Fleetwood Away Match Thread

sage

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

Do you have a link please @SKRam? Or can you summarise...

He gave a similar assessment to most on here, glad to win but felt we could be better. Frustrated we conceded so much territory and pressure second half. Talked up Cashin, Wilson, NML, mentioned loving Wilson, seemed to flirt with Bradley Johnson and called him a sexy man or words to that effect. Typical Warne really. 

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

An 80% win rate would earn at least 110 points across the season; that’s quite a high bar you’re setting. 

Because we're chasing so this is from the position we were in, to ending up in the autos. As I said, from here that guarantees us 97 points. Not enough for automatic last season, but would probably be enough this season.

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne mentioned post match on sky that Fleetwood are one of the top sides for attacking stats from set pieces, which partly drove the decision to go “big”, which I’m assuming is code for playing Bradley as part of a back 3. Ultimately it’s not cost us, wonder if it’ll be back to a 4 for the Burton game 🤔 

At least until the 70th minute 👍

Fleetwood threw loads more players and caution to the wind for a period, during that time they looked the better team, not often can you control a game for the full 90. Had the ref rightly given the pen, we'd have cruised to a victory, rather than have a few minutes squeaky bum time.

Take the win and move onto the next game

1 minute ago, caymanram said:

A win despite…… he’s a disaster. 

More nonsensical hyperbole used to slate someone who is doing their job for the team. I’ll admit he’s not the imperious defender many of us hoped we’d signed, but he’s played his part in winning more games than we’ve lost, contributed to the cup run which has provided the opportunity to rest others in order to keep them fresh for the league campaign, and put in headers and blocks today.

This is the definition of the word “disaster”, in my opinion it’s nowhere near applicable to Bradley. I appreciate others won’t agree, but it’s genuinely an excessive choice of language for a player who doesn’t look as good as we’d hoped, nothing more than that;

IMG_1472.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Do you have a link please @SKRam? Or can you summarise...

On Sky @Comrade 86 sorry I don’t have a link. Bradley Johnson in studio….’beautiful man’ according to PW and one of the most honest summaries of a game. He’s well aware of our faults. He’s off to watch the ice hockey this evening and gave the studio    some proper chuckles! Hope you can catch it 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

More nonsensical hyperbole used to slate someone who is doing their job for the team. I’ll admit he’s not the imperious defender many of us hoped we’d signed, but he’s played his part in winning more games than we’ve lost, contributed to the cup run which has provided the opportunity to rest others in order to keep them fresh for the league campaign, and put in headers and blocks today.

This is the definition of the word “disaster”, in my opinion it’s nowhere near applicable to Bradley. I appreciate others won’t agree, but it’s genuinely an excessive choice of language for a player who doesn’t look as good as we’d hoped, nothing more than that;

IMG_1472.jpeg

Yep, I get people don't like or don't rate him, that's up to them.

But why not say he was poor............instead of calling him a disaster?

Seem's silly. 

I personally think he was o.k, but he should have done better for their goal. 

19 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Hate to say it but chaos seems to reign defensively whenever Bradley plays. We were told heading etc was his strength and with his height it should be…. But he’s useless in the air.

Yes…. Cue the ‘it’s early yet- he may come good’ comments- but to me he looks like a disastrous acquisition and a massive waste of money (wages-wise)..

We need to find a league one defender that never makes any mistakes.  It's as simple as that.  🙄

13 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne mentioned post match on sky that Fleetwood are one of the top sides for attacking stats from set pieces, which partly drove the decision to go “big”, which I’m assuming is code for playing Bradley as part of a back 3. Ultimately it’s not cost us, wonder if it’ll be back to a 4 for the Burton game 🤔 

Would imagine it will because we just don't look as comfortable as a 3. 

