Bristol Rovers - 25 November

B4’s Sister

43 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Agree with that 

one thing that does intrigue me 

The number of times i see on here “derby won , but so and so were rubbish” 

not a dig at u .. but at what point do we give our lads credit for making them look rubbish.

pressing , harrying them, being physical, out running them , winning challenges, getting in tight .. for too long these were things we didnt do which makes other team look bad.

while the football is crap, there is an ugly side to the game that allows u to win football matches

obviously we all want the football to he 200 times better but i think we do the lads a little dis service sometimes

I do think that being a “big team” in this league does help. Teams are happy to leave with a point.

But we can be rubbish and so can they. If it was a draw I would feel aggrieved because we were better in the second half, but the first was as 0-0 as you can get.

I think as soon as we went with the three CBs, it gave them more impetus. We did well to go straight back on the front foot after conceding, but that was mostly because of Fornah.

We edged it in the end but there’s still a lot of room for improvement.

Just got in...

First half was deadly,deadly dull with Collins returning to his party trick of being in the wrong time and the wrong place for the majority of it....

Second half much better,the game opened up and Mendez,again was the difference.

In the end I was very happy....I saw Chris Martin again score a cracking goal at pride park and we still won the game!

It's all bleeding coming together... somehow.

COYR!

Also thought that Nelson and Cashin was solid at the back, and Mendez scared the hell out of them. And I thought we looked better when Fornah came on, and why did Sibley start at left back and not Wilson who has impressed me lately. A big game on tuesday away to Port Vale now, need to keep our unbeaten league form going. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

4 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Also thought that Nelson and Cashin was solid at the back, and Mendez scared the hell out of them. And I thought we looked better when Fornah came on, and why did Sibley start at left back and not Wilson who has impressed me lately. A big game on tuesday away to Port Vale now, need to keep our unbeaten league form going. 

Warne spoke about it post match and said it was intentional to use Sibley there due to wanting a natural left footer for the balance of the side and to link with NML. He was nice and positive in his praise of Sibley which is nice to hear as so many on here regularly imply Warne hates the lad (I’m joking…sort of) ;

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Warne spoke about it post match and said it was intentional to use Sibley there due to wanting a natural left footer for the balance of the side and to link with NML. He was nice and positive in his praise of Sibley which is nice to hear as so many on here regularly imply Warne hates the lad (I’m joking…sort of) ;

Thought he wasn’t good first half. Did improve second. Can’t be easy swapping positions every time he plays. 

11 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

We've only played 4 away league matches since the beginning of October and the record is W1 D1 L2.

The one win was the first of that sequence at Blackpool on 3rd October.

High time for a statement away performance.

47 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Not sure if its been mentioned in the thread but i found it interesting that only 2 of the 11 that started were Warne signings (Nelson & Nyambe) yet all 7 subs were his signings. 

You get applause from Roy mac for that because weather you meant it or not he can use it in his anti Warne campaign 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Which questions did you want answered? 

Will we stop being Mendez-Laing FC?

Does Warne know his best side?

Does Warne know his best formation?

Can we be consistent in levels of performance?

I will say putting a winning run together is a big step this season but whether we can go on an unbeaten run we need to get promoted i'm not sure right now.