Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

Utterly gutted with that!
No way we deserved to lose... and they certainly didn't deserve to win.

I was just coming round to accepting a draw as a fair enough result.

Thought it was a cracking game to be fair... presumably even better for any neutrals watching, who weren't invested?

I'm now thinking I'd have preferred 1 win and two draws from these past 3 games, despite that being 1 point less.  Irrational of course, but that unbeaten run was beginning to take on it's own importance, in so many positive ways.

Guess we should be "reasonably content" with the 6 points, but it's more the timing of their goals that hurts, rather than anything performance related.

Let's just hope we go again.  Same again (with the unbeaten run), and I guess today can be forgotten... but for now, it's a sickening blow to the stomach!

Just back from a super game to watch.

We gave as good as we got, but for the last 15mins they pressured us relentlessly and we looked like a boxer on the ropes.

Thought we had done enough to draw but they got the final punch in.

I loved their man 14 Randall absolutely bossed the midfield passing and made hourihane and bird look rubbish.

Perhaps a Jan target?

Anyways was a marvellous game, two sides wanting to win, unfortunately we fell a bit short at the end but given a bit of rest we could have done them.

On to Fleetwood COYR 🦍

3 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

It's unrealistic to expect any defence to hold out without any real respite for as long as we were asked to today, especially against the highest scorers in the league. That's where it becomes a game management issue.

Wildsmith also a little worrying at this critical stage…

8 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

I maintain that there isn't a single team to fear in this league and I still don't see any reason why we shouldn't be pushing for that top 2, or that we shouldn't be favourites for.pronotion through the playoffs if it comes to that.

This is true, division 3 football is poorly funded and the standard is therefore reflective. A lot of the players at this level are simply just trying to carve out a career and a huge proportion will fail in that regard. 

Peterborough have scouted well, brought in players with ability and can compete with the likes of ourselves. Credit to them and Darren Ferguson who has done a very good job. 

A good contest between two well matched sides, but we let ourselves down in the last 15 minutes. It was desperately disappointing.

Peterborough are a good team - good in possession, plenty of dynamism, athleticism, pace, power and movement - and they acquitted themselves well. They deserve credit as their heads never dropped and they kept pushing us.

However we gifted them the three points with two uncharacteristically poor moments in defence. If you go 2-1 up and get to the 80 minute mark in a winning position, defend well and force the opposition to do something special to get back into the game. Instead we conceded two goals of the poorest quality and that will sting for a while.

It’s not a time to be too hard on Warne or the players. 8 wins in 10 shows they are giving everything they can. All we can do now is bounce back quickly and win on Saturday. Anything less and Portsmouth, Peterborough and Bolton will soon be out of sight.

They did to us what we did to Oxford. They looked fresher and younger and they played with confidence. 

I still think we’ll finish above them though. 

Thought Warne reacted well to the first 20 minutes feeling like the Alamo with us moving everyone forward 1 player to stop them playing it out easily. We certainly had more control during that period (by control I don’t necessarily mean the ball but we had them where we wanted them even if we didn’t have possession). 

Absolutely vile game management at the end which needs dealing with tbf. 

11 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Utterly gutted with that!
No way we deserved to lose... and they certainly didn't deserve to win.

I was just coming round to accepting a draw as a fair enough result.

Thought it was a cracking game to be fair... presumably even better for any neutrals watching, who weren't invested?

I'm now thinking I'd have preferred 1 win and two draws from these past 3 games, despite that being 1 point less.  Irrational of course, but that unbeaten run was beginning to take on it's own importance, in so many positive ways.

Guess we should be "reasonably content" with the 6 points, but it's more the timing of their goals that hurts, rather than anything performance related.

Let's just hope we go again.  Same again (with the unbeaten run), and I guess today can be forgotten... but for now, it's a sickening blow to the stomach!

Ill be honest i didnt think they deserved to lose it either. 

we were ok , but god dam our collective defending is poor… some terribke decision making… love to know why fozzy was where he was for their first 

got to give posh credit … they just keep finding young, pacey , strong and talented attacking players … on that note 

i said it start of the season.. but what does sibley bring to the table 

if we could swap him and barks for two of their attacking players wed be strumming this league by now 

we couldnt handle them , always a threat always a menace. Thats what good attacking players look like

Those players are out there we have to look harder and smarter 

do think theres something about John jules … just needs some fine tuning and learn to stay on his feet a bit more .. but theres definitely some talent there  

Edited by NottsRam77

Peterborough's movement in the final third was lightyears better than ours. Night and day.

Our midfield got ran through in the first half. It's points dropped and frustrating but I don't think we deserved the win.

Conceding from doing a bad job of defending corners is incredibly annoying. That's meant to be bread and butter to a Warne team.

Peterborough were v good. You could feel a tension with the fans in the stadium. I think most would have taken a point during most of the match. We may have gifted them a couple with poor defending but they also gifted us a penalty. Very disappointing against a rival. Warne tied his best to inject some energy but we still didn’t have any control really

9 minutes ago, silverback said:

Just back from a super game to watch.

We gave as good as we got, but for the last 15mins they pressured us relentlessly and we looked like a boxer on the ropes.

Thought we had done enough to draw but they got the final punch in.

I loved their man 14 Randall absolutely bossed the midfield passing and made hourihane and bird look rubbish.

Perhaps a Jan target?

Anyways was a marvellous game, two sides wanting to win, unfortunately we fell a bit short at the end but given a bit of rest we could have done them.

On to Fleetwood COYR 🦍

Only 13 game in 2 years prior to this one, so he hardly plays it seems.  Don't know if he's a regular now.

11 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Wildsmith also a little worrying at this critical stage…

Last season he had a bad game at Barnsley and never looked quite the same again. I hope the Oxford error doesn't set him off on a bad run again.

Just got home and feel pretty down about that 😞

Not going to pick on anyone although I do dislike the way that we sit back when we go a goal up.

But to be honest we were beaten by a better team - the pace, movement and fitness they possess showed what we are missing - anyone that thinks Peterborough didn’t deserve that must have been watching a different game - I mean I get we are always going to be biased but we really can’t complain at the result - just a shame our defence which has been so good let us down.

Their no 14 was excellent and I imagine more championship clubs would be looking at him rather than Bird who was anonymous again.
Thinking about it I would take most of their front line and midfielders over ours 😞

I think that game has made me realise that we aren’t good enough for the top two which I had begun to hope we might be !

25 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

I was impressed with Peterborough, which I can't say for many teams we've faced this season, but only to a point.

When given the space they were allowed for the first 15-20 minutes of the game they played the sort of football in possession we can only dream of seeing under Warne, but I think once we changed it to 3 at the back we pretty much nullified their threat (hence why I was lining up praise for Warne') & the tactical change and then the subs were all positive signs that Warne is improving, which is all I've ever asked for really.

Denied space they're nothing special, not n the slightest,  I don't think from that point on they actually played well, and I thought we were the better team (or at least comfortably kept them at arms length) until we took the lead.

I maintain that there isn't a single team to fear in this league and I still don't see any reason why we shouldn't be pushing for that top 2, or that we shouldn't be favourites for promotion through the playoffs if it comes to that.

We were the better team for 21 seconds and then second best for a large proportion of the remainder. As soon as they equalised the writing was on the wall…as others have said, Oxford game in reverse….