Atmosphere at Pride Park

simmoram1995

33 minutes ago, Ramchop said:

Name 5 songs that we have as a club and I'll give you 

2 songs about players tackle 

1 song about being deducted points 2 years ago

2 songs that 10 people know the words to

It's embarrassing. We've had an almost complete turnover in players, but none of them get a halfway original song. That's why we have no atmosphere, we don't like our players enough to even steal another clubs song for them

Make up some new ones, or are you another that likes to moan rather than contribute?

The pre-match is s***. Music choice, the way it’s organised no build up, it was a calamity on Saturday with Steve bloomers watching being played as the teams kicked off. Keep the poem but abandon everything else about pre match. We need a better song than Steve bloomers watching. The chants are s***!! We need better more innovative.

Think it needs some sort of organisation to really lead it and coordinate it properly. We don’t need Tifos but that lot (now they have enough fans because the going is good) have really mobilised themselves well through forza garibaldi (they take it too far and actually think they’re a city of revolutionaries which is f****** hilarious and besides the point), but the atmosphere for the big games (not Bournemouth where they walk out early) is probably the best in the premier league. I was in the Spurs away end last season with my mate and witnessed it first hand. It was a f****** morgue for long periods when I was there watching the Rams so they’ve upped their game.

It does help having something to get behind on the pitch. The atmosphere under Mac 1 and the Admin season was unbelievable. We need to get back to that and have better chants which don’t refer to players’ genitalia!! No more collymore, bring back 21 points but change the f****** words it’s not difficult, bring back since I was young, keep the bounce, keep spirit in the sky. All of those would be a start. 

15 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The pre-match is s***. Music choice, the way it’s organised no build up, it was a calamity on Saturday with Steve bloomers watching being played as the teams kicked off. Keep the poem but abandon everything else about pre match. We need a better song than Steve bloomers watching. The chants are s***!! We need better more innovative.

Think it needs some sort of organisation to really lead it and coordinate it properly. We don’t need Tifos but that lot (now they have enough fans because the going is good) have really mobilised themselves well through forza garibaldi (they take it too far and actually think they’re a city of revolutionaries which is f****** hilarious and besides the point), but the atmosphere for the big games (not Bournemouth where they walk out early) is probably the best in the premier league. I was in the Spurs away end last season with my mate and witnessed it first hand. It was a f****** morgue for long periods when I was there watching the Rams so they’ve upped their game.

It does help having something to get behind on the pitch. The atmosphere under Mac 1 and the Admin season was unbelievable. We need to get back to that and have better chants which don’t refer to players’ genitalia!! No more collymore, bring back 21 points but change the f****** words it’s not difficult, bring back since I was young, keep the bounce, keep spirit in the sky. All of those would be a start. 

Spirit in the sky has never caught on other than small pocket in south stand and is the dullest song i have ever heard at a football match as sung too low and too slowly - sounds like a few drunk old men at the end of a wedding slurring their words as they nod off - sorry!!!  
We need more lively bangers that everyone can get easily and sing without needing a song sheet. Seems like we reserve good chants for loan players. always go on about it but Sammy Winnall's song was perfect - surely current player would fit it well. Same for osula - first time sang it at cambridge away last year and was brilliant. Everyone instantly got it. 

Also why does every song we have have to have the f*** word in? People shouldnt moan about people not singing when that is the case. 21 points you could easily change it to sing "stuff" but I'm not a prude and sing loud but just will never yell the "f" word. Even the bounce which kids love  - why the "f" word?  

4 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

When I went there last we played them, I mentioned that almost everyone had a scarf. Something they pushed on social media. Seems to have carried on. Think it helps their atmosphere. 

8 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Spirit in the sky has never caught on other than small pocket in south stand and is the dullest song i have ever heard at a football match as sung too low and too slowly - sounds like a few drunk old men at the end of a wedding slurring their words as they nod off - sorry!!!  
We need more lively bangers that everyone can get easily and sing without needing a song sheet. Seems like we reserve good chants for loan players. always go on about it but Sammy Winnall's song was perfect - surely current player would fit it well. Same for osula - first time sang it at cambridge away last year and was brilliant. Everyone instantly got it. 

Also why does every song we have have to have the f*** word in? People shouldnt moan about people not singing when that is the case. 21 points you could easily change it to sing "stuff" but I'm not a prude and sing loud but just will never yell the "f" word. Even the bounce which kids love  - why the "f" word?  

