Max Bird

Caerphilly Ram

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I would be fairly relaxed with allowing Bird to leave for funds to spend. 

He’s a good player technically, but has absolutely struggled to consistently to provide an impact for us. I’ve really like Fornah from what I’ve seen and honestly don’t believe we would lose much, if anything, losing Bird to give him more game time.

Wow. 

52 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I would be fairly relaxed with allowing Bird to leave for funds to spend. 

He’s a good player technically, but has absolutely struggled to consistently to provide an impact for us. I’ve really like Fornah from what I’ve seen and honestly don’t believe we would lose much, if anything, losing Bird to give him more game time.

What have you seen Fornah do? Personally I haven’t hardly seen anything to include him in the matchday 18 and I expect not to be with us in a years time 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What have you seen Fornah do? Personally I haven’t hardly seen anything to include him in the matchday 18 and I expect not to be with us in a years time 

He’s not been given a proper run of games, but what I really like the bits I’ve seen. I think he has a lot of potential, it wasn’t long ago most people had him down with Nyambe and Nelson as our best signing of the summer. 

Bird, I feel, gives us too many 6/10 games. He isn’t impactful enough. No doubt he’s a technically good footballer and he obviously is a great character around the club. He’s a good player for us, no doubt, but it wouldn’t be difficult for us to sell him and improve the side IMO. Similarly to losing Knight, ironically, the guy we picked up as part of the deal has come in and been much improved on the Knight we saw and had last season. 

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

He had a good game against Blackpool and 10 minutes against Bristol Rovers.  Not much other than that.

8 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

€1.5m was reported for Buchanan as compensation. I'm not sure Ebiowei's has even been decided yet, but they only offered us a measly £30k, which we obviously rejected and so it's gone to tribunal.

I seem to recall an accepted figure for Buchanan of 440 k to avoid the dragging out and costs.  Might be wrong on that though.  Ebiowei roll on is a disgrace, especially as they will have had a loan fee since.  Probably have 10 players on more than 30k a week. There our friends as well, course they are. 

4 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Radio Humberside Sport had an interview yesterday with Rosenior. He's had some good news on a transfer the last day or so. Plenty on their confident deal for Bird has been agreed.

It was his pre-match presser, the noise from a lot of my Hull mates (I grew up there) is they’ve agreed a deal for Ryan Kent and are in for some lad from Burnley.

Rosenior ended that same press conference specifically answering a question about Max Bird in which he downplayed the interest, saying he has too much respect to speak openly about Bird/Derby and midfield isn’t their priority for recruitment currently.

You can hear it at the end of this clip;

13 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He’s not been given a proper run of games, but what I really like the bits I’ve seen. I think he has a lot of potential, it wasn’t long ago most people had him down with Nyambe and Nelson as our best signing of the summer. 

Bird, I feel, gives us too many 6/10 games. He isn’t impactful enough. No doubt he’s a technically good footballer and he obviously is a great character around the club. He’s a good player for us, no doubt, but it wouldn’t be difficult for us to sell him and improve the side IMO. Similarly to losing Knight, ironically, the guy we picked up as part of the deal has come in and been much improved on the Knight we saw and had last season. 

Think I agree that I’d like to see a lot more of Fornah. Felt he’d done alright then played that pass that led to Cheltenhams goal and that was it not really seen since. 

I think he has that look about him where he is so laid back on the ball that some fans worry when in fact he’s in complete control of what’s happening. 

7 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It was his pre-match presser, the noise from a lot of my Hull mates (I grew up there) is they’ve agreed a deal for Ryan Kent and are in for some lad from Burnley.

Rosenior ended that same press conference specifically answering a question about Max Bird in which he downplayed the interest, saying he has too much respect to speak openly about Bird/Derby and midfield isn’t their priority for recruitment currently.

You can hear it at the end of this clip;

Update on this one, allegedly Dele Alli spotted at the MKM Stadium today as the player Rosenior is excited about. 

14 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Update on this one, allegedly Dele Alli spotted at the MKM Stadium today as the player Rosenior is excited about. 

Dele Alli is where I go for all my cold meats and pickles.

Personally, Bird is a player that's hard to rate.

NML..you see the driving runs, ball carrying, crosses.

Wilson, the tricks and dribbles. 

Nelson, the headers, the brushing players off the ball.

Collins, the work rate, energy...occasional missed chances.

Bird... he's neat, tidy. Elegant almost. Doesn't seem to get about the pitch - but that may be unfair perception,  doesn't score many.  Never one for a ferocious tackle..

I don't notice him that much in games. Doesn't take free kicks. No towering headers. 

That dribble yesterday seemed almost out of character as he almost drove with the ball. 

Certainly isn't especially pacey...

So I kinda feel we wouldn't miss him. But every manager has rated him and they know more than me!

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Bird... he's neat, tidy. Elegant almost. Doesn't seem to get about the pitch - but that may be unfair perception,  doesn't score many.  Never one for a ferocious tackle..

I don't notice him that much in games. Doesn't take free kicks. No towering headers. 

That dribble yesterday seemed almost out of character as he almost drove with the ball. 

So I kinda feel we wouldn't miss him. But every manager has rated him and they know more than me!

He now leads the charts for CMs with open play assists. Other than that, he's just a good all rounder - generally above avergae at passing and shooting (for this league), but he also isn't bad at much either (just aerial battles)

51 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I think we would hugely miss him. If we go up he would be pivotal in the championship. He just quietly gets on with stuff. But agree would love to see more driving runs from him like yesterday

4 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

I think we would hugely miss him. If we go up he would be pivotal in the championship. He just quietly gets on with stuff. But agree would love to see more driving runs from him like yesterday

If we can afford to keep him and get young reinforcements in midfield I think we’d see the best from him. 

ATM he’s torn because he has to cover for Hourihane’s lack of mobility and also the lack of creativity from our other midfield options.

Bird can play at a higher level and can also be core to our promotion push this season. I don't get the need to push him out the door if we're going to be looking for players of his ilk next season in a league where more technical players prosper.