Derby v Lincoln City

B4’s Sister

1 hour ago, jono said:

It’s so frustrating though isn’t it. He is such a committed player with the ball. He’s got something but as you say, maybe it’s coaching that could bring it out. That said he has had various influences over time. When he scored that hat trick I thought we’d unearthed a gem. There have been other flashes of real skill but they are too infrequent given the game time he has had. Every time he’s in the team I am hoping that “todays the day” but it never seems to happen. He still a useful player but in reality I don’t think other teams say “oh no Sibley’s playing, watch out for him” 

Very much doubt they say that about Tom Barkhuizen either.  Don't think Sibley offers any less out of possession than he does either.  Neither are great but that's not what they're in the side for. 

As someone said Tom Lawrence was indulged week after week without contributing much.  Sibley never been afforded anywhere near that much game time. 

5 hours ago, Srg said:

I know some worship him but this is a step too far.

Not really. I hate unfairness, and have felt the same way about the other players I mentioned and said so. Some have benefitted from moves away, but others have not. It may be they had reached their limits, but fir some being constantly discouraged and thwarted can do their heads in - Lee Holmes, from what? 15 - 20 years ago is a case in point. He had enormous potential but was never realised. In a poor side that struggled to score when Holmes was brought on the game would be transformed, and suddenly chances would come. His reward? Dropped to the bench, or played out of position. It went on time after time after time and he eventually moved on out on loan to Walsall and Preston, both in lower leagues at the time I believe. But he never made it higher up. All the time there were players not producing the goods who kept getting picked regardless. Same old, same old. 

What if ………………. ?

2 hours ago, S8TY said:

I’ve literally watched Sibley seemingly ( although probably isn’t ) half heartedly trying to stop sides playing out of difficult situations and he is easy to play around …he comes to life more when he has the ball but without it he doesn’t do enough ….it is a shame yes but I don’t see him improving any more than he is now so if we get an offer I’d take it 

I think it's worth noting only 3 of our players have a better goal contributions per 90 ratio that Sibley's 0.7 this season: Weston (3.6), John-Jules (2.0) and Mendez-Laing (0.8).

If I remember correctly, League 1 top scorers May and Rhodes are around 0.83 and 0.97 respectively (for comparison)

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I think it's worth noting only 3 of our players have a better goal contributions per 90 ratio that Sibley's 0.7 this season: Weston (3.6), John-Jules (2.0) and Mendez-Laing (0.8).

If I remember correctly, League 1 top scorers May and Rhodes are around 0.83 and 0.97 respectively (for comparison)

I don't think Warne's a stats man is he? Sibs has had his game and a half to show what he can do.

Wildsmith - Ward Nelson Cashin Forsyth - Fornah Bird - Wilson Sibley Barkhuizen - Collins

Vickers Bradley Nyambe Elder Hourihane NML TJJ

With a few games over a short period I would start with NML on the bench ideally we dont even need to bring him on. We will then need to rotate Barkhuizen, Sibley & Wilson for the other games oxer Xmas & NY. Can also rotate Fozzy/Elder & Ward/Nyambe as well as Fornah/Hourihane/Bird.

Edited by DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

League 1 stats or including the cup ? 

Let's face it, if he is held in such high regard by other managers, given his contract situation and lack of playing time under PW, he should have a queue of clubs waiting to sign him next month. 

8 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Think he’ll only make the bench, but he’s back in full training since the start of the week so who knows.

Rather he’s fit for Boxing Day. Youd like to think we are going to dominate the ball in this one so having Ward there wouldn’t be the worst thing. 

Tricky one this...but 3 points is a must if we have aspirations of overtaking pompey 

Just hope we see some good.... ish football 

I'd give TJJ a start here to see if he's capable of being more than a bit part player ...if he's not then we can offload in Jan and get some players in who will play more 

Edited by S8TY

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

'I’d give TJJ a start here to see if he's capable of being more than a bit part player

Completely this. If he’s going to take half a season to start one wonders whether we should be taking the risk in January? He looks like a talent and appreciate he’s Arsenal’s player, but he’s here to do a job for us. Unless he’s played 3-4 games of 60 mins plus in the next month I’d be very concerned about allocating any of January’s budget on him.

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

Tricky one this...but 3 points is a must if we have aspirations of overtaking pompey 

Just hope we see some good.... ish football 

I'd give TJJ a start here to see if he's capable of being more than a bit part player ...if he's not then we can offload in Jan and get some players in who will play more 

Yep, we need to see his general play. Also makes sense to start him and be more clinical early on. If we take the lead at home teams have to take more risks which suits us.

14 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Very much doubt they say that about Tom Barkhuizen either.  Don't think Sibley offers any less out of possession than he does either.  Neither are great but that's not what they're in the side for. 

As someone said Tom Lawrence was indulged week after week without contributing much.  Sibley never been afforded anywhere near that much game time. 

Ok I am biting 🤣 Tom is a player in the autumn of his career. His abilities are known and in decline. It’s a daft comparison. Tom Lawrence was inconsistent but had enough good games to attract interest from many places and displayed a recognisable skill level for a mature player. Again a poor example. This game time malarkey doesn’t hold water. Again though, I am not anti Sibs. I want him to succeed, he has shown at times, special attributes but he has had more than enough game time for those to develop. He’s behind the curve that you would expect. Mind you, maybe he’s peaked ?  maybe another coach will unlock him - but he has had a fair few ? maybe a different playing system would help ?  I really don’t know but it isn’t game time or opportunity he’s had plenty. Wilson is wild and makes bad final decisions sometimes, but is way more scary to any opponent at the moment. 

13 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Wildsmith - Ward Nelson Cashin Forsyth - Fornah Bird - Wilson Sibley Barkhuizen - Collins

Vickers Bradley Nyambe Elder Hourihane NML TJJ

With a few games over a short period I would start with NML on the bench ideally we dont even need to bring him on. We will then need to rotate Barkhuizen, Sibley & Wilson for the other games oxer Xmas & NY. Can also rotate Fozzy/Elder & Ward/Nyambe as well as Fornah/Hourihane/Bird.

over the recent weeks,nml has looked the fittest player on the park,still having plenty in the tank after 80 minutes.wildsmith,cash,nelson,and nml are the only four that should be guaranteed a start