January Reinforcements

sage

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep. Must be why we're still playing most of them? 😄 Bradley et al just waiting in the wings?

How sad , use a stick to beat warne that is just garbage then wriggle and squirm when it’s shown to be the garbage it is , still we all see your ok with buying old players on free with bigger wages as long as it’s not your scapegoat warne 😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You're too sensitive little fella, if you don't like what I post, please, block me..

I've never changed my thoughts and feelings over the years and it ain't about to happen now.

Sensitive little fella 😂😂😂😂😂😂, why would I block you ? That would just produce an echo chamber for negative fantasy , post away till your heart s content and the few of us left who can be bothered will call it out for the bxlloxs it is 🤷🏻‍♂️
oh and the little attempt at insult will not be lost on sensible people , it’s the modus operandi that has no value

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

I remember it seemed that Warne was at Brentford v Wolves and he said there’s a striker he was also looking at in that game. He also said that there’s a premier league player that can be released once that team sign a replacement. It seems like it would be Nathan Fraser from wolves and wolves are close to signing to signing a striker from Brazil. Wonder if this is one that could potentially happen.

Wouldn’t you rather Brown? Give our own players a go

16 minutes ago, Archied said:

Sensitive little fella 😂😂😂😂😂😂, why would I block you ? That would just produce an echo chamber for negative fantasy , post away till your heart s content and the few of us left who can be bothered will call it out for the bxlloxs it is 🤷🏻‍♂️
oh and the little attempt at insult will not be lost on sensible people , it’s the modus operandi that has no value

Attempt at an insult?

People like you throw insults out constantly. Calling people's posts "bile, tripe" or whatever you small men ego types do, is as much insulting as anything...but I don't tend to rise to it, but then I don't feel the need to pull people up when I don't agree with what they say or post, bigger man I suppose.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I think my main issue with the way the club are now blaming restrictions is that in the summer they said that we were free from restrictions and would be monitored against a business plan.

What is the difference between operating under restrictions and operating under a plan designed to keep within restrictions?

I think the club have put themselves in a daft position here by not being clear on the comms with the fans. 

Between the message the club put out in the summer and Warne saying he wanted to add to the squad in Jan I don't think the fans can be blamed for expecting more.

20240131_134706.jpg

I know it seems like semantics but isn't one where the restriction is being imposed by a third party and the other is the club imposing the restriction on itself?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I know it seems like semantics but isn't one where the restriction is being imposed by a third party and the other is the club imposing the restriction on itself?

That's kind of what I was getting at. The way it was framed at the time was open to interpretation and football fans being football fans (a good chunk of them anyway) were going to see it one way. I just think the club could have been a bit more careful that's all. If it was clear we'd be fishing for loans and freebies and still unable to pay fees we could have adjusted our expectations accordingly.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

That's kind of what I was getting at. The way it was framed at the time was open to interpretation and football fans being football fans (a good chunk of them anyway) were going to see it one way. I just think the club could have been a bit more careful that's all. If it was clear we'd be fishing for loans and freebies and still unable to pay fees we could have adjusted our expectations accordingly.

I agree it's bordering on being disingenuous.

All this talk about a pot of money for this but another pot of money for that is just really annoying quite frankly.

I don't see the issue with saying we are skint as it's not like the converse when other clubs know we have stacks of cash so would try and shaft us on transfer fees. 

Don't understand the big secret. 

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Spot on ,,, dc saved the club , he hasn’t got mega bucks to throw at the club and even if he had we know where that leads , there’s quite a few clubs just now that have owners who have the bucks to throw into clubs but if it doesn’t come off ffp rules are broken and your in the poo with an even greater mountain to climb , there is no money making model in football,even in the prem it’s poo or bust for the majority 

Clowes and Warne had Sunday lunch together a few weeks ago and they must have spoken about the Budget. Warne is Expecting 2 players .

28 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Think Fraser is slightly more ready for men’s football but I do wish Dajuane had been given more of a chance.

I have no idea about him has he played first team football?

7 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Unfortunately I don't have any confidence that we can compete with any of our direct rivals at the moment, when it comes to attracting players. 

I’m not sure either, There will most likely be more clubs sniffing too, but that’s what I heard, however we already have a few players who live in that neck of the woods, so might be a helping factor. (clutching at straws here!!) Also the fact we have 1 fit striker with 2 out long-term might help as we could promise more game time?