Sibley too good!

Brammie Steve

13 minutes ago, valakari said:

While Warne is here, good technical footballers will be offsky..eg, Knight & Bird.

Hourihane has already said he is off, and i wouldn't be surprised if Sibley and Thompson don't leave too.

Warne likes speedsters, athletes & hard men...technical players just get by passed on the whole.

Shame, but this is why we play awful football and worry more about the opposition.

That said, if he gets us up, fair play, but i won't watch his style of football in the championship...because it won't work!

Missing you already 🙋‍♂️

15 minutes ago, valakari said:

While Warne is here, good technical footballers will be offsky..eg, Knight & Bird.

Hourihane has already said he is off, and i wouldn't be surprised if Sibley and Thompson don't leave too.

Warne likes speedsters, athletes & hard men...technical players just get by passed on the whole.

Shame, but this is why we play awful football and worry more about the opposition.

That said, if he gets us up, fair play, but i won't watch his style of football in the championship...because it won't work!

Are you seriously saying that if we get promoted and Warne is still manager, then you will no longer watch? You won't even give it 10 minutes to see if it's working?

A goal that was a huge moment in the race for promotion. The movement and anticipation for the goal, then the execution, are the highest level. Absolutely magnificent.

Yet it's likely Sibley won't start next week, or if he does he'll probably be first to be hooked around half-time if we're not winning, or will simply be shunted to left back. I hope I'm wrong. I would *love* Warne to prove me wrong. 

I'm not sure there'd be big offers to Sibley f he was out of contract, on the basis that he's been around the first team for  few years now but has never forced himself into a regular starting position either in the championship or in League 1.

His talent is obvious and it's not out of the question that he's just a little blooming into an indespensible part of the team, but I doubt other teams would be willing to take a big punt on him, a punt on him if he's a free agent and not on big wages (all reletive) but I'm pretty sure we stand a good chance of keeping him.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A goal that was a huge moment in the race for promotion. The movement and anticipation for the goal, then the execution, are the highest level. Absolutely magnificent.

Yet it's likely Sibley won't start next week, or if he does he'll probably be first to be hooked around half-time if we're not winning, or will simply be shunted to left back. I hope I'm wrong. I would *love* Warne to prove me wrong. 

Hopefully that goal has given Warne food for thought. Warne acknowledged that his attacking set up didn't work after the game so maybe we see him more involved. I'd like to see him playing on the top of a diamond behind NML and Barks and encourage his ability to shoot.

16 minutes ago, eddielewis said:

Hopefully that goal has given Warne food for thought. Warne acknowledged that his attacking set up didn't work after the game so maybe we see him more involved. I'd like to see him playing on the top of a diamond behind NML and Barks and encourage his ability to shoot.

Warne said the Smith change improved matters for 10 to 15 minutes but late the goal came out of the blue 

2 hours ago, Stockport Ram said:

He is the only current player who would have, instinctively or otherwise, even contemplated a first time shot from that fizzed cross. 

Hourihane might.

1 hour ago, valakari said:

Where and when did Hourihane say he is going? I’m expecting that he will, just hadn’t seen or heard a quote from him saying as much. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

I think until my dying day, I will be saying that Louie Sibley has the potential to be a top top attacking midfielder. I think that’s largely due to the Millwall game and watching him boss it at U18 level

No amount of anonymous performances in the EFL will change my opinion 

2 hours ago, valakari said:

Really?

Lack of pace really has done for us in the championship in the past

lack of hard workers tracking back and defending Too

11 hours ago, sage said:

It's tricky because I don't think they want to pay him the high wage he is on now, particularly if we don't get promoted.

However I think if we don't offer the same terms, he can leave on a free. I think that's how it works.

I do kind of want to see him move on and reach his potential. The best player from that generation coming through, significantly so, yet hasn’t been afforded what the others have. 

I’d love to see him thrive somewhere and just don’t think it’s here - at least it has proven not to be the case up to now. We have seen how Archie Brown and Morgan Whittaker have thrived away from the club, Sibley deserves that opportunity. 

7 hours ago, Crewton said:

September 2020. I question whether even mad-Mel would have given a just-turned 19 year-old, however promising and noting the reported interest of other clubs, a £10k/week contract, though Salary Sporty does have him down for £8k/week so even if it was that, I can see why they might not be able to match it.

Worth noting that we have on record Bogle earning £9.5k at 18/19, so wouldn’t be surprised to see Sibley on excess of £10k a week. 

5 hours ago, valakari said:

If you don't do the flounce, if you don't do the flounce you're not valakari...

Sibbo for me is a player that needs to know his manager trusts him, plays to his strengths and given trust.

Hes shown his versatility, definitely improved his tackling and honed his aggression.

To get the best of him I feel he should be played behind the main striker. He’ll get you goal, he’ll create chances, can beat a man and will try and win the ball back high up the field. 

There is certainly a player there. If he bulked up im sure he'd improve. Hes a brilliant finisher and loves the club. No idea whats his best position is. Under Warnes management his best games have been at LM or a more attacking LWB role. Hes wasted as a winger. Id like to see him play as a second striker with Mendez laing next game if we're starting 2 up top again without any actual strikers on the field. Im sure with a run of games he'll improve but he never get its because as soon as he has a stinker thats it , you dont see him again for abit till he comes on and scores again. 🤣 No doubt stat man will be here shortly to answer my best position query.  

3 hours ago, 8Leeds said:

Sibbo for me is a player that needs to know his manager trusts him, plays to his strengths and given trust.

Hes shown his versatility, definitely improved his tackling and honed his aggression.

To get the best of him I feel he should be played behind the main striker. He’ll get you goal, he’ll create chances, can beat a man and will try and win the ball back high up the field. 

I buggered up my post. What I meant to say is given time and not just dropped or subbed. Too often he’s been played out of position (ok, it’s often been by necessity), he’s been dragged of fairly often when he has started in a more advanced or just given brief sub appearances.

Give him time and a bit of faith and I’m sure Sibbs will repay it.

11 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

I buggered up my post. What I meant to say is given time and not just dropped or subbed. Too often he’s been played out of position (ok, it’s often been by necessity), he’s been dragged of fairly often when he has started in a more advanced or just given brief sub appearances.

Give him time and a bit of faith and I’m sure Sibbs will repay it.

Trust, time - it's the same thing, really?