Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

I don't think we learned anything new about Warne tonight really. I'm still of the opinion that he isn't right for the club and is a limited coach and tactician. What I did learn however is that our players are extremely spineless and not capable of putting in back to back performances. The core of this team really needs ripping out, ironically for a squad built on "character" we have absolutely nobody with any courage in this team. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

I was thinking the same. I know he shouldn't be throwing the players under the bus but (admittedly only based on the result and the comments on this forum), how can he seriously say anything other than he got the tactics/set up wrong and the players didn't play well enough?

So frustrating after Saturday when it was the opposite. Tactics were right and everyone played well.

If, as it sounds on RD and from the comments on here it was tactics. We reverted to rattling it down the wings and put 15,000 crosses in to Crewe defenders.

How did we get away with playing proper football for the previous 2 matches? Was Warne off sick or something?

8 minutes ago, PrideParkhead said:

Out of both cups in the 1st round, with both games at home.  A new low in the history of DCFC. And people still stick up for this useless manager on here 

Christ, it’s pathetic isn’t it? Every time you think we’ve turned a corner we fall apart again. Is it the manager? Is it the players? So depressing.

4 minutes ago, Justa said:

Not good enough - from the players or the manager.

Not sure I should listen to Warnes interview it might push me over the edge !

True but it’s the finest of margins at this level - we gave them a good cracking in terms of our play but goals win games so tonight they edged it. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I don't think we learned anything new about Warne tonight really. I'm still of the opinion that he isn't right for the club and is a limited coach and tactician. What I did learn however is that our players are extremely spineless and not capable of putting in back to back performances. The core of this team really needs ripping out, ironically for a squad built on "character" we have absolutely nobody with any courage in this team. 

That's a good question. What's happened to all these great "characters" that were recruited?

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Absolutely spot on. 

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

We got out of jail in the first game. Well done Crewe, sounds like we were well beaten tonight. Interesting to hear how Warne explains this one away. 

Players had their heads turned by Disney and Kane played the worst in the playground.  Summat, Summat.   Where's me mugs and coffee, jumpers for goalposts,  flibble, flibble.  Their midfield was scary so best to just lump towards their goalie from out wide onto Cashs noggin who gets loads or the goalies Kenny Everrett hands.  Bradley was brought on to get 3 goals in 5 minutes on another day, that comes off.  I