Worst penalty decision ever??

Chester40

5 hours ago, IslandExile said:

I don't like the widespread, incessant criticism of the officials. After all, without them, there couldn't be a game.

However, that referee needs to explain exactly what he saw there, and it had better be good, if he is to ever officiate again.

So what explanation would make you feel better about it ... perhaps only a direct unambiguous "I messed up" would do. But the point is that these mistakes happen with such great regularity. 

1 hour ago, DRBee said:

So what explanation would make you feel better about it ... perhaps only a direct unambiguous "I messed up" would do. But the point is that these mistakes happen with such great regularity. 

"I was only following orders. We are given briefings by the FA, EFL and Masonic Chapter of Referees Organisation on who we're supposed to be doing over each match. Well, we're not at the meetings, we just get the message left in a dead letter drop but I did hear you have to do something very specific and a bit weird to get in.

There are a few in the game who know, but the silence is total. All I know is it goes from the very top all the way down into the non-league.

It's been going on for years. No one dares speak out. We're in fear of what they'll do to us. But if you keep your mouth shut, give the decisions as and when you can, the kick backs can be sweet. I've said too much. I'll probably have to chage my identity or go a fight in Ukraine....."

might just about cover it.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

This is a perfect example of when I’d like to see retrospective punishment for blatant diving. 

As it happened, it didn’t impact the game and despite how woeful the referee was we can blame him for the result but, this sort of thing really needs to be stamped out.

Meh

I genuinely don’t mind it

Is what it is

8 hours ago, cannable said:

Meh

I genuinely don’t mind it

Is what it is

Seriously? Or is that because they missed the penalty? Would you really not have minded if they’d scored?

For me, blatant cheating (I know Derby players have resorted to this dark art as well but that doesn’t make it right) is the worse thing about modern football. Going down after the slightest of touches is bad enough but when there isn’t even any contact is disgusting.

8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

"I was only following orders. We are given briefings by the FA, EFL and Masonic Chapter of Referees Organisation on who we're supposed to be doing over each match. Well, we're not at the meetings, we just get the message left in a dead letter drop but I did hear you have to do something very specific and a bit weird to get in.

There are a few in the game who know, but the silence is total. All I know is it goes from the very top all the way down into the non-league.

It's been going on for years. No one dares speak out. We're in fear of what they'll do to us. But if you keep your mouth shut, give the decisions as and when you can, the kick backs can be sweet. I've said too much. I'll probably have to chage my identity or go a fight in Ukraine....."

might just about cover it.

Become a whistleblower, yer mean?