Bristol Rovers - 25 November

B4’s Sister

7 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Got to say the Sonny Bradley thing really infuriates me, why does he keep bringing him on (I presume to close the game down) with 15/20 minutes to go playing at home when we should be pushing to put the game to bed🤬

Looking forward to Tommo coming, will Warne ever dare drop Smith and Hourihane to try Tommo, Fornah and Bird together?

Beaten by Martin for their goal- and Bradley is how much taller !!?

….seems like whenever he comes on to ‘shore things up’ we look worse …

49 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Just me who enjoyed yesterday then? I actually also thought we played very well in spells. Some last ditch defending in the first half but other than that we were totally in control 

They were happy with a point and were content with possession and not doing anything too risky - their defence especially the no.4 (at fault for both goals?) was poor. When they had to up the pace and score they did. 

After a little dig by CM18 on Cashin (If I recall?)

Did my eyes deceive me, or did the ref call over their captain to tell CM to cut it out or else?  🤷‍♂️

I remember thinking "How very rugby-ref"!  Is this now a footy thing, and how long as this been going on?  

Just starting to thaw out from watching BTFC yesterday...my was it cold, Any how, On 85mins and Derby winning 1-0 while BTFC were losing 0-3 we aimed for the club house for a beer and a warm, Group of fellas to our left all moaning...what's up guys...Martin has equalised for Rovers...ba***rd I said, I sit down with my beer with a glum look on my face(yes even tho I'm not there it still has an effect)barman shouts out 2-1...who the feck to I shouted...the Rams he said...are you serious or taking the piss...serious mate, I hurry to get a signal on my phone, I shout it's still 1-1(BBC sport page)honest mate 2-1 NML scored, I give a scowl in his direction...turn to my iPhone...2-1...get the feck in I shout, Blokes on the other table join in the cheers.

Reading most of the posts after Derby had won, I was surprised to read how poor we were In the 1st half and the change of personnel at 1-0, Safety 1st is a policy that is ingrained into PWs method, Maybe not good to watch and the fact this division is not as good as last season a little bit of ability can get you 3 points, Sibleys tackle/block started the move for Fornah to run and cross for NML to score, Any goal is a good goal...but wow their keeper and the 2 on the line need to be put on detention...awful defending, But if you don't shoot you very rarely score 😉   

1 hour ago, caymanram said:

Beaten by Martin for their goal- and Bradley is how much taller !!?

….seems like whenever he comes on to ‘shore things up’ we look worse …

Yeah I don’t think I’m alone in not feeling any safer at all when Bradley comes on. 

will say I think it’s the back five and inviting the opposition on rather than being a personal thing on Bradley. But he certainly has an error in him.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He was a complete passenger, playing 5 or 10 yard passes, usually from behind or alongside our centre backs.

Ideally we could change Smith and Hourihane out the team but don’t think we have the personnel too unless he gets really brave and plays someone like Robinson. Let’s hope Smith isn’t badly hurt but is missing for a couple of games to get Fornah in the side again just to break up that horrible midfield partnership. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

They were happy with a point and were content with possession and not doing anything too risky - their defence especially the no.4 (at fault for both goals?) was poor. When they had to up the pace and score they did. 

Why didn’t they “up the pace and score” again in the 9 minutes of time added on if it was that easy for them? Why did it take them 20 minutes to finally getting around to upping the pace and scoring?

For me the performance didn't really matter that much yesterday, it was all about getting the win for B4 and getting into the top six, so job done in that respect. Something I would like to say though is when Bradley was about to come on, there was an audible groan from those around me. I get that he hasn't had the best of starts, but I just wish we could be a bit more supportive, rather then expecting the worst from him every time. A confidence boost will surely help him improve his game, and isn't that what we all want really?

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He was a complete passenger, playing 5 or 10 yard passes, usually from behind or alongside our centre backs.

He switched play well a couple of times, agree he was very deep. Does seem to be how people play that role though. Declan rice is almost a third centre back at times.

Smith is the more glaring problem is this midfield when not the deepest player. Get Fornah in with bird and hourihane sitting. Longer term I agree you’d want someone more mobile and better defensively than hourihane. But is not a bad stopgap for me currently.

28 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Thought he played ok yesterday, made some decent passes. 

Agreed. He dropped into the back 4 on the odd occasion either Cashin or Nelson went forward and then his distribution, particularly to our left flank, was better than anything our two central defenders managed. He has his detractors on here and no matter how he plays they'll still give him stick.

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why didn’t they “up the pace and score” again in the 9 minutes of time added on if it was that easy for them? Why did it take them 20 minutes to finally getting around to upping the pace and scoring?

I didn't notice any obvious increase in their attacking urgency and the goal they scored was completely down to a ludicrous challenge by NML, nothing to do with upping the pace.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

I didn't notice any obvious increase in their attacking urgency and the goal they scored was completely down to a ludicrous challenge by NML, nothing to do with upping the pace.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, I think that was the point that @Tamworthram was making.

I suspect your post would have been better assigned had it been in direct response to the post to which @Tamworthram was responding, and not to @Tamworthram's post itself?  

8 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Agreed. He dropped into the back 4 on the odd occasion either Cashin or Nelson went forward and then his distribution, particularly to our left flank, was better than anything our two central defenders managed. He has his detractors on here and no matter how he plays they'll still give him stick.

I said about a month back that I thought he was a major reason behind our performances improving, thought he was putting himself about and impacting games.

Think he has very quickly slipped back to his performance levels of earlier in the season.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I said about a month back that I thought he was a major reason behind our performances improving, thought he was putting himself about and impacting games.

Think he has very quickly slipped back to his performance levels of earlier in the season.

Can't agree based on his performance yesterday. The big disappointment for me in our midfield was Smith - I thought it was one of his worst games this season.

I missed the game yesterday as I am away but most of the reports sent to me suggest we were dreadful for 70 minutes and fortunate to win the points, is that the case ? 
Chris Martin did ok I assume ? 
several interesting results around the division yesterday I thought