Steve bloomers washing errrrr I mean watching

47 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Still think we should be playing "Wooly bully" by Sam the sham can't think of anything more perfect 

I love that track, full of energy, but I suspect most under 50s won't have a clue what it is.

9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I think Sailing sang at the same tempo as the actual song would be awesome. Who decided we have to sing the speed garage version?

This!

I remember we did it for nigh on 40 mins non stop back on the old Ossie End Terrace!

Same with Hey Jude.  And probably a few others if I sat and thought it through before posting! 🤣

All done at the original pace back then.

It seems nowadays that any song we sing has to be done at such a pace, the fan in front get's a neck full of spit as we try to splat the words out in a race... last one to reach the end is a red!  FFS! 🙄 

On 02/01/2024 at 17:53, CongletonRam said:

If I don't fu@@ing bounce, does that make me a red?

I have never 'bounced' at a game and nor will I.

Has anyone ever noticed the jeers from the opposing fans when the bounce starts? It's the one time when I am genuinely embarrassed to be in the crowd.

Embarrassed to be in the crowd of the club you believe is the most embarrassing in the history of football.

Your a bit of a masochist mate .  I should stay at home and self flagellate with Kenny burns pants .  Cheaper and warmer.

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

This!

I remember we did it for nigh on 40 mins non stop back on the old Ossie End Terrace!

Same with Hey Jude.  And probably a few others if I sat and thought it through before posting! 🤣

All done at the original pace back then.

It seems nowadays that any song we sing has to be done at such a pace, the fan in front get's a neck full of spit as we try to splat the words out in a race... last one to reach the end is a red!  FFS! 🙄 

I'd been going to Derby for over 10 years before I even knew We Are Derby was Sailing!

3 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I'd been going to Derby for over 10 years before I even knew We Are Derby was Sailing!

Not 100% sure if I've understood that correctly, but are you saying this is more recent times, and this "modern" version was (is!) that fast, you hadn't recognised the tune (Despite being aware of Rod's wonderful hit song!).

Let me know if I've read that right, and I'll go back and give your post a great big like!  😁👍

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not 100% sure if I've understood that correctly, but are you saying this is more recent times, and this "modern" version was (is!) that fast, you hadn't recognised the tune (Despite being aware of Rod's wonderful hit song!).

Let me know if I've read that right, and I'll go back and give your post a great big like!  😁👍

Yeah that is right. Was probably aware of We Are Derby since mid 90s, but didn't know it was Sailing until about 10 years later!

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yeah that is right. Was probably aware of We Are Derby since mid 90s, but didn't know it was Sailing until about 10 years later!

When we first did it we took our time and did it with rhythm and style. Now its rushed and over in a jiffy.

Oops, sorry, thought i was texting my missus then................ 

18 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Yes likewise. I suspect there's a few songs like that. I heard the Beautiful South's 'Rotterdam' on the radio recently and thought it's earworm chorus would sound good as a footy chant... then much later on I noticed the resemblance with 'Derby are Massive... Everywhere we go'.

7 minutes ago, Skin em Ted said:

Yes likewise. I suspect there's a few songs like that. I heard the Beautiful South's 'Rotterdam' on the radio recently and thought it's earworm chorus would sound good as a footy chant... then much later on I noticed the resemblance with 'Derby are Massive... Everywhere we go'.

No, it's not that one is it??

So many on here embarrassed by our songs highlight the problem with the atmosphere. We are too self conscious about what we look and sound like to join in with something that isn't cool or original. 

It really isn't that important.

As Adam Ant once sang "ridicule is nothing to be scared of". Though the alternative lyrics to that are the best football chant I've ever heard:

"East Stirling,

East Stirling,

Cowdenbeath are nothing to be scared of." 

If we're going to do away with SBW then it needs to be replaced by something that is unique to us. That's why in a way I like it, it's our song.

A number of clubs have got this spot on. Arsenal have recently adopted North London Forever as their anthem. It works as it's a song about Arsenal and the area.

I was wondering whether we can do something with 'Derby Til I Die' by Tommy and the Popsides

On 02/01/2024 at 09:27, CongletonRam said:

I find the stupid 'This is Derby' poem they play a major embarrassment. The words are actually cringeworthy.

Glad it's not just me who hates the poem. Absolute cringe for the seemingly 20 minutes it goes on and on and on for.

On 02/01/2024 at 17:49, CongletonRam said:

Why are you not permitted to have an opinion that is negative about DCFC without being labelled a Forest fan?

Just because I think some crap tune about some dead footballer who no one really knows isn't great at working the crowd up, particularly when compared to the tune at Forest when nearly all fans are singing. That is what we want.

I mean really...who the hell is Steve Bloomer....and I really don't care if he is watching or not. It is not a tune that gets the fans going, or a tune that the fans are singing along to.

Benny Hill What GIF

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2024 at 09:27, CongletonRam said:

I doubt there a many fans who actually know or really care who Steve Bloomer is.

Had it not been for the song, I wouldn't have heard of him and even now, the only thing I know is that he's a former payer who did quite well and who died around 100 years ago.

I have never quite got the song, and as walk on music or music to work the crowd up; it's something of an embarrassment.

Having said that, I find the stupid bounce an embarrassment. When I go to a game, I like to sit and watch and enjoy. I don't need the hassle or pressure of having to sing a song with my daughter containing expletives and then bouncing up and down like some deranged zombie.

I find the stupid 'This is Derby' poem they play a major embarrassment. The words are actually cringeworthy.

I was watching Forest v Man Utd the other day and I was thinking just how much 'Mull of Kintyre' is working for them down the road. So much better than what we have. 

Is this meant to be satire?