Worst penalty decision ever??

Chester40

46 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

The ref yesterday was awful all game but that decision beggared belief

I usually desperately resist the urge to criticise referees - it’s a difficult job and we, of course, only see incident through the DCFC lens but I’ll make an exception in this case. The referee did look poor.

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Penalty? Absolutely not. But looks from this angle like there may have been the teeniest amount of contact to put their player (ever so slightly) off balance... or rather just enough contact to make their player be able to claim, as they do, "I felt a touch" in a vain attempt to excuse their play acting.

Screenshot_2023-10-22-12-38-49-230_com.incrowdsports.football.derby-edit.thumb.jpg.599ac9b85364b7e194a52cfa0d076d34.jpg

Screenshot_2023-10-22-12-40-03-526_com.incrowdsports.football.derby-edit.thumb.jpg.c79e01bbbe362a4f8d13671382fea4c5.jpg

Absolutely no way is there anywhere near enough contact to cause the guy to go down like he'd been snipered. It was as clear a yellow card for simulation as has ever been seen. The DCFC site said that the penalty was given for a pull by Nelson on the striker. Again, especially if you watch the video, the movement of the players makes a pull absolutely impossible. And even if there was a foul, look how far it was outside the area. Then compare that with the trip on Fozzy as he ran into their area in the first half for the other penalty decision that went against us. Isn't that the 15th controversial penalty decision against us this season? And we are only 2 and a bit months in! 

But apart from that, the ref was crap.