January Reinforcements

sage

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

The Club have been saying we'd get a better deal for him in compensation, so you guess why that's changed.

Possibly it’s to enable further additions without immediately weakening the squad? 
Gutted he’s going eventually though 😞 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

It’s sad to see him go but I think it’s actually best case scenario. We have him for the rest of the season. We now have funds for a striker as Dom and Leigh have said we can spend more once we sell. Birdy obviously wasn’t gonna sign on. 

9 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

In my View we have just shot promotion straight in the foot .

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

Im all for Clowes i dont want him spending silly money ( lesson learned ) 

But for me midfield is terrible i dont agree that hourihane and Bird are what we need . If we are that tight on funds what a missed opportunity , why not sell bird get a fee and his wages off the books and with that get the midfielder in we have got in who i believe is a bit off a tackler what we have been crying out for !! . But also free up wages and money to go for a better striker .

I have always been a Warne fan think he is a grwat bloke doing a good job in still some fairly difficult circumstances but i think he has totally shot us in the foot here for going up , why he couldnt see off loading bird and getting a decent striker in is beyond me . We wont make autos now and i doubt we will win a playoff as derby sides are known for bottling it when the time comes . 

Put my tin hat on but its how i feel right now .

Just cant believe we havent got a striker in and we only have one fit that everyone is not convinced about , and neither am i .

Just got home and read this.  Post of the day!!

5 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Bird fee believed to be £2.5m + appearances + 10% sell on 

Wells and Cornick spoken about on loan.

id imagine back in for smith as well. long night ahead.

If it's £2.5 mill not a single penny should go towards short term solution loans. All of that should go towards rebuilding the club with players under 25 on a permanent this coming summer.

4 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Bird fee believed to be £2.5m + appearances + 10% sell on 

Wells and Cornick spoken about on loan.

id imagine back in for smith as well. long night ahead.

£2.5 mill for a player , you can have for free in a few month , and stays anyway - Incredible result . Would have guessed at £0.5 tops .