Derby v Shrewsbury (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

That was really poor. It’s getting really difficult to see any signs of progress. Would argue we’re starting to regress now, feels a long way from even a top six place at this point.

Have we ever scored from a long throw? Genuinely can’t remember doing so.

Not sure what our plan is, we just keep getting the ball in the box but to no one in particular. We’re woefully short up front. 

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Cashin pounding the turf in frustration at the end. Some colourful language from the travelling faithful picked up on ramstv as well.

Poor today. Didn’t play well, again wasteful with the good chances we did create (and credit to their keeper too). Lots of effort but very little quality today 😞 
Only other comment I have on the game is that I like the look of their number 6, big and athletic as well as comfortable on the ball. Only sample size I have is this game so he might be rubbish but thought he looked good.

Don't you think Collins makes most centre halves look good? 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

Difficult to gauge how good/bad we were from listening to Radio Derby - those of you watching on RamsTV calling it out as bad.

Our captain arguing with Derby County fans after the final whistle says it all, really. 

Perhaps a silver lining after a bad week that I stayed at home. 

It's heartbreaking to hear the fans so frustrated, seemingly most weeks now.

But they're absolutely right to let the team know how they feel. It costs so much money to travel like they do, and watch the games week in week out. You can't just take our excellent support for granted.

2 minutes ago, LincsRam said:

Only Bird comes out of this game with credit, some ok performances at times but nothing exceptional from anyone else.

I'd say put this behind us BUt I always say this.

Wildsmith, Forsyth, Nelson, Bird and Sibley were our top 5 IMO. Need to be a lot better than that if we want promotion. 

At the very least, I can't help but feel we need a new coach to the team to add fresh ideas and a different perspective to make those improvements. If I was Warne, I'd be on the blower to get Gary Bowyer in ASAP.

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Really? Every touch he had was heavy. No one played particularly well. Only Wildsmith worthy of a first team shirt at the moment. 

Agreed. I'm a fan of Bird and he was one of the least bad players, but he wasn't great today.