11 Points

Day

21 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just goes to prove Clough jnr was good at collecting the ingredients but was a below par chef!

That's actually a really good point. He puts together good teams but doesn't quite have the tactical nous, maybe he's more of a technical director or director of football? 

3 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

It would be classed as cheating if the rules actually existed when the alleged breaking of them occurred.

If you break FFP signing players in year 1, then in year 3 you are punished. Chances are you still have those players or have sold them and bought even more.

Unless they do rolling monthly FFP calculations it's impossible to punish at the exact time.

Rivalries aside, if there was a club which you would assign the Laughing Stock label to, it's Manchester United. Nobody else other than them.

From dominating English football under Fergie to what has followed, it's a joke. They've spent money as well, a lot of it and what have they got to show for it? Even Mr Manchester Gary Neville has come out and said he can't be arsed watching United anymore.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Rivalries aside, if there was a club which you would assign the Laughing Stock label to, it's Manchester United. Nobody else other than them.

From dominating English football under Fergie to what has followed, it's a joke. They've spent money as well, a lot of it and what have they got to show for it? Even Mr Manchester Gary Neville has come out and said he can't be arsed watching United anymore.

Is that not just another example of entitled fans ? It reminds me of the fans who think we should steam roll this league because we have we have big crowds budgets etc....

i know a few Utd fans who although obviously would like more trophies, are quite happy to go and watch their team over England and Europe.

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

It would be classed as cheating if the rules actually existed when the alleged breaking of them occurred.

3 hours ago, David said:

If you break FFP signing players in year 1, then in year 3 you are punished. Chances are you still have those players or have sold them and bought even more.

Unless they do rolling monthly FFP calculations it's impossible to punish at the exact time.

I think that @DavesaRam was referring to the fact that the rule didn't actually exist when we were found guilty of breaking it.

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I think that @DavesaRam was referring to the fact that the rule didn't actually exist when we were found guilty of breaking it.

If that is the case, he would be correct.

Just can't be bothered to dwell on that now. The EFL are the EFL.

On 05/12/2023 at 16:27, jimtastic56 said:

Be interesting to see what Wilder does at Shef Utd for two reasons . Firstly the 11 point total . Also , he has been touted for the Rams job a couple of times . Is he that good or did he just take advantage of the solid foundations Nigel laid with young players like Harry Maguire ? Wouldn’t be the first manager to take advantage of Clough’s hard work.

Maguire is probably not the best example of Nigel developing good youngsters as he'd already played over 100 First team games and had two full seasons in the first team.

16 hours ago, richinspain said:

Correct. We weren’t done for breaking FFP by signing players, the accusation was over the amortisation method we had used to depreciate players’ values. The method broke no accountancy rules and was widely used in the real world, and the EFL only specified in their rules which method should be used some 3 years later.

The EFL themselves were guilty of breaking their own, already existing rules when they directed Steve Gibson and Middlesbrough to sue us when it isn’t allowed.

Why we haven’t pursued this and a number of other rule breaches I don’t know, because it cost us a fortune.

27 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Why we haven’t pursued this and a number of other rule breaches I don’t know, because it cost us a fortune.

I would assume that we (David Clowes)  just wants a new slate with the EFL. Who knows, maybe part of the improved relationship was a promise not to take action against the EFL if they were more lenient towards the new regime?

On 05/12/2023 at 08:53, CongletonRam said:

It's actually quite amusing how every season, a thread like this appears and fans get their hopes up that that embarrassing record might get beaten.

It will never get beaten and no team has ever even come close to it. The closest was a huge 27% more with 15 points.

We remain and will remain the laughing stock of English football whether we like that or not and unfortunately for us; Forest will always have the more ammunition to throw at us than we have at them.

tumblr_mei4hlr8Kr1r0ftodo1_500.gif

6 hours ago, CongletonRam said:

What a pathetic response.

What is so tiring about my post?

Disagree, by all means, but please tell me which part and let's debate.

You trundle out exactly the same tripe dragging your club down on a regular basis like an 11 point sadist sighting the same old rhetoric . We discussed it before . You lost.  It's boring and tiring.

On 05/12/2023 at 08:53, CongletonRam said:

It's actually quite amusing how every season, a thread like this appears and fans get their hopes up that that embarrassing record might get beaten.

It will never get beaten and no team has ever even come close to it. The closest was a huge 27% more with 15 points.

We remain and will remain the laughing stock of English football whether we like that or not and unfortunately for us; Forest will always have the more ammunition to throw at us than we have at them.

I’m not sure the 27% is relevant when the numbers are so small. In real terms it’s just one win and a draw. They could’ve easily got 11pts if a couple of things went slightly differently throughout the season. 

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

You trundle out exactly the same tripe dragging your club down on a regular basis like an 11 point sadist sighting the same old rhetoric . We discussed it before . You lost.  It's boring and tiring.

I didn't lose anything.

You are simply refusing to accept that Derby are the laughing stock of English football. We are. Stop denying it.

I live and breathe DCFC, but I accept it.

If them down the road had suffered it, we wouldn't let it lie.

I've just Googled "Who is currently the laughing stock of English Football?"

I then clicked on the "In the last year" option thing.

Obviously, some headlines are going off at a tangent.
Spurs and Chelsea get mentions.  As do Sheff Weds and/or Chansiri.
The Premier League itself is listed... thanks to the refereeing/VAR hoohah!

The only mention of Derby County I could spot offered a link to page 13 of this very forum thread.

I'm getting a suspicion that maybe we aren't actually the laughing stock of football?*

*It was a very brief Google search though, to be fair, and only glanced down page one of the search results, so I'm happy to be proven wrong.