Derby v Lincoln City

B4’s Sister

2 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

So which player was it who had about our only attempt on goal in the first half?

Both Sibley and NML had attempts on goal in the first half that were deflected wide.

Sibs struggled to get into the game after his booking and Leahy's antics, but I don't think that was surprising. I'd still play him on Thursday.

6 hours ago, MadAmster said:

Sibs wasn't the worst of the MF 3 last Satdeh. I'd play Fornah instead of Hourihane.

He was for me, once he picks up his obligatory yellow card, may as well take him off.
Always thought Sibley was going to be better than Hughes, unless he starts to fulfil that potential he will be another Mason Bennett.

1 hour ago, Returning ram said:

He was for me, once he picks up his obligatory yellow card, may as well take him off.
Always thought Sibley was going to be better than Hughes, unless he starts to fulfil that potential he will be another Mason Bennett.

That was his only second yellow card of the season.

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Both Sibley and NML had attempts on goal in the first half that were deflected wide.

Sibs struggled to get into the game after his booking and Leahy's antics, but I don't think that was surprising. I'd still play him on Thursday.

Sibley's shot wasn't deflected. It was just wide. 

Goal kick given.

54 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Has 5 in 18 games, not sure how many came from when he started.

The others must have come in the cup competitions, which I don't think are carried across to the league?

Even so, 5 in 18 games isn't excessive for a midfielder/LWB/LB, given how quick refs are to book our players.

Wildsmith

Ward Nelson Cashin Foz

Bird

Wilson     Hourihane    NML

Collo.   Barks     

Bird playing deeper so he has the game in front of him (he doesn’t attempt or score enough to be playing higher up). Use Hourihane’s strengths further up the pitch (I.e. not taking it off the CBs and having to defend the final third). Barks said it himself on RD (“Once upon a time I used to be a striker”). Fox in the box Saturday, might get on the end of the myriad crosses from Ward/NML.

Edited by DiggerB

Hoping to get up from Bristol to see this one. What’s not to like? Pre-Christmas game under lights.

Rampant rams will reveal their attacking skills I reckon.

Fornah to start for me. His energy changed things on Saturday, even if his passing was sometimes careless. 

We have to give Collins more support upfront. Crosses to a single attacker aren’t going to bear fruit.

4-4-2 with Fornah and Bird between NML and either Ward or Wilson, who will again be our right flank, with Barks supporting Collins first hour, then TJJ.

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

The others must have come in the cup competitions, which I don't think are carried across to the league?

Even so, 5 in 18 games isn't excessive for a midfielder/LWB/LB, given how quick refs are to book our players.

Just checked, total of 894 mins he has played, therefore in effect one every 180 mins. It's not the number he picks up, just that he is a passenger off the ball once that happens.

46 minutes ago, Returning ram said:

Just checked, total of 894 mins he has played, therefore in effect one every 180 mins. It's not the number he picks up, just that he is a passenger off the ball once that happens.

He's picked up 3 first half bookings this season - last Saturday, Crewe at home, and Wolves U21s, where he played the full 90 minutes. Saturday is the only time you could reasonably argue it's affected his performance, and the only time he's been withdrawn at HT after being booked. 

I think you're unfortunately repeating an old trope about Sibley. He's cut out the wild tackles that cost him both red and yellow cards in the past. Saturday's booking was avoidable but on another day would almost certainly imo have been addressed by a warning that early in the game. I'm impressed with how he handles himself now, particularly as opposition teams target him and referees seem to offer him little protection from provocation (see Saturday also).

13 hours ago, Returning ram said:

Not disagreeing. Factually, you are correct but if you look at how the two were used there are differences between Sibs and Hughes. Hughesy was played regularly in the same role and improved. Sibs? His only extended run at any one position was last season at Left Back and he did well. Give him a run at #10 to see if he can become the player he was expected to be. IMO, it's his usage as a utility player that has arrested his development.

His contract is up in the summer. I still believe there's a good player in there. If he's not going to get a run at #10 (or any other role for that matter), I'd advise him to move on to a club where he can get a run and reignite his development and become the Sibs we all want him to be. I don't see PW giving him what he needs. If he does move on I hope he gets what he needs and shows the past few DCFC Managers where they went wrong. If he stays I hope he gets the chance to show what he can do in his preferred role.

5 minutes ago, Crewton said:

He's picked up 3 first half bookings this season - last Saturday, Crewe at home, and Wolves U21s, where he played the full 90 minutes. Saturday is the only time you could reasonably argue it's affected his performance, and the only time he's been withdrawn at HT after being booked. 

I think you're unfortunately repeating an old trope about Sibley. He's cut out the wild tackles that cost him both red and yellow cards in the past. Saturday's booking was avoidable but on another day would almost certainly imo have been addressed by a warning that early in the game. I'm impressed with how he handles himself now, particularly as opposition teams target him and referees seem to offer him little protection from provocation (see Saturday also).

He's not fulfilled his potential as a player but has improved his disciplinary record. IMO, he never will fulfil his potential when he never gets a run at one position except for that extended run at left back last season when he did well. I feel for the lad.

11 hours ago, Crewton said:

In the league only, minutes played per yellow are:
1. Thompson - 201
2. Collins - 248
3. Hourihane - 260
4. Sibley - 280
5. Forsyth - 325
6. Cashin - 325
7. Washington - 496