Derby County vs Stevenage (A) Match Thread

Idiakez

4 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Warne's analysis... "we weren't physical enough".

How do you manage this group?

"To be honest I've never had to manage a team whose fans are giving it to them".

I.e. I haven't a clue.

"I'm really disappointed in the players."

Were not 'giving it' to the players. Were giving it to him. He is the problem. A better manager would get better performances out of this group.

Having heard Warne’s post match interview, I am convinced he’s the man for the job. He clearly knows what the problem is, his signings have on the whole been outstanding and there is a clear game plan that is evident on the pitch. He’s a real leader and has the backing of the players and a tactical understanding second to none in this league. He’s not responsible for our flaws. I think we can all agree he’s aware of what’s missing and would have addressed it if he had had a couple of transfer windows different to the ones he did have. Let’s get behind him - he’s the man and he wears hats! 

Warne just said he has never been criticised by his own fans before 🙄then followed it up by saying he doesn’t know how to make us more aggressive in games 🤭 we are ducked aren’t we ?

Also mr Warne we the supporters do have a divine right to see progressive football being played by us because that is what the vast majority of supporters want to see

He also clearly wants more players who want to fight rather than try to play football 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m getting nearer and nearer to the firm “Warne out” camp but I really don’t understand this talk of doing the decent thing and resigning. Football managers just don’t do that (not as far as I can remember anyway). Why would he throw away a three year contract, or compensation if he was sacked, when he probably thinks we’re not out of it yet (he probably has more confidence in his ability to achieve what is increasingly looking like the impossible than the rest of us) and he can turn it around? 

I get that he wouldn’t want a sacking on his CV (although it seems far less damaging in the world of football management that it would be for the rest of us) but is throwing in the towel any better for him?

I also understand the pressure he must be under but I would strongly suspect he can cope (at the moment) with the emotional pressure. Like I said, it must be incredibly rare for a manager to simply walk away unless they have another job to walk into.

I don’t think it’s much to do with decency but more a case of common sense. “I think I can still do it but if you think I’m not good enough then sack me”

I’d love it if Warne could make a success of it (I find most of his interviews pretty cringe worthy but I wouldn’t consider him an unlikeable person) but my confidence levels can’t get much lower. Tuesday now almost becomes another “must win” game.

Cocu didn’t get as much leeway as what Warne is getting and he was a proper player and international on a different level to Warne ….also didn’t go after compensation as far as I’m aware …a decent bloke ….Warne should walk we gave him his big chance and he has not risen to it 

Soft underbelly means we have a bunch of players whose heart isn’t in it, just want a final pay day for bang average couldn’t care less performances. Warne has to take responsibility for that. If it hurts show it. Forget the dog walk and pub lunch tomorrow, get them in for bleep tests and some gym work at 8am. Start shaking them up and make them accountable. Fed up seeing lots of smiley chummy faces on social media during training. I want to seem them sweating, in pain, running hard with not a cone or piece of elastic gimmicks in sight.

it’s all on you Warne. Just all too cosy and comfortable at the moment. Warne’s ambition is purely personal and financial. He wants dog walks, pub lunches, an easy life, laugh with the lads during training, no acrimony, jog with his son, more bobble hats, ego stroking etc. clowes was daft enough to give him a 4 year contract. Great business man that.