Derby v Notts County (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

5 minutes ago, sage said:

A win is a win. Some points some bad. Apart from breeding confidence, the weak opposition makes it difficult to take too much from this, positive or negative.  

Top of League 2. Not sure who they had playing tonight , not bothered, still think it’s worth remembering there are weaker teams in League 2. We’re all pleased with a W 👍

2 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Top of League 2. Not sure who they had playing tonight , not bothered, still think it’s worth remembering there are weaker teams in League 2. We’re all pleased with a W 👍

Still annoying though how a team in league 2 plays better football and how we had to rely on counter attacking a league 2 team. Just one annoying aspect of the way we have gone but a win is a win  plus they had a vastly changed squad from the league 

Edited by Barney1991

Just now, SKRam said:

So you are making a point, admitting you don't know what you are talking about, then explain that you don't care that you have no grasp of the facts. 

They made 8 changes from their first choice XI as they have an important game on Saturday and we have a free Saturday. 

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think that Sibley is probably the most natural goal scorer that we have in the squad, we need to give him more minutes in the league moving forward, particularly in home games. 

You may well be right, but boy o boy, it's time he grew-up.

41 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

I agree, with his talent Sibley should start every match. Unfortunately, every time he earns the right to start he bottles it through lack of effort and work rate. People moan about Collins but at least he gives it everything, even if the end product isn’t there. Why oh why doesnt Sibley always put in the same effort he has tonight. Possibly not quite bright enough to understand.

Collins appears to have far less an intellect than Sibley and I don’t think it’s  Effort Sibley lacks. 

I see in him the exact player that we need to support the forward players therefore I interpret his actions very differently from you. 

No one questioned his effort when he played left back/lwb so abely last season 

I believe when we play football he plays well in the 10 role and when we don’t and play this scrappy rush it up front aimlessly then he doesn’t. 

I loved Collins at Luton and was excited when he came here. His non stop fouling and his tendency to not be in the box when we sometimes need him there are far more infuriating to me from a seasoned pro rather than someone who hasn’t played so regularly and is towards the earlier part of their career. 
His ball to Barks tonight when they were through was poor. 

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

Could see Clowes getting quite angry with Warne for his non existent youth policy. What's the point in Clowes spending millions a year on a Category A academy if Warne is going to give them 2 minutes in the Papa Johns Trophy? Frustrates me to no end.

But other fans wanted a strong team and a guaranteed win 

9 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Could see Clowes getting quite angry with Warne for his non existent youth policy. What's the point in Clowes spending millions a year on a Category A academy if Warne is going to give them 2 minutes in the Papa Johns Trophy? Frustrates me to no end.

You appear to be projecting your frustration onto the club’s owner there.

Based on the interviews I’ve seen with him, Clowes doesn’t strike me as a man quick to anger. There’s a rationale behind not throwing the young players on once they’d pulled a goal back tonight which Warne and Clowes can no doubt discuss. And at the fans forum the other month Pearce and Warne when asked about the academy did discuss with a reasonable amount of focus that there was a plan to rebuild it, that it may take time, and that as part of the multitude of meetings internally that the “football executive” have there are regular discussions between Buxton and Warne. 
I admire those of you who are so passionate about the academy, and recognise Warne could potentially be utilising some of the youth more than he is, but we do have Cashin (an academy graduate) as a key part of our defence ahead of Bradley, Max Bird seemingly being one of the first names on the team sheet, Sibley in and around the squad constantly, young players joining in in training with the first team etc. It’s just my opinion but I don’t feel it’s as bleak a situation in the immediate that some portray it to be, and it’ll only become more of an issue if we don’t see more of the integration later this season and beyond. 

22 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Still annoying though how a team in league 2 plays better football and how we had to rely on counter attacking a league 2 team. Just one annoying aspect of the way we have gone but a win is a win  plus they had a vastly changed squad from the league 

First half we played County off the park unless you were watching a different game to me.

Second half we regressed substantially which was worrying

18 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

How does this competition work? When do we get to knock out ties and is it just L1 and 2 clubs in it?

Lazy git. Just Google it. 😀

16 groups of 4 teams made up of league 1, league 2 and 16 invited cat 1 academy teams. 

Top two from each group go through to the knockout rounds. So, we’re through to the last 32 and the first knock out stage.

20 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

I can see Clowes apoplectic with rage after the win tonight