Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

One plus with Bradley is he is a better passer out of the back so it kind of suits Warnes tictacs that many hate. Hopefully this means we will give the ball away less while trying to execute the plan.

Stating the very obvious, Bradley needs to cut out completely the defensive howlers for this to make any sense at all.

14 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

If as some folks expect he'll be leaving at the end of the season, Warne is probably thinking "sod it, I'll do it my way".

So in this hypothetical scenario, was Warne deliberately using 4 at the back to get worse results than "his way", or does he know that 4 at the back is better than "his way" which is why we kept playing 4 at the back?

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

One plus with Bradley is he is a better passer out of the back so it kind of suits Warnes tictacs that many hate. Hopefully this means we will give the ball away less while trying to execute the plan.

Stating the very obvious, Bradley needs to cut out completely the defensive howlers for this to make any sense at all.

Genuinely when was the last “defensive howler” from Bradley? I don’t recall any recently, I know there were a couple in quick succession early in the season but in the games he’s played over the last couple of months I can’t think of any

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Not a fan of that lineup/formation but we’ll see…

Blackett-Taylor “injured” is intriguing, could be legit as the noises from the club were that he was able to play against Charlton when signing. Hopefully it’s nothing too serious! 

Can’t help but think that Ward and Sibley as fullbacks leaves us quite exposed. Neither are great defensively.

Wish we had Wildsmith back in goal. Vickers has done ok, but I don’t feel as comfortable with him in.

Be good to see how that midfield 3 gets on though! Been crying out for a bit more energy in the middle. Would be nice to see us actually using the middle of the pitch in this game mind.

You ramssss

19 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

IF CBT is injured (conspiracy tin foil makes me think not) it

We've paid around £300k to make sure he'd be allowed to play, so I don't really think it's a conspiracy when you consider our injury record this season anyway...

Edited by May Contain Nuts

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Genuinely when was the last “defensive howler” from Bradley? I don’t recall any recently, I know there were a couple in quick succession early in the season but in the games he’s played over the last couple of months I can’t think of any

I would agree. Based on the last 30 mins of Cheltnam game I am fine with him getting a chance. Given Ward, Wilson and Sibley can’t defend very well it makes a heap of sense to go for the three at the back.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Would love to know. I think it’s Hourihane, you don’t. Why don’t we find out? Never will because he has to start every game. 

Woah! Don't get me wrong, I'm not Hourihane's biggest fan either! I'd much rather it be Bird, Adams & Tommo today, and hope to see oldies like Smith & Hourihane leave at the end of the season.

I think it's a bit of an over-simplicatation to attribute all of last week's first hour's performance as being down to Hourihane alone though!

2 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

We've paid around £300k to make sure he'd be allowed to play, somI don't really think it's a conspiracy when you consider our injury record this season anyway...

Just going on Warne saying yesterday he had pretty much the full squad to use, guess something could have happened in training after he did press. 
Probably is injured of course, just wondering if there was a “gentleman’s agreement” or a decision to keep him out the firing line of their fans 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just going on Warne saying yesterday he had pretty much the full squad to use, guess something could have happened in training after he did press. 
Probably is injured of course, just wondering if there was a “gentleman’s agreement” or a decision to keep him out the firing line of their fans 

Perhaps but he's always talked about getting the right characters in and then needing to be able to handle pressure situations.

Skipping out this game because their fans may have an issue wouldn't really speak.volumes for that side of his character.