Best transfer day signings

With the window closing and not much more business expected for Derby when did we last have some exciting last minute transfer business? If memory serves me right Jim Smith didn’t do too badly although I think Mikel Beck may have been a deadline day signing by him. 
On a positive note Forest are losing

Ince was a good signing at the time to help ward and Russell but we ruined it by signing lingard who helped turn us from a side that won 2-0 or 3-1 to a side that drew 3-3 and 4-4 every week and plummeted we did 

Charlie George was a brilliant signing in the summer of 1975. Scored a hat-trick against Real Madrid ( I might be wrong, but still to this day the only Englishman to get 3 in one match against them). Got his one and only England cap whilst playing for Derby, only got 60mins playing out of position on the wing. When he got subbed, I do believe he had an arguement with Don Revie and never got picked again.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Ince was a good signing at the time to help ward and Russell but we ruined it by signing lingard who helped turn us from a side that won 2-0 or 3-1 to a side that drew 3-3 and 4-4 every week and plummeted we did 

He was a terrible signing. He ruined our pattern of play. Signing him and Bent was the beginning of the end of that Steve McClaren purple patch

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Charlie George was a brilliant signing in the summer of 1975. Scored a hat-trick against Real Madrid ( I might be wrong, but still to this day the only Englishman to get 3 in one match against them). Got his one and only England cap whilst playing for Derby, only got 60mins playing out of position on the wing. When he got subbed, I do believe he had an arguement with Don Revie and never got picked again.

IIRC, he reportedly told Revie that there were less talented players on the pitch than him who had not been substituted, and that he wouldn’t play again .

12 hours ago, plymouthram said:

We'd have all done the same

17 hours ago, plymouthram said:

15 hours ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

IIRC, he reportedly told Revie that there were less talented players on the pitch than him who had not been substituted, and that he wouldn’t play again .

At an ex-players evening Charlie said that he told Revie to shove the shirt up his f.....g ar5e as he was walking off the pitch.

4 minutes ago, rynny said:

At an ex-players evening Charlie said that he told Revie to shove the shirt up his f.....g ar5e as he was walking off the pitch.

How recent was that? How is he now? That team wow! 

Just now, rynny said:

About 8 years ago, I think.

Just searched his stats. He had a more prolific career with us rather than Arsenal. Surprised at that! And he’s associated far more with them 

27 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

He wasn't the worst deadline deal day of all time, he wasn't even the worst deadline day deal of that day

image.png.acd3ed8bdc9af715a160147034993457.png

God that was a drawn out anti climax transfer wannit?

21 hours ago, sage said:

He was a terrible signing. He ruined our pattern of play. Signing him and Bent was the beginning of the end of that Steve McClaren purple patch

Worse still, some would welcome him back! 🤯

That said, there's not really anything for him to ruin this time!