Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

Just now, Sparkle said:

NML is our only spark in the side generally whilst our defence is at best average and our generally played central midfield are ponderous- I hope that helps oh and Crewe seem to be better than a few of the sides in league one ( third division) 

Yeah, they are better than us based on the games we've seen so far.

I’ll be honest, since we got shafted by the FA with the covid issue and having to play Chorley with our under 11s I have become completely disinterested in everything to do with the FA Cup.

I really couldn’t care less about the FA Cup since we got forced to play when Spurs with the same issue were allowed to postpone their game.

However…..

Having said that I don’t like to see us getting schooled at home to a very average league  2 side either, as I am sure it does everyone else……. it breaks me. 

Extremely disappointing 

Just now, Chris_Martin said:

So the running round a lot and cross it in over and over hasn't worked again, 

Warne shifts to the only other tactic he knows, gung ho.

Wouldnt be so bad if they could cross it into the right area... invariably they hit the first man or over hit by 15 yards.

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The inconsistency is so frustrating. It completely negates good performances and good results when you follow it up with rubbish. Teams that are this inconsistent either aren't coached well or can't be arsed. Neither are a good sign.

Someone commented in the Barnsley thread that not many stayed behind to applaud, despite the positives.  Just sauntered out.
I get the feeling that this inconsistency is behind such a reaction.  It's almost like we don't trust them to do it again in the next game, so what's the point?  🤷‍♂️

I’m not a huge fan of warne, but do agree with a previous post who said they’d be very surprised if we were set up any different than on Saturday? A couple of changes shouldn’t make this much difference.

I get a good coach should be able to counter things, but I do think we’re letting a lot of players off with some really rank performances.