Sibley too good!

Brammie Steve

9 hours ago, enachops said:

There’s not a chance a Prem team will be looking at Sibley. I like Sibley but he has to do better. Should’ve scored yesterday with a very good chance and didn’t impress hugely. I hope he keeps his place, but not sure where he fits into our current system. 

In the number 10 tole. The one that Warne keeps giving to Waghorn, who isn't a number 10. But he needs a few games in that position continuously, rather than  a few bits here or there, but virtually never at number 10. So when he does get there, he struggles to get up to speed.

10 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

In the number 10 tole. The one that Warne keeps giving to Waghorn, who isn't a number 10. But he needs a few games in that position continuously, rather than  a few bits here or there, but virtually never at number 10. So when he does get there, he struggles to get up to speed.

Agreed - he's one of those that needs games. It feels to me that every time he's been played regularly, he's done well then had injuries which then broke the cycle. Difficult to accommodate that especially bearing in mind he doesn't really fit into PW's style of football.

On 23/10/2023 at 08:40, Raich Carter said:

Agreed - he's one of those that needs games. It feels to me that every time he's been played regularly, he's done well then had injuries which then broke the cycle. Difficult to accommodate that especially bearing in mind he doesn't really fit into PW's style of football.

Not really been played regularly except at fullback.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Consecutive league starts in central midfield (CM or AM according to Transfermarkt) since his league debut:

19/20: 3 games (3 goals and 1 assist)
19/20: 3 games (1 assist)
22/23: 2 games
22/23: 2 games
22/23: 2 games (2 goals)
22/23: 4 games

Edited by RoyMac5

Louis divides opinion doesn’t he?

I think the reason for that is he clearly has bags of talent, but there are important elements of his game he’s particularly weak in, his first touch/close control and lack of pace  being possibly the most important.

I think there’s plenty of room for him to fix some of those issues, but he needs a manager who believes in him and is prepared to give him time/a run of games to develop. He’s certainly not had that since Cocu was manager. 

The only way I currently see us getting the most out of him is playing him at number 10 with Waghorn or TJJ up front, there’s no point pairing him with Collins. 

I’d like him to stay with us and develop, but it may be the best option for his own career is to move to another league one, or even league two club and build from there. 

Edited by Ramarena

3 hours ago, davenportram said:

The original poster appears to have spelt “bad” wrong and accidentally pit the word good

Sibley just runs with the ball until tackled. He can’t or won’t look up while the ball is at his feet, and as a result he neither shoots nor passes

Headless chicken.

9 hours ago, davenportram said:

The original poster appears to have spelt “bad” wrong and accidentally pit the word good

Sibley just runs with the ball until tackled. He can’t or won’t look up while the ball is at his feet, and as a result he neither shoots nor passes

Except for the lovely pass out wide to Barks (not the only pass to him from Sibs), which resulted in our disallowed goal?

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Except for the lovely pass out wide to Barks (not the only pass to him from Sibs), which resulted in our disallowed goal?

I agree. He did make one good pass.

He was a little better second half when the game opened up and there is more space.

Sub not starter.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

I agree. He did make one good pass.

He was a little better second half when the game opened up and there is more space.

Sub not starter.

How can he learn a position - this must be his fourth? - if he never gets a good run? It isn't like he cost us a goal or gave away a penalty or got sent off, something other young players have done.

Can't just have a quiet few games being part of a team can he? Probably because we're going for promotion and the pressure is on everyone to perform at the very least at a 6-7 every game, so a run of 5s with an occasional 8 isn't accepted.

Every time he steps onto the pitch it's all eyes on Louie, I can't say I've known many players who's every touch is analysed to such a degree.

He really needs to find a move to a mid table team somewhere who are happy to be plodding along a bit. Perhaps someone in Scotland would be a good fit?

10 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Can't just have a quiet few games being part of a team can he? Probably because we're going for promotion and the pressure is on everyone to perform at the very least at a 6-7 every game, so a run of 5s with an occasional 8 isn't accepted.

Every time he steps onto the pitch it's all eyes on Louie, I can't say I've known many players who's every touch is analysed to such a degree.

He really needs to find a move to a mid table team somewhere who are happy to be plodding along a bit. Perhaps someone in Scotland would be a good fit?

Hes hardly had any games that aren’t quiet.

it’s a derby tradition - jump on one or two good performances, hype up the player to be better than he is. A la Luke Plange - another awesome player who’s found his level at league one.

10 hours ago, davenportram said:

Which is why he had 2 shots and 25 passes (only 1 less than Forsyth). He didn't have a bad game, but he was quiet. At the weekend, a lot of our best attacks came through him. He's inconsistent, which he can only improve on if given a consistent run in the side.