Atmosphere at Pride Park

simmoram1995

I'll have a word with the lads in D block at the Cambridge match and let them know that people aren't happy with their chants and until someone comes up with better one's,  we should sit and watch the match.

I'm sure it won't be long until all you good folk that aren't happy, pick up the slack and show us where we are going wrong.

1 hour ago, popside ossie end popside said:

Atmosphere flat, always has been to a point at PP.   When at the BBG, a bit like Florest now, the whole ground would be up at times. Obviously the football is pretty crap, but Pride Park has never had all four sides going, except perhaps Southampton at play off semi, taking us to the new Wembley for first time

I fear us old uns may have a selective memory when it comes to the BBG. Yes, there were some great atmospheres but I’m not convinced all four sides got involved on a regular basis especially in the dark days of the last time we were in the 3rd tier. I suspect, it could be just as flat as PP at times. I also don’t think PP has “always been flat to a point”. You have given one example (Southampton), what about the Brighton play off game? I know that’s only two examples but I’m pretty sure there have been plenty more. 

As others have said, the atmosphere is often dependent on the football we are watching, the results and the opposition supporters. Hence why the atmosphere at the City Ground is good at the moment. I wonder what is was like when they were struggling in the Championship or in league 1?

35 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I'll have a word with the lads in D block at the Cambridge match and let them know that people aren't happy with their chants and until someone comes up with better one's,  we should sit and watch the match.

I'm sure it won't be long until all you good folk that aren't happy, pick up the slack and show us where we are going wrong.

Play him down the middle

And he'll score you goals

Came through the academy

He is  one of our own.

Louie, Louie, 

Louie, Louie,

Louie, Louie.

Add a few claps and there you go. Easy, this chants lark! 

Just now, angieram said:

Play him down the middle

Came through the academy

He is  one of our own.

Louie, Louie, 

Louie, Louie,

Louie, Louie.

Has he been injured lol.  Must of missed that 

2 hours ago, popside ossie end popside said:

Atmosphere flat, always has been to a point at PP.   When at the BBG, a bit like Florest now, the whole ground would be up at times. Obviously the football is pretty crap, but Pride Park has never had all four sides going, except perhaps Southampton at play off semi, taking us to the new Wembley for first time

Best atmosphere at PP for me was against Boro in the late 90s? - we had a man sent off (maybe Darryl Powell) and got a late winner.

I dont actually think the atmosphere is too bad but I am in the South Stand.   There's a few songs that aren't great - Spirit in the Sky is just a dirge and Collins' do wah diddy is never getting popular but I'm not going to knock anyone that sings just 'cause I think the song isnt the best.    

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Play him down the middle

Came through the academy

He is  one of our own.

Louie, Louie, 

Louie, Louie,

Louie, Louie.

Get approval from the Dcfcfans judges before singing though. 

31 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey guys I think we need new singing section.

How about east stand near the corner of north stand believe there singers in there as well. And let family stand can go back to north stand like they used to.

Don’t think that’s a bad idea. Be somewhere for the players to run to and celebrate , when we score at that end . Need about 50 to move on mass 

39 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Don’t think that’s a bad idea. Be somewhere for the players to run to and celebrate , when we score at that end . Need about 50 to move on mass 

It has to be somewhere that doesn't have many existing season ticket holders. The reason there is such a focus on that area in the East Stand is because a small number of people complained to the club and further. This has placed external scrutiny on the Club, who now have to be very careful. 

(Obviously no-one has been complaining at Bolton, or other grounds we have visited recently. )

Anyway, the obvious area is therefore the North-West corner of North Stand, away from the family area. And the acoustics up there at the back are excellent. 

5 hours ago, trappatoni said:

Best atmosphere at PP for me was against Boro in the late 90s? - we had a man sent off (maybe Darryl Powell) and got a late winner.

I dont actually think the atmosphere is too bad but I am in the South Stand.   There's a few songs that aren't great - Spirit in the Sky is just a dirge and Collins' do wah diddy is never getting popular but I'm not going to knock anyone that sings just 'cause I think the song isnt the best.    

Wanchope sent off and Jonathan Hunt scored if I remember correctly. Atmosphere was electric. Derby fans are at their best when there is a sense of injustice-see relegation / administration year.

12 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Wanchope sent off and Jonathan Hunt scored if I remember correctly. Atmosphere was electric. Derby fans are at their best when there is a sense of injustice-see relegation / administration year.

Yep bang on. Think he lashed out at Andy Townsend who made a meal of it, remember being on his case all game from that point. Think we even came from behind. Bald Eagles barmy Army ringing out from all 4 stands for about 15-20 mins closing out the game, Russell Hoult waving his arms to the crowd geeing them up to sing even louder. Amazing day. 

26 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yep bang on. Think he lashed out at Andy Townsend who made a meal of it, remember being on his case all game from that point. Think we even came from behind. Bald Eagles barmy Army ringing out from all 4 stands for about 15-20 mins closing out the game, Russell Hoult waving his arms to the crowd geeing them up to sing even louder. Amazing day. 

I remember Paul Williams getting a hammering when we beat Southampton 4-0.  Strachan on match of the day saying he subbed him as the crowd had made him lose his head.  

The best atmosphere i remember was the 4-2 win against Forest where it was evident the loser was probably for the relegation chop.

28 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Think there was a dispute from them about a throw in or something as well which led to one of our goals. Bunch of cheats. The warning signs were there as to what a set of tossers they were. 

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I sing “jump and bounce” with my kids. They also love the 21 points song but we changed it to “stuff”, I get it though with that song. The best one in recent years we all got behind was Since I was young. 

Loved the winnall and Osula chants, even the Wanchope and Baiano chants back in the day. The Mendez-Laing and Cashin chants would be quality if they didn’t mention genitalia.

But even put the chants to one side the club can do more pre game than they do. 

Jump and bounce is good. Totally agree pre-game - its dire

On 19/09/2023 at 10:23, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The atmoshpere is down to the football. There is virtually nothing to cheer or get excited about. If we were consistantly playing good exciting atacking football the crowd noise would be fantastic. 

Under Rooney the fans were excellent as they could see the effort and desire was there but at the moment it’s just Meh.