I sing “jump and bounce” with my kids. They also love the 21 points song but we changed it to “stuff”, I get it though with that song. The best one in recent years we all got behind was Since I was young. 

Loved the winnall and Osula chants, even the Wanchope and Baiano chants back in the day. The Mendez-Laing and Cashin chants would be quality if they didn’t mention genitalia.

But even put the chants to one side the club can do more pre game than they do. 

3 hours ago, HorsforthRam said:

When I went there last we played them, I mentioned that almost everyone had a scarf. Something they pushed on social media. Seems to have carried on. Think it helps their atmosphere. 

They just copied Leeds then. That makes me feel better now. 

Leicester had those clacker things didn’t they, really helped their atmosphere 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

They have tried to rip out most of the atmosphere in the East stand near the away fans so you will rarely get anything from that area close to what it was before. 
This has a few affects on overall atmosphere as in one less area of real noise and also one less area that the South stand can bounce off and ‘compete’ with in a very small but friendly way. 

Would be interesting to hear the clubs perspective and desire moving forward.

Are they happy that they have received fewer letters of complaint about people standing in the East stand areas?
I’m sure they are.
They are continuing to not sell tickets so must be happy with the status quo.

and if they are they can’t moan about the overall change in noise levels from that area.  

We can do what we want as supporters but if you are served up with rubbish on the pitch the atmosphere will always be flat

you mention those down the road but the main reason they have a good atmosphere at the minute is they are doing well not because they do things to improve the atmosphere

Edited by alram

9 hours ago, CBRammette said:

"Bounce" is nicked, verbatim from Sheff Wed. One friend of mine had her daughter believing it  "if you don't jump and bounce" for a while. The kid now knows different. Started taking my 2 in 1999, when they were aged 5 and 6. First game was the 4-0 Kinkladze game when we were over visiting friends and family. They were given strict instructions. Any words you know to be "wrong" and any words you don't know/understand are not to be repeated. All to no avail as the F word has now become a mainstay of the Dutch language. When I was teaching, the Dutch kids, even after I'd explained it, didn't quite understand why I didn't want it in my English or Computer Science lessons. It's commonplace in phrases like WTF or used as an adjective/adverb. It's heard at least once on any talkshow. It's use did slow down a bit when I uttered it, in a loud voice, in a literal translation. They looked bemused so I explained that what I'd just said was WTF in their own language.

Hark now hear.... on the other hand is ours. Stems from Boxing Day 1978. 1-1 draw at their place. 

PP is a bit of a double edged sword at times. A big noisy home crowd is obviously a significant advantage and the players and manager seem to all say as much, but if it's a really flat performance with little goalmouth action then it settles down into that really distinctive murmur as people just start chatting. Some of that conversation may be about the game but I suspect that much of it is about what takeaway folk are going to get tonight.

In South Stand you get phases where the crowd try to rouse the team but it is a 2-way thing and if the match is dire then it soon settles down - the players need to play their part to get things going too. Part of this may be tactical as the opposition are all too aware of the potential power of a Derby team with their tails up and a big crowd roaring them on so they may be consciously trying to quieten the crowd, but once we get to the murmur stage, it often seems to be quite difficult to get the momentum back. Not always though and I honestly can't say why that is. Sometimes a crunching tackle or one slick move can set it all off again and other times its just flat. We seem to get that a lot with early kickoffs.

If South Stand is rocking then it often carries other stands with it but completely agree re comments about East Stand. I used to be up there and there was a bit of banter with South Stand but that seems increasingly rare these days.

Agree also re the relative predictability of the songs. In truth, I just don't know (and have never understood) how the dynamics of new songs work either. It needs a core of people to try it but also a wider group to pick that up and run with it. I see threads about new songs but you rarely see these appear but I'm as guilty as anyone in that I have never tried to start something new and I'm sure that most folk would say the same.

The noise and crowd at PP can be a huge asset but it's often a mixed blessing as a groan spreads round the ground when a pass goes straight into touch. I don't know how you 'fix' that though. At other times the atmosphere either home or away can be absolutely rabid for no apparent reason with the crowd roaring every challenge and at other times it's so quiet that you can hear text alerts pinging, but barely audible above the dreaded murmur of distraction.