Derby v Lincoln Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Great to win again even if It's only the Pizza-cup. You can only beat what's in front of you and all that.

Barks and Sibley actually played a bit of football and Fornah/Embleton gave us some running. Thought NML looked much more like his old self again but there is still not the same extreme pace from last year. Maybe should been given a rest tonight? 

If that was all Lincoln have to offer then we have nothing to fear against them this season. They had no pace what so ever and gave the ball back even more often than we usually do!

Bradley still looks very rusty. I hope to see him finding his feet for us but can't see him getting a first team shirt unless all other alternatives are missing. He gives a very shaky   impression.

COYR! Let's build on that!

It's highly unlikely that we'll see Barks and Sibbo starting on Saturday, they've only just come back from injury and have had no pre-season. To play them for 2 and a bit games in one week after a couple of weeks training in the last 4 months, is asking for trouble.

It's not worth risky a long term injury just for one game, give them some minutes towards the end and let them build fitness.

25 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Saturday                    
                   Wildsmith 

Wilson   Nelson    Cashin   Forsyth  

Smith        Fornah

Laing            Sibbo          Barks

Waggy

Cant see NML, Sibley & Barkhuizen all starting, leaves us no option from the bench.

Id expect Washington to start over Barkhuizen, having him start means he will run in behind which should create space behind him for the 10. I think Waggy will be in the 10 with Sibley on the left but would expect all 3 to rotate, Waggy drifting out wide and Sibley coming inside, NML switching sides too.

Then we would have a bench of - 

Vickers/Loach, Elder, Nyambe, Bradley, Embleton, Barkhuizen, Collins

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Certain forum members at home after tonight's result 

ezgif.com-resize (1).gif

I know this is tongue in cheek but I also hate the idea that people can't criticise Warne without the assumption that they want him to fail.

On the contrary, I want him to prove me wrong 

Quite satisfying, with Wilson, Fornah and Sibley the stand-outs. I don't know how strong the Lincoln team was, but we can only perform against what turns up on the day, and we did pretty well.

I like the look of Fornah and Wilson. They are both footballers, and play like they are in love with the ball, rather like Simon Dawkins used to. They move beautifully, and never look like they are struggling to get control of the ball. Bradley did ok, and was marshalling the defence behind the scenes. Very interesting that late on in the match he was telling Cashin where to stand, and Cashin nodded and did exactly what he was told. If he was wearing a cap he would have doffed it for Bradley! And when the ball was half-cleared, Cashin wa in exactly the right place to complete the clearance. Perhaps Bradley knows what he is doing. We just need hi legs to get the message a bit more often!

It is refreshing to see us have a go at playing the ball at ground level, because it works. I would expect the atmosphere to be a bit more cordial to our erstwhile manager after this. Keep it up, Paul. And that refers to the style of play, not the height at which the ball travels!

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

Quite satisfying, with Wilson, Fornah and Sibley the stand-outs. I don't know how strong the Lincoln team was, but we can only perform against what turns up on the day, and we did pretty well.

I like the look of Fornah and Wilson. They are both footballers, and play like they are in love with the ball, rather like Simon Dawkins used to. They move beautifully, and never look like they are struggling to get control of the ball. Bradley did ok, and was marshalling the defence behind the scenes. Very interesting that late on in the match he was telling Cashin where to stand, and Cashin nodded and did exactly what he was told. If he was wearing a cap he would have doffed it for Bradley! And when the ball was half-cleared, Cashin wa in exactly the right place to complete the clearance. Perhaps Bradley knows what he is doing. We just need hi legs to get the message a bit more often!

It is refreshing to see us have a go at playing the ball at ground level, because it works. I would expect the atmosphere to be a bit more cordial to our erstwhile manager after this. Keep it up, Paul. And that refers to the style of play, not the height at which the ball travels!

WHAT!!! NO REFEREEING COMMENTS? WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?

Was at the game tonight , Derby played some very good football in parts with 2 excellent goals being the reward, agree with most that’s being said, Smith , Fornah and Embleton did well , good to have Barks back and great to see Louie back on the score sheet, well done to Warner, picked a team to win the game , mission accomplished, more of the same at Carlisle.    Coyr