Will Clowes patience soon run out?

old tray boy

On 09/10/2023 at 14:01, MadAmster said:

Can we afford to sack the staff and pay off the remaining 3 years on their contracts?

No, and for that reason Warne will inevitably get more time. Whether that results in any level of success, only time will tell. 

On 09/10/2023 at 07:21, jimtastic56 said:

David Clowes is a rookie club owner but a lifelong football fan . He can see he may not get such an easy opening as this to win League 1 . Next season Shef We’d , QPR, Rotherham , Notts C and Mansfield could be in it , and no teams with deductions. He has to way everything up.

way?  weigh to go!

• 2 weeks later...

everybody wants success but not everyone gets what they want . i think if some of the so called supporters who keep starting posts calling for the manager to be sacked came out from behind keyboards and actually thought things through they would have a second to realise how stupid they make themselves look. especially after 11 games and the injuries and other factors. stop and remember where we were two years ago or have you forgotten as it sounds.

9 minutes ago, islandram said:

everybody wants success but not everyone gets what they want . i think if some of the so called supporters who keep starting posts calling for the manager to be sacked came out from behind keyboards and actually thought things through they would have a second to realise how stupid they make themselves look. especially after 11 games and the injuries and other factors. stop and remember where we were two years ago or have you forgotten as it sounds.

So everyone who disagrees with you is stupid. Lovely 

57 minutes ago, islandram said:

Hilarious! Paul Warne, is that you?

24 minutes ago, islandram said:

typical non thinking reply i believe.

Injuries? All club has them, not just us. Also, maybe signing injury prone players isn't the best way forward? Surely you can't be shocked when injury prone players paired with Warne's vigorous training methods causes injuries?

What are the other factors?

We allowed Cheltenham to score their first goal and get their second point of the season. Our underlying stats are bang average which means we're likely to stay where we are.

1 hour ago, islandram said:

Whilst I disagree with them (for the moment), I wouldn't necessarily describe everyone calling for Warne to go "stupid".

Plenty of time for things to change for the better. However I don’t see that we have enough goals in the squad this season and that is unlikely to change mid-season. Not clear why we couldn’t do more over summer. None of us really know whether it was a funding issue or players just not wanting to come to Derby. The failed Cashin transfer potentially cost us the striker we needed.