Will Clowes patience soon run out?

old tray boy

19 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Needs to do the decent thing and resign, before the myth about him being a promotion expert is exposed for what it is and his reputation tanks. 

There's no shame in admitting that something isn't working out, calling it a bad fit, whatever you want to say to soften the exit without losing face. 

If he leaves now he'll walk into a other mid-table League One club with ease, one better suited to his mentality and way of working, somewhere he may well even be an immediate success. It may even be at our immediate expense.

Long term though, carry on the way things are and his stubbornness will take us us all down with him.

That's like saying you need to do the decent thing and not keep posting tripe on here.

Not going to happen.

6 minutes ago, r_wilcockson said:

Clowes can't afford to pay off Warne and his team, and pay compo for another management team as well, so I'm interested to know who is currently available and a realistic option? 

Eustace, Beale, Rowett, ..nah go and get Mac back...we would play good attacking football..also go and get Chris Martin back up front....just as short term measures..certainly may get the feel good factor back!

1 hour ago, Ramifications said:

Surely there must be clauses in his contract, depending on how well we are doing, or not doing? 

You really believe that? I’d be stunned if there is and he’d signed it.

I’m not quite ready to press it but my finger is hovering over the “Warne out” vote button. 

Edited by Tamworthram

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

You really believe that? I’d be stunned if there is and he’d signed it.

I’m not quite ready to press it but my finger is hovering over the “Warne out” vote button. 

What do you think will change? Even in the second half with better footballers on the pitch we looked chaotic. How do you think it will get consistently better?

10 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

It's not worked out, but at the time it did look like a shrewd bit of business. On paper it was a fantastic appointment, so I certainly don't blame Clowes for it.

Unfortunately beyond the headlines it didn’t look like a good appointment. I remember George Elek on NTT20 podcast having huge doubts about it when it was announced. 

22 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's like saying you need to do the decent thing and not keep posting tripe on here.

Not going to happen.

Just because you don't like or agree with what I'm posting doesn't make it tripe.

It doesn't seem like a few days of self-enforced absence has actually caused you to reflect on your attitude toward other posters at all.

Just another example of the biggest WUM on the forum treating others with contempt for no real reason.

The fact away supporters were hurling abuse at the manager is the beginning of the end unfortunately. Have you ever seen supporters turn on a manager and the team all of sudden picks up? 

Either DC takes his medicine and pays him off now or the atmosphere at home will be toxic.

Will Clowes patience soon run out?………….pinched from elsewhere.

EFL & Sky Sports broadcast rights agreement

EFL clubs have agreed a record domestic rights deal with broadcaster Sky Sports worth £935m over a five-year period, starting in 2024/25

The new deal represents a 50% increase on the current rights value and will see significantly enhanced exposure for all EFL Clubs with an uplift in coverage across all divisions

The current domestic broadcast deal is effectively a share of Championship 70%, League One 18% and League Two 12%.

The uplifted element of the domestic broadcast deal is likely to be fed into the distribution calculation and be split between divisions on an 80% / 12% / 8% ratio.

Weighting is given to Championship clubs as primary drivers of rights values, with clubs agreeing the distribution formulas up to certain levels

According to the existing distribution formula, clubs in the Championship will be approximately 46% better off and 25% in League One and League Two respectively

From 24/25 it’s either a tv deal worth between £1/1.25 million in League 1 or a deal in the Championship worth around £8.7 million plus increased revenues, crowds and corporate opportunities, therefore the financial implications of not getting promoted this season are going to be huge!

There’s some big decisions for Clowes the businessman over the next few months.

I’m no businessman …………….but I certainly know which league I’d rather be in!

I don’t know how I feel about Warne staying/going but the football is absolutely dire and has been for ages. The players look miserable and the majority of the fans seem to come away either angry, dejected or let down. 

Starting to think that this just isn’t working and isn’t going to and that there’s not much point giving it any more time.

20 minutes ago, SSD said:

The fact away supporters were hurling abuse at the manager is the beginning of the end unfortunately. Have you ever seen supporters turn on a manager and the team all of sudden picks up? 

Either DC takes his medicine and pays him off now or the atmosphere at home will be toxic.

This is partly my thinking. I’ve been patient and looked to be balanced in my views on Warne although I tend to be more on the optimistic side. However I can only see a miraculous turnaround of both performances and results winning some back over, and even then it’ll be on very limited terms, one or two signs of things slipping back to how they currently are would see people turn again quite quickly. Do I think that miraculous turnaround will happen? No, not on current evidence… meaning it’s probably turning into a matter of when not if. 

49 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

It's not worked out, but at the time it did look like a shrewd bit of business. On paper it was a fantastic appointment, so I certainly don't blame Clowes for it.

The thing is, it only looked good on paper if your analysis extended as far as “Paul Warne wins football matches” and then stopped. As soon as you start to look at how he was winning them, why he was winning them etc, it starts to become less and less likely that he’d be able to replicate it here. Did we have the right kind of squad? No. Did the financial restrictions make it likely we could get the right squad? No. Was his style going to work as well when we’re the massive favourite in most games? Probably not.  Were the fans going to be happy with his style of football? Probably not.  Was he going to get the time to transition the squad to what he wanted? No.

To me, it looked an obviously wrong-headed appointment at the time, and it still looks like that to me.

16 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Will Clowes patience soon run out?………….pinched from elsewhere.

EFL & Sky Sports broadcast rights agreement

EFL clubs have agreed a record domestic rights deal with broadcaster Sky Sports worth £935m over a five-year period, starting in 2024/25

The new deal represents a 50% increase on the current rights value and will see significantly enhanced exposure for all EFL Clubs with an uplift in coverage across all divisions

The current domestic broadcast deal is effectively a share of Championship 70%, League One 18% and League Two 12%.

The uplifted element of the domestic broadcast deal is likely to be fed into the distribution calculation and be split between divisions on an 80% / 12% / 8% ratio.

Weighting is given to Championship clubs as primary drivers of rights values, with clubs agreeing the distribution formulas up to certain levels

According to the existing distribution formula, clubs in the Championship will be approximately 46% better off and 25% in League One and League Two respectively

From 24/25 it’s either a tv deal worth between £1/1.25 million in League 1 or a deal in the Championship worth around £8.7 million plus increased revenues, crowds and corporate opportunities, therefore the financial implications of not getting promoted this season are going to be huge!

There’s some big decisions for Clowes the businessman over the next few months.

I’m no businessman …………….but I certainly know which league I’d rather be in!

Ah yes, interesting point re the new broadcast rights. Will we run the risk of being a big club with big overheads and limited financial resources?

Will Clowes recognise the risks and make a difficult decision sooner rather than later, that admits a failed scenario with Warne. 

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The thing is, it only looked good on paper if your analysis extended as far as “Paul Warne wins football matches” and then stopped. As soon as you start to look at how he was winning them, why he was winning them etc, it starts to become less and less likely that he’d be able to replicate it here. Did we have the right kind of squad? No. Did the financial restrictions make it likely we could get the right squad? No. Was his style going to work as well when we’re the massive favourite in most games? Probably not.  Were the fans going to be happy with his style of football? Probably not.  Was he going to get the time to transition the squad to what he wanted? No.

To me, it looked an obviously wrong-headed appointment at the time, and it still looks like that to me.

This is what worries me the most. Lots of fans might have only seen the surface, but surely Clowes and Pearce saw deeper than us?