warne did? 

4 hours ago, littleover ram said:

For a fitness coach background Warne is sure getting a lot of muscle injuries 

In an era of 5 subs does he really need to train the players to be able to run 15km a match?

Surely you can't be suggesting that Warne’s tactics have led to excessive injuries curtailing our season again.

Heaven forbid.

Am i right in hearing that Adams and Mendez laing are both out injured aswell? 

Obviously Bradley got himself a lovely 3 game suspension for headbutting so thats another we wont be able to use.

6 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I haven't a clue where the Adams issue was mentioned. 

Someone decided to start a rumour and now everyone believes it. That's where we are, I'm afraid.

19 minutes ago, BatRam said:

Am i right in hearing that Adams and Mendez laing are both out injured aswell? 

Obviously Bradley got himself a lovely 3 game suspension for headbutting so thats another we wont be able to use.

6 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I haven't a clue where the Adams issue was mentioned. 

Warne said post match on Saturday that NML was substituted due to a hamstring injury, the extent of which they didn’t know at the time. I guess we’ll know more about that whenever the pre match press for Blackpool is done.

As for Adams I don’t think this was mentioned by Warne so I’m also not sure where this has come from. 

I mentioned Adams, I read an unsubstantiated report elsewhere on tinterweb. I did use the word "apparently" and, when asked what I meant, explained about the unsubstantiated report elsewhere on tinterweb.

Without Adams in the sick bay we still appear to have 11 players unavailable  due to injury/knocks and a 12th suspended.

Edited by MadAmster

3 hours ago, MadAmster said:

I mentioned Adams, I read an unsubstantiated report elsewhere on tinterweb. I did use the word "apparently" and, when asked what I meant, explained about the unsubstantiated report elsewhere on tinterweb.

Without Adams in the sick bay we still appear to have 11 players unavailable  due to injury/knocks and a 12th suspended.

As many of the injured are the older players maybe Warne’s tough training sessions are having an effect 

I've never watched them train, so I've no idea whether it's harder than the training at other League 1 clubs. Has anyone got an insight?

Injuries notwithstanding we've looked fitter than last season and have generally ended games strongly but it would be interesting to know if that's at the price of a long injury list now.

13 minutes ago, Crewton said:

I've never watched them train, so I've no idea whether it's harder than the training at other League 1 clubs. Has anyone got an insight?

Injuries notwithstanding we've looked fitter than last season and have generally ended games strongly but it would be interesting to know if that's at the price of a long injury list now.

Yes we looked strong v Northampton from the 85th minute onwards. 

39 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Me neither, but I know someone who lives nearby said there was a lot of yelling going on over there this morning!