Atmosphere at Pride Park

simmoram1995

47 minutes ago, Rocket Rioch said:

An electric atmosphere is created by the reasonable anticipation and expectation of good and exiting things happening. It is difficult to get exited when what is expected is at best mid table mediocrity and it is unreasonable to expect the crowd to maintain enthusiasm when what they see before them is so often poor.

Are you related to Roy.

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

We can’t kick fans out because they don’t like what we like . Celebration music is fun as the away fans drift off after a loss but isn’t the Poem - Living in the past like Florists ? ( Florence Nightingale and all).

I'm not suggesting we kick anyone out but if you list most things around a matchday experience as being not for you, then is the matchday experience not for you? 

Not you personally obviously, but for any person. 

As for the poem it's about taking pride in our heritage, not living in the past. 

I can't understand why people get on at Forest for celebrating their past achievements anyway. 

I'm more interested in what we're doing.

On 20/09/2023 at 21:27, CBRammette said:

Jump and bounce is good.

19 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

That not the chant through is it.

I can't speak for other areas, but at the foot of the stairs that lead me away from the concourse and up into the stand, there is a sign that clearly states that foul/abusive language will not be tolerated, and hints at the prospect of being ejected from the ground (I can't recall the precise wording, to my shame!).

If I ever get a tap on the shoulder from a high-viz sleeve during that particular song, I know precisely what lyrics I will be claiming to be singing... and it won't be the foul/abusive language version!  

I would also hope that "Jump and bounce" were also the words of choice for the vast majority of parents/grandparents with young children as their matchday wards, as anything more "industrial" really ought to be considered unacceptable, even in these times of dwindling respect and decency.

Edited by Mucker1884

6 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

It's difficult to tell from that post if you're pro,anti or merely accepting of songs with swear words, about players manhood, about non Derby players that have had injuries or about Forest.

For me personally, none of them really bother me except for those that are particularly offensive (I don't want to reopen the Billy Sharpe debate by the way) and most are just gap fillers between the various songs in support of the team or specific players.

For me it’s not about how I feel about them generally.

I’ve been one of those to be starting chants during the game back when we were in the East Stand corner many moons ago and I always chose the ones everyone could join in, especially those with kids with them.

Even now I change the words of some chants along with my kids, who are now all adults themselves as I chose not to swear myself. 

But I get the desire for some to sing those with swear words or about knobs because they think it’s funny. And, sometimes Derby fans chants are very funny if you like that sort of humour. 

My post was more about people understanding some of the counter arguments to having these chants which  ‘may’ be one of the reasons they don’t take off all over the ground. 

For what it’s worth I’m in the camp that feels the football has more of an affect on the atmosphere than most things, especially at Pride Park. 

However, I don’t think we help ourselves much with some of the chants and also the moaners who don’t want people to be chanting and the club are not helping with their approach to the East Stand. 

21 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Feels like a bit of a contradiction. In one breath you’re saying we seem to have areas where being vocal and supporting your team is frowned upon but then detail the various places you’ve sat and never once had anyone ask you to stop. 🤷🏻

I suppose it does seem like a contradiction,  I'm the type of person that doesn't get intimidated and would never be described as being the shy type. I will sing and shout my support no matter where I am, but I do look around to see who is around and wouldn't be effing and jeffing in a stand full of young uns and women. 

In the past I've been invited into a corporate box, but always turned it down because I like to be vocal and wouldn't want to sit and just watch a match.

On 22/09/2023 at 10:03, angieram said:

How old are you? 

Genuine question. Football might not be for you if you don't enjoy any of those things.

Why is someone's age  important? Are you implying that being of a certain vintage dictates what you can and can't enjoy? I'm retired for what it's worth though,and have been going to see The Rams since the glorious Seventies. Personally, I  wouldn't dream of suggesting that age is a barrier to attending an event. I also never realised that to enjoy football I also had to be a Neil Diamond fan and like regionally themed poetry. Thanks for the guidance. 

Edited by BearwoodRam

2 hours ago, BearwoodRam said:

Why is someone's age  important? Are you implying that being of a certain vintage dictates what you can and can't enjoy? I'm retired for what it's worth though,and have been going to see The Rams since the glorious Seventies. Personally, I  wouldn't dream of suggesting that age is a barrier to attending an event. I also never realised that to enjoy football I also had to be a Neil Diamond fan and like regionally themed poetry. Thanks for the guidance. 

No, I am also retired. I was just very interested what you wanted to see on a matchday instead of all the things listed  that's all. 

I see lots of people heating odd things, but you listed so many that there doesn't leave a lot else, really.

Would you prefer it just to be quiet? 

As I say, it's a genuine question, as it's difficult to gauge this from your post.

23 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I can't speak for other areas, but at the foot of the stairs that lead me away from the concourse and up into the stand, there is a sign that clearly states that foul/abusive language will not be tolerated, and hints at the prospect of being ejected from the ground (I can't recall the precise wording, to my shame!).

If I ever get a tap on the shoulder from a high-viz sleeve during that particular song, I know precisely what lyrics I will be claiming to be singing... and it won't be the foul/abusive language version!  

I would also hope that "Jump and bounce" were also the words of choice for the vast majority of parents/grandparents with young children as their matchday wards, as anything more "industrial" really ought to be considered unacceptable, even in these times of dwindling respect and decency.

We’ll my argument would be not my fault how chants go.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

No, I am also retired. I was just very interested what you wanted to see on a matchday instead of all the things listed  that's all. 