Edited by Blondest Goat

9 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

He gave a similar assessment to most on here, glad to win but felt we could be better. Frustrated we conceded so much territory and pressure second half. Talked up Cashin, Wilson, NML, mentioned loving Wilson, seemed to flirt with Bradley Johnson and called him a sexy man or words to that effect. Typical Warne really. 

Cheers Caerphilly, good to know he's keeping his pecker up! 

5 minutes ago, SKRam said:

On Sky @Comrade 86 sorry I don’t have a link. Bradley Johnson in studio….’beautiful man’ according to PW and one of the most honest summaries of a game. He’s well aware of our faults. He’s off to watch the ice hockey this evening and gave the studio    some proper chuckles! Hope you can catch it 

Cheers @SKRam mate! Will have a look later.

Just now, Comrade 86 said:

Cheers Caerphilly, good to know he's keeping his pecker up! 

I did sit here thinking “come on Paul, this is sky now, not the local press or club media team” as he nicknamed all of the players and made his daft comments, but that’s clearly just who he is 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

13 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Keeper did nothing wrong...keeps his spot for me.

Cashin had a great game. Bradley was ok but still a bit nervy. Worst performance from Nelson for a while,  back 3 doesn't suit him at all.

Wilson was game and Forsyth solid again.

Collins just playing so much better recently. NML was great again. Bird looks classy but him and Hourihane is pretty un-atheletic as a pairing.

JJ didn't feature much. Barkhuizen scored but he's another who doesn't get around the pitch enough eg got turned and just jogged back.

Characteristic Derby/Warne performance. High energy, got the points but when we drop below our levels we look really likely to concede. Goal was similar to the P'Boro first goal, just flipped cross in and no one competes. 

Bench looked strong and players to come back. However for a few minutes we looked like we may throw away a very winnable game. We don't go for the jugular and do concede ground and make life difficult. 

Fresh legs and even more options in the window and push on.

He nearly cost us when he came out and chested it.  He's probably about the same standard as Wildsmith.  OK with an error pending.  Could be why the defence was a bit unsure.  New goalie can make a difference in real time rather than training.

14 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Hopefully if it suits us. 

I can see why he would do it for a one off, we did today and it worked!

I'd also say it's probably due Nyambe being away as well. We recruited for 3 at the back in the summer and had to scramble to get a RB in to be comfortable with 4 at the back, now that RB is away for a few weeks, no one to really play that position with Smith out as well. So we've got a dilemma, which led us to 3 at the back today. 

We're going to be a bit hamstrung with our defensive options till Nyambe returns, unless we bring a loan in. 

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

I did sit here thinking “come on Paul, this is sky now, not the local press or club media team” as he nicknamed all of the players and made his daft comments, but that’s clearly just who he is 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Gonna be honest and say his line in chat drove me bonkers to start with, but I think it's just his schtick and perhaps something he does to address his nerves. These days, he just makes me laugh, though I'd likely not be so 'charitable' were we losing every week. That said, I'd actually like to see him enjoy some success at Derby, even if he might not be the long term solution and the fact that he irritates the **** out of his detractors makes me chuckle too. Far from everyone's cup of tea, but certainly not the fool some believe him to be. 

For saying Bradley was a disaster, our goalie nearly cost us the game, playing 3 at the back makes us uncomfortable, Fleetwood were better than us for much of the second half ..and other things I’ve forgotten, I’m surprised we got a point, never mind won 3-1. 

How come we’re not perfect yet? Surely we should be by now…😎😎

This game had an ere of Cheltenham away about it.

I liked the look of Dolan in their midfield signed from non-league.  Hungry and eager to get the ball forwards with bags of energy.  Exactly the type of players we need to progress.

Interesting Both NML and Collins said they expected to not be able to play the ball around at Fleetwood but that probably sums up the ability of our squad.  An Ipswich or Plymouth of last season would have controlled the game whereas we don't and cause ourselves problems as a result.

Very happy we ground out the 3 points and our quality shined through in the end.  I just wish we played a little more football and controlled the situations more when needed.