Steve bloomers washing errrrr I mean watching

Has this not had its day . 

Would sooner have the dambusters music at least it stirs the heart strings for what they did . Don't think I've ever been a fan of this as I find it a bit corny and slightly embarrassing plus most fans have never really heard of him ......no disrespect . 

But if your going to ramp up atmosphere Steve bloomers washing is one sure way of how to kill it . Remember when John Gregory was manager he introduced U2 " streets have no name " . Isn't it time we had some good ramp up the atmosphere songs to the lads coming out . Puts his tin hat on . 

There was a time when it was utterly fantastic.  Now, it is one big mess.

It blares out much too fast.  Completely impossible for us all to join in at a steady pace.  Nobody can clap that fast (Between the last "Derby Pride" and the big "Derby" finale.
Sometimes we get two verses over the speakers, sometimes three!

It has always had potential, but I fear it is now more "monotony" than "Inspiring", so whilst I'm reluctant to give it a thumbs down, I wouldn't shed a tear if it was to be shelved.

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So everyone clapping, lots singing, with a finale of a loud “Derby!” isn’t building the atmosphere just seconds from kick off?

How would listening to music get the crowd engaging en mass anymore than this does?

Unless it’s less noise you want while you check your bets online? 😂

But that's just it I don't notice that at all , it's like something the wurzals would sing ( showing my age ) , it's met with I would say half hearted clapping and murmured singing . Sounds like a country bumpkin type of song . And music although not associated to the history of the club if it ramps up does get you going more . I'm not saying streets have no name but if you actually listen to the guitar instrumental on that it's excellent to come out to . Totally behind mr Gregory's idea there . I'm sorry but I find the one at moment a total embarrassment 😳

48 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Would sooner have the dambusters music at least it stirs the heart strings for what they did . Don't think I've ever been a fan of this as I find it a bit corny and slightly embarrassing plus most fans have never really heard of him ......no disrespect . 

But if your going to ramp up atmosphere Steve bloomers washing is one sure way of how to kill it . Remember when John Gregory was manager he introduced U2 " streets have no name " . Isn't it time we had some good ramp up the atmosphere songs to the lads coming out . Puts his tin hat on . 

Agreed. It's a dirge and lyrically, a cringefest.  We need to change it up. Someone posted up a version if the derby ram folk song and actually it sounded like it could work, particularly the chorus.

Posted (edited)

I hate to go to task on it , but if you an opposing fan sat in away end listening to that .It sounds like your about to face an army of derbyshire morris dancers waving their sticks ..........its not intimidating at all .

You get the U2 guitar instrumental on as the players come out the tunnel the whole ground would be up for it and the aways fans would deffo sense a were up for it game . 

Edited by NottsRammy

9 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

The darts theme, duh duh duh etc ending with We're Derby. Let's have the crowd do that without any "background" music or prompting from Matt.

Thats not a bad shout just listened to it . 

I doubt there a many fans who actually know or really care who Steve Bloomer is.

Had it not been for the song, I wouldn't have heard of him and even now, the only thing I know is that he's a former payer who did quite well and who died around 100 years ago.

I have never quite got the song, and as walk on music or music to work the crowd up; it's something of an embarrassment.

Having said that, I find the stupid bounce an embarrassment. When I go to a game, I like to sit and watch and enjoy. I don't need the hassle or pressure of having to sing a song with my daughter containing expletives and then bouncing up and down like some deranged zombie.

I find the stupid 'This is Derby' poem they play a major embarrassment. The words are actually cringeworthy.

I was watching Forest v Man Utd the other day and I was thinking just how much 'Mull of Kintyre' is working for them down the road. So much better than what we have. 

Edited by CongletonRam

Personally I like Steve Bloomer's Watching. I agree with many of the problems you've highlighted with the song, but I like that we have our own song about club legend rather than recycling other clubs' chants or crap pop songs. The idea that a f****** U2 guitar riff of all things would inspire or intimidate anyone is unbelievably quaint.

We can say what we want but we need a petition I think and put forward to Mr clowes it’s true Steve bloomers watching is not all motivation for the team and fans please take this as a joke it’s like playing elvis your nothing but a hound dog 🤣🤪

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Anon said:

Personally I like Steve Bloomer's Watching. I agree with many of the problems you've highlighted with the song, but I like that we have our own song about club legend rather than recycling other clubs' chants or crap pop songs. The idea that a f****** U2 guitar riff of all things would inspire or intimidate anyone is unbelievably quaint.

Im not saying the song intimidates am i , im just saying something needs to be played that actually gets the crowd going to create an atmosphere .Ive listened to the darts anthem and that will get nicked by some club sooner or later thats a very good shout by the earlier poster . You add we are derby on to it or just DERBY !! and that would sound great . 

The Darts Anthem - Chase The Sun (youtube.com)

Edited by NottsRammy

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

I’ve said before that the problem with the dam busters is that we all burst into a chorus of “we all ducking hate Leeds” which obviously turns it into a song about Leeds. It’s OK to have songs about other teams but not for one to be our “theme tune”.

Im now fully behind the darts theme tune have Derby shouted on the end of it . That would really work excellent idea before another club takes it .

You would need the tune being played in the background though to get people rocking not just the crowd singing it .

look up chasing the sun darts theme on you tube , it would be brilliant . 

1 hour ago, CongletonRam said:

I doubt there a many fans who actually know or really care who Steve Bloomer is.

Had it not been for the song, I wouldn't have heard of him and even now, the only thing I know is that he's a former payer who did quite well and who died around 100 years ago.

I have never quite got the song, and as walk on music or music to work the crowd up; it's something of an embarrassment.

Having said that, I find the stupid bounce an embarrassment. When I go to a game, I like to sit and watch and enjoy. I don't need the hassle or pressure of having to sing a song with my daughter containing expletives and then bouncing up and down like some deranged zombie.

I find the stupid 'This is Derby' poem they play a major embarrassment. The words are actually cringeworthy.

I was watching Forest v Man Utd the other day and I was thinking just how much 'Mull of Kintyre' is working for them down the road. So much better than what we have. 

Jeez, after that diatribe, you end up with "Mull of Kintyre"! I didn't even know Forest played it.

Agree with you on the words to the bounce song though...terrible. Does anyone even call Forest the Reds?

Absolutely hate it. Dirge in some sort of mockney accent has nothing to do with Derby County at all. Unfortunately somebody decided it should be our club anthem about 15 years ago or something and it has stuck.