I see lots of people heating odd things, but you listed so many that there doesn't leave a lot else, really.

Would you prefer it just to be quiet? 

As I say, it's a genuine question, as it's difficult to gauge this from your post.

Hey angie some people woul be happy no noise what so ever but if anyone don’t like can go watch in a library in compete silance.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey angie some people woul be happy no noise what so ever but if anyone don’t like can go watch in a library in compete silance.

This whole thread started to discuss the lack of atmosphere lately to try to make it more enjoyable/loud. Havent heard anyone say they want no noise and to watch in a library. But if they like that they do have the right to say it after all!

13 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

This whole thread started to discuss the lack of atmosphere lately to try to make it more enjoyable/loud. Havent heard anyone say they want no noise and to watch in a library. But if they like that they do have the right to say it after all!

Yes I hard a parent or adult tell child to shut up and sit down be quite I felt telling them leave him alone that what football stadiums are for make noise get behind the lads.

46 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

We’ll my argument would be not my fault how chants go.

I'm sure...  but it would be my fault if I got kicked out/banned for using foul, abusive, and/or indecent language, as I believe that is against stadium rules... rules that we agree to each time we buy a ticket.

29,800 wrongs doth not a right make!  

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm sure...  but it would be my fault if I got kicked out/banned for using foul, abusive, and/or indecent language, as I believe that is against stadium rules... rules that we agree to each time we buy a ticket.

29,800 wrongs doth not a right make!  

What has come to make noise get behind the lads or risk just that

some touchy people lately

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What has come to make noise get behind the lads or risk just that

some touchy people lately

What on earth are you rambling on about.

This conversation began when alternative words were suggested, for kids to use in place of the words "If you don't f****** bounce...".
And you retorting: that "If you don't jump and bounce":

On 21/09/2023 at 23:03, B4ev6is said:

That not the chant through is it.

You're right, they're not be the right words, but they are within the stadium rules/Supporters Charter (Unlike "the right chant").  This is the charter which we are all supposed to abide by, in case you are not aware.
Nobody is complaining about noise levels.  Nobody is demanding silence. 
My comments refer to foul and abusive language, either by children, or within earshot of children, if I had to be specific.  I would argue both scenarios are unacceptable in a civilised world.

And... As you can see here... By use of automatic censorship... Even @David has banned the word "f******" from posts on his forum!  I like @David.  

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes I hard a parent or adult tell child to shut up and sit down be quite I felt telling them leave him alone that what football stadiums are for make noise get behind the lads.

Probably depends what the child was shouting and is up to the parent to parent their child as they wish as they have to deal with consequences of what is shouted at football in other instances.

You can use what lyrics you like B4 but you need to stop berating fans who dont like using certain words like the f word. I dont use that word ever in life (except odd times alone in car at Cambridge cyclists). But I am not a prude or a killjoy or someone who wants the stadium quiet or minds others using it.
I love the humour and passion of football fans - I would put it right up there as something that makes me proud to be a Brit. Nothing quite like hearing 21 points song or fight to the end THAT season but I chose to swap the f word. We've always had a "what you hear at football stays at football" with our boys and never had a problem. Loved exchanging cheeky smiles with my boys when they heard something "rude". Which means I actually love the Collymore song when many dont as will never forget look on my sons' faces when first heard it at full pelt. 
But all this comes from comments that more may sing if not every chant is expletive laden. Some may never sing which I dont get but its their choice - they may have such turmoil and angst inside after watching us for years that they can no longer sing - who knows. 
But please can you perhaps sometimes listen to others views on this esp where children are involved. 

53 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

What on earth are you rambling on about.

This conversation began when alternative words were suggested, for kids to use in place of the words "If you don't f****** bounce...".
And you retorting: that "If you don't jump and bounce":

You're right, they're not be the right words, but they are within the stadium rules/Supporters Charter (Unlike "the right chant").  This is the charter which we are all supposed to abide by, in case you are not aware.
Nobody is complaining about noise levels.  Nobody is demanding silence. 
My comments refer to foul and abusive language, either by children, or within earshot of children, if I had to be specific.  I would argue both scenarios are unacceptable in a civilised world.

And... As you can see here... By use of automatic censorship... Even @David has banned the word "f******" from posts on his forum!  I like @David.  

I heard kids say it and ones I don’t agree I don’t chant it simples

18 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Probably depends what the child was shouting and is up to the parent to parent their child as they wish as they have to deal with consequences of what is shouted at football in other instances.

You can use what lyrics you like B4 but you need to stop berating fans who dont like using certain words like the f word. I dont use that word ever in life (except odd times alone in car at Cambridge cyclists). But I am not a prude or a killjoy or someone who wants the stadium quiet or minds others using it.
I love the humour and passion of football fans - I would put it right up there as something that makes me proud to be a Brit. Nothing quite like hearing 21 points song or fight to the end THAT season but I chose to swap the f word. We've always had a "what you hear at football stays at football" with our boys and never had a problem. Loved exchanging cheeky smiles with my boys when they heard something "rude". Which means I actually love the Collymore song when many dont as will never forget look on my sons' faces when first heard it at full pelt. 
But all this comes from comments that more may sing if not every chant is expletive laden. Some may never sing which I dont get but its their choice - they may have such turmoil and angst inside after watching us for years that they can no longer sing - who knows. 
But please can you perhaps sometimes listen to others views on this esp where children are involved. 

The ones I heard come on derby

or rams going marching in on

19 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Sorry did not mean how it sounded that sounded to me.

• 2 months later...