Steve bloomers washing errrrr I mean watching

2 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

Has this not had its day . 

Would sooner have the dambusters music at least it stirs the heart strings for what they did . Don't think I've ever been a fan of this as I find it a bit corny and slightly embarrassing plus most fans have never really heard of him ......no disrespect . 

But if your going to ramp up atmosphere Steve bloomers washing is one sure way of how to kill it . Remember when John Gregory was manager he introduced U2 " streets have no name " . Isn't it time we had some good ramp up the atmosphere songs to the lads coming out . Puts his tin hat on . 

Well West Han seem to do well with “I’m forever blowing bubbles” !!!

2 hours ago, Anon said:

Personally I like Steve Bloomer's Watching. I agree with many of the problems you've highlighted with the song, but I like that we have our own song about club legend rather than recycling other clubs' chants or crap pop songs. The idea that a f****** U2 guitar riff of all things would inspire or intimidate anyone is unbelievably quaint.

This ^. Spot on. 

2 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

......I was watching Forest v Man Utd the other day and I was thinking just how much 'Mull of Kintyre' is working for them down the road. So much better than what we have. 

A bunch of Notts numpties singing aboiut a Scottish peninsula is one of the most embarassing things in football - if you like that and know nothing about Derby's history, you may well be going to the wrong ground for your football 'entertainment'.....

1 hour ago, KnowledgeisPorridge said:

Just no need to overthink it.

Queen - We Will Rock You (BBG style). Done.

And for the love of god, I'd rather have silence than Mr Brightside. 

Not keen on Queen to be honest, but I wish I could give more likes for you pointing out that The Killers suck donkey nuts.

Agree that it's had its day. In fact it's so far past it's day there are several generations now who've known nothing else. I doubt there'll be any agreement in replacing it and if we did there would be a nostalgic clamour to bring it back before long.

They definitely need to sort out the tempo and stop keeping us guessing with the number of choruses. Despite its faults I guess many are still fond of it. I think the electric version they play on the podcast is ace.

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

A bunch of Notts numpties singing aboiut a Scottish peninsula is one of the most embarassing things in football - if you like that and know nothing about Derby's history, you may well be going to the wrong ground for your football 'entertainment'.....

It's their anthem from the 70s, and it's stuck to them. I can see why they like it, it's a good singalong.

We should use our anthem from the 70s and play Sailing by Rod Stewart - We Are Derby is still loved by most isn't it?

But while I'm on it, they should never have dropped Zombie Nation.

4 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

I doubt there a many fans who actually know or really care who Steve Bloomer is.

Had it not been for the song, I wouldn't have heard of him and even now, the only thing I know is that he's a former payer who did quite well and who died around 100 years ago.

I have never quite got the song, and as walk on music or music to work the crowd up; it's something of an embarrassment.

Having said that, I find the stupid bounce an embarrassment. When I go to a game, I like to sit and watch and enjoy. I don't need the hassle or pressure of having to sing a song with my daughter containing expletives and then bouncing up and down like some deranged zombie.

I find the stupid 'This is Derby' poem they play a major embarrassment. The words are actually cringeworthy.

I was watching Forest v Man Utd the other day and I was thinking just how much 'Mull of Kintyre' is working for them down the road. So much better than what we have. 

Are you sure you're actually a Derby fan and not a Forest fan?

22 minutes ago, Skin em Ted said:

Agree that it's had its day. In fact it's so far past it's day there are several generations now who've known nothing else. I doubt there'll be any agreement in replacing it and if we did there would be a nostalgic clamour to bring it back before long.

They definitely need to sort out the tempo and stop keeping us guessing with the number of choruses. Despite its faults I guess many are still fond of it. I think the electric version they play on the podcast is ace.

Given that a generation is about 30 years and it wasn't written until 1996 that's some exaggeration! 

I dislike the crap editing, which means you can't even clap to it evenly.

But unless supporters start getting to their seats earlier, whatever is sung will be largely ignored by a sizeable minority.

Never liked it though speeding it up has reduced the 'dirge' effect.

Also the stadium announcer? Really? It's the same script at every home game and does nothing to lift the crowd just before kickoff.

Lets poach Arsenals Norf Landan Foreveva song , just change the words gavnor...

East Midlands Forever, whatever the weather, this stadiums our home...

But yes Steve Bloomer is being played too fast. It actually sounds better when we sing it away from home...one more time now!

5 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

I was watching Forest v Man Utd the other day and I was thinking just how much 'Mull of Kintyre' is working for them down the road. So much better than what we have. 

To be fair, it's a cracking little tune, and yes, it works well, now they've changed the words...

Mull of Kintyre
Oh mist rolling in from the sea,
Via Bicker, and Swaton, and Newton, and Grantham, and Cotgrave
and the miles as the crow flies totalling best part of Fifty...

Catchy, I'll grant thee.

5 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

I doubt there a many fans who actually know or really care who Steve Bloomer is.

Had it not been for the song, I wouldn't have heard of him and even now, the only thing I know is that he's a former payer who did quite well and who died around 100 years ago.

I have never quite got the song, and as walk on music or music to work the crowd up; it's something of an embarrassment.

Having said that, I find the stupid bounce an embarrassment. When I go to a game, I like to sit and watch and enjoy. I don't need the hassle or pressure of having to sing a song with my daughter containing expletives and then bouncing up and down like some deranged zombie.

I find the stupid 'This is Derby' poem they play a major embarrassment. The words are actually cringeworthy.

Don’t think Florist fans give a fig if we , if we like there music or not . But Rowett said it gave them an advantage at the start of games . Rams players might be the ones to ask , what would give them a surge in energy?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Given that a generation is about 30 years and it wasn't written until 1996 that's some exaggeration! 

I dislike the crap editing, which means you can't even clap to it evenly.

But unless supporters start getting to their seats earlier, whatever is sung will be largely ignored by a sizeable minority.

Ha Ha, yes foot perhaps on the exaggerator there! Certainly there will be a lot of folks in their late 30's who never went to the BBG (I believe the song was introduced at the same time as the move to PP?) who have been taking their own kids to matches for some time now.

Anyroad, hyperbole aside... just emphasizing that SBW has been with us for a blooming long time now!

3 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Are you sure you're actually a Derby fan and not a Forest fan?

Why are you not permitted to have an opinion that is negative about DCFC without being labelled a Forest fan?

Just because I think some crap tune about some dead footballer who no one really knows isn't great at working the crowd up, particularly when compared to the tune at Forest when nearly all fans are singing. That is what we want.

I mean really...who the hell is Steve Bloomer....and I really don't care if he is watching or not. It is not a tune that gets the fans going, or a tune that the fans are singing along to.