Derby v Lincoln City

B4’s Sister

2 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

That's a great effort, let's hope it's one of those special pre-Christmas games that put the fear into the rest of the division. I remember a game under TBE when we went top before Christmas, it was a real statement and magical atmosphere (I'm aware we can't go top tonight before anyone chimes in... Boo Warne Out etc.)

Sunderland 3-2 or the away 1-0 win at Huddersfield…..great times 😊🐏

9 hours ago, S8TY said:

Tricky one this...but 3 points is a must if we have aspirations of overtaking pompey 

Just hope we see some good.... ish football 

I'd give TJJ a start here to see if he's capable of being more than a bit part player ...if he's not then we can offload in Jan and get some players in who will play more 

Think they said on Radio Derby a couple of weeks ago that Arsenal would be heavily dictating his game time due to the nature of his injuries so far-probably to the frustration of Warne

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sunderland 3-2 or the away 1-0 win at Huddersfield…..great times 😊🐏

Yeah Sunderland is the one I'm thinking of that's up there as one of the most memorable moments in my Rams career (although clearly not that memorable as I couldn't remember who it was against or what the score was... I've drunk a lot of whisky recently but I'm sure that's not related)

19 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Less than 2,000 tickets left for home fans now, 241 in the West stand and 273 in the East stand.

With reportedly 1,900 Lincoln fans there should be around 27,000 in attendance.

Only 2,000 less than the Forest vs Spurs game on Sunday afternoon which is actually mightily impressive given the current standings of the two teams and the respective timings of the games. Hopefully the Rams faithful are rewarded with a professional performance and the club with 3 more points for the promotion coffers.

4 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

You always bite, despite your comments in the Tiresome Oneupmanship thread.  🤣

How's it a daft comparison?  They play in a similar position.  What does age have to do with it?  Sibley is criticised for his work out of possession.  Do you think Barkhuizen is any better?  The guy never wins a header, he never wins a 50-50, he's about as lightweight and ineffective as it's possible to be.  But I don't see anyone criticising him.

I don't see how Lawrence is a daft comparison either.  He was picked week after week for the one good game he had in a dozen (possibly being generous) because on those occasions he might score you the goal that won the match.  Sibley can score the goal that might win us the match too but doesn't get anywhere near the amount of game time.  If he has a quiet game or even sometimes just 45 minutes he's off.

Sibbers is.often hooked after playing well!

3 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

So we can't compare any aspect of Sibs or Barks games or how they are treated by fans / management cos they're not the same age?  Absolutely baffled by that.  

I think that says it all. I’m baffled that you don’t see that.

This whole conversation (from my pov) is about potential versus performance 

Barks is not going to improve because of his age. He is what he is. 

Sibs on the basis of his early promise should be improving  but doesn’t seem to be. Why ?

You and Roy think it’s game time, misuse, and general unfairness. 

I don’t know what it is, but it’s not anything to do any of the things you guys think. He just doesn’t look special, when a couple of years ago he looked to be healthy  root stock who was going to produce seriously good fruit

43 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Only 2,000 less than the Forest vs Spurs game on Sunday afternoon which is actually mightily impressive given the current standings of the two teams and the respective timings of the games. Hopefully the Rams faithful are rewarded with a professional performance and the club with 3 more points for the promotion coffers.

Didn’t Forest play Spurs on Friday night not Sunday afternoon? Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Forest game wasn’t actually a sell out. I know their official capacity is a little higher but we all know clubs quite often can’t sell up to their capacity.

The Teams

Derby County: Wildsmith (GK), Forsyth, Hourihane (C), Cashin, Barkhuizen, Bird, Collins, Mendez-Laing, Fornah, Ward, Nelson.

Substitutes: Vickers (GK), Wilson, Bradley, Thompson, Sibley, John-Jules, Elder.

Lincoln City: Jensen (GK), Sorensen, Jackson, Erhahon, Bishop, Hamilton, Mandroiu, O'Connor (C), Burroughs, Mitchell, Makama.

Substitutes: Wright (GK), Smith, Duffy, Adelakun, Eyoma, Roughan, Vale.

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Didn’t Forest play Spurs on Friday night not Sunday afternoon? Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Forest game wasn’t actually a sell out. I know their official capacity is a little higher but we all know clubs quite often can’t sell up to their capacity.

Yeah, my bad. I'm not really criticising them anyway, rather bigging up our support. 

18 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

The Teams

Derby County: Wildsmith (GK), Forsyth, Hourihane (C), Cashin, Barkhuizen, Bird, Collins, Mendez-Laing, Fornah, Ward, Nelson.

Substitutes: Vickers (GK), Wilson, Bradley, Thompson, Sibley, John-Jules, Elder.

Lincoln City: Jensen (GK), Sorensen, Jackson, Erhahon, Bishop, Hamilton, Mandroiu, O'Connor (C), Burroughs, Mitchell, Makama.

Substitutes: Wright (GK), Smith, Duffy, Adelakun, Eyoma, Roughan, Vale.

That's a stronger team IMO. Not sure how much goal threat there will be from midfield though 

2 minutes ago, sage said:

That's a stronger team IMO. Not sure how much goal threat there will be from midfield though 

Be interesting to see who out of Fornah and Hourihane gets forward most. Hourihane carries a goal/assist threat as he’s proven through the years, maybe Fornah playing means Hourihane can play closer to the opposition goal rather than ours. 

42 minutes ago, jono said:

I think that says it all. I’m baffled that you don’t see that.

This whole conversation (from my pov) is about potential versus performance 

Barks is not going to improve because of his age. He is what he is. 

Sibs on the basis of his early promise should be improving  but doesn’t seem to be. Why ?

You and Roy think it’s game time, misuse, and general unfairness. 

I don’t know what it is, but it’s not anything to do any of the things you guys think. He just doesn’t look special, when a couple of years ago he looked to be healthy  root stock who was going to produce seriously good fruit

Think we are talking about different things.  Improvement hasn't come into my thinking.  You said that other teams probably didn't fear Sibley and I said that I doubted they feared Barks either.  Then I mentioned the out of possession stuff because someone (possibly you) had been criticising that part of Sibleys game.  They were the comparisons I was drawing.  Nothing to do with improvement.

Exactly why I rarely post on here.   Like pulling teeth trying to make a point.

1 hour ago, Comrade 86 said:

And we probably won't get barely a mention on Sky or the BBC tonight, because they will be concentrating on the 'massive' Premier League clash between Palace and Brighton. And guess what, there'll be more at Pride Park tonight than Selhurst Park!