11 Points

Day

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've just Googled "Who is currently the laughing stock of English Football?"

I then clicked on the "In the last year" option thing.

Obviously, some headlines are going off at a tangent.
Spurs and Chelsea get mentions.  As do Sheff Weds and/or Chansiri.
The Premier League itself is listed... thanks to the refereeing/VAR hoohah!

The only mention of Derby County I could spot offered a link to page 13 of this very forum thread.

I'm getting a suspicion that maybe we aren't actually the laughing stock of football?*

*It was a very brief Google search though, to be fair, and only glanced down page one of the search results, so I'm happy to be proven wrong.  

Fans fight over last pie, google search always raises a laugh, or Forest v Yeovil.

8 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

I didn't lose anything.

You are simply refusing to accept that Derby are the laughing stock of English football. We are. Stop denying it.

I live and breathe DCFC, but I accept it.

If them down the road had suffered it, we wouldn't let it lie.

Laughing stock of English football.     Benny Hill What GIF  Apart from those lame brains down the road I’m sure the rest don’t give it a second thought

24 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Laughing stock of English football.     Benny Hill What GIF  Apart from those lame brains down the road I’m sure the rest don’t give it a second thought

I wish that were the case mate. Until it gets beaten, which I cannot see ever happening, we will always be known as the worst club in Premiership history and to all intensive purpose, football barely exists outside of the Premier League.

It's something that clearly bothers forum posters, as a new thread pops up every season and will likely continue so until it is beaten.

10 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

I didn't lose anything.

You are simply refusing to accept that Derby are the laughing stock of English football. We are. Stop denying it.

I live and breathe DCFC, but I accept it.

If them down the road had suffered it, we wouldn't let it lie.

You lost your argument mate.  Well and truly.  Your a Forest fan who comes on here with a few facts.  Your much vaunted Garibaldi lost to us that year and finished 27 places below us.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You lost your argument mate.  Well and truly.  Your a Forest fan who comes on here with a few facts.  Your much vaunted Garibaldi lost to us that year and finished 27 places below us.

I most certainly didn't lose any argument. I merely deal in facts. Any team that has only managed to amass 11 points in a single season is quite rightly going to be the ridicule of other fans for as long as they hold the record. Denying that makes you open to ridicule.

If the boot was on the other foot, Forest fans would not hear the last of it.

Continue to live in your Derby bubble mate with your rose tinted spectacles on. I'll support DCFC for as long as I live and will continue to go to as many games as I can, but I will be vocal in the disappointing way the club has been ran for the last 20 years with good reason. If that makes me a Forest fan in your mind, then so be it. I won't lose any sleep over it.

1 hour ago, CongletonRam said:

I most certainly didn't lose any argument. I merely deal in facts. Any team that has only managed to amass 11 points in a single season is quite rightly going to be the ridicule of other fans for as long as they hold the record. Denying that makes you open to ridicule.

If the boot was on the other foot, Forest fans would not hear the last of it.

Continue to live in your Derby bubble mate with your rose tinted spectacles on. I'll support DCFC for as long as I live and will continue to go to as many games as I can, but I will be vocal in the disappointing way the club has been ran for the last 20 years with good reason. If that makes me a Forest fan in your mind, then so be it. I won't lose any sleep over it.

You lost your argument mate in spades.  I'll lend you my glasses if you think otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You lost your argument mate in spades.  I'll lend you my glasses if you think otherwise.

What argument are you referring to?

Last thing I want to do is to debate a ridiculous point to someone I neither know or care to know; so if you insist that I lost some argument then be my guest and I'll bow down to your ego as it probably makes you feel better.

Neither of us can prove anything either way; so let's leave it there but no doubt you will want the last word if any of your previous posts are anything to go by.

30 minutes ago, CongletonRam said:

What argument are you referring to?

Last thing I want to do is to debate a ridiculous point to someone I neither know or care to know; so if you insist that I lost some argument then be my guest and I'll bow down to your ego as it probably makes you feel better.

Neither of us can prove anything either way; so let's leave it there but no doubt you will want the last word if any of your previous posts are anything to go by.

That cuts mate.  I don't know if an ego as huge as mine can take it.  I'll manage it though I'm sure. 

13 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He lost his argument when he wrote ‘to all intensive purposes’ 

who’s a laughing stock? 

15 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

I wish that were the case mate. Until it gets beaten, which I cannot see ever happening, we will always be known as the worst club in Premiership history and to all intensive purpose, football barely exists outside of the Premier League.

It's something that clearly bothers forum posters, as a new thread pops up every season and will likely continue so until it is beaten.

It’s not that it bothers us. It’ll be a traditional thread now forever because it’s always interesting to speculate and gives us a little bit of skin in the game in the teams around the bottom of the league. 

Like having a matchday thread or live football thread. What is a forum if not a place to speculate and discuss. What are the chances it might get broken this year, etc. 

otherwise, why would I care who’s in the relegation battle in the premier league?

I watch a lot of TV games and recently there has been the usual load of stats endlessly trotted out.

Lowest goals at start of a season

Longest run without a win 

Most away games without a win

etc etc etc.

Only once did I hear Derby mentioned in any context and that was the fact we'd done the double over Newcastle that year. And no mention of 11 points.

Just now, FindernRam said:

I watch a lot of TV games and recently there has been the usual load of stats endlessly trotted out.

Lowest goals at start of a season

Longest run without a win 

Most away games without a win

etc etc etc.

Only once did I hear Derby mentioned in any context and that was the fact we'd done the double over Newcastle that year. And no mention of 11 points.

Double? We were unbeaten to them, but didn’t do the double. That would’ve been nice. We’d’ve had 13pts then. 

If you happen to be unfortunate enough within 50 miles of Nottingham, you might, I suppose get some banter, but then that's your own stupid fault for not moving. 

At a more than safe radius of 125 miles, I can honestly say I've never had anyone laugh it up at the Mighty Rams' expense except for my lad and a spending a week chained to a lawn mover in a locked garage seems to have dissuaded him from ever mentioning it again. 

There must be fans of more than two dozen other football clubs among my friends and acquaintances, but I can't remember any of them bringing THAT season up.

Forest fans cling to it like a drowning man clings to a lifebelt, but I don't think it has much resonance with fans of other teams anymore.