History repeating itself

I've read a few threads on X from Rotherham fans and the parallells between them and us when W has been in charge are alarming.

One such post reads:

#dcfcfans #dcfc how’s warne doing lads? 3 at back? Long ball? Miss out the central midfielders every game by banging it over there heads? Loads of injuries in training? Same subs every week? No plan B? Just wondering from a miller?

My best guess is that if things improve by end of October he will be given the elbow.

I would fully respect DC to go for someone who plays football the right way

20 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

I've read a few threads on X from Rotherham fans and the parallells between them and us when W has been in charge are alarming.

One such post reads:

#dcfcfans #dcfc how’s warne doing lads? 3 at back? Long ball? Miss out the central midfielders every game by banging it over there heads? Loads of injuries in training? Same subs every week? No plan B? Just wondering from a miller?

My best guess is that if things improve by end of October he will be given the elbow.

Just posted on a different t thread, almost like it’s a common trend. 

Edited by QuitYourJibbaJivin

1 minute ago, MidWalesRam said:

Plenty of Rotherham fans were also lamenting his loss when he left them for us with many saying we were now nailed on for promotion. Whatever suits the narrative......

This really. We might not be the happiest bunnies in the world right now but Warne was seen as a positive appointment by most Rams' fans at the time, even those who thought Rosey deserved a fair crack.

47 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Tbf you can't fault him for getting someone proven at this level.

What is evident is that W can't handle a big club with high expectations

I’m not sure I get this “can’t handle a big club with high expectations theory”. Our only expectation at the moment is to get out of league 1 - exactly the same as Rotherham’s expectations were when he was manager there surely? If he was trying to manage Premier League players with their over hyped egos then I could understand it but not when he’s, on the whole, managing lower end Championship and league 1 players.

I reckon it’s nothing to do with the size of the club or its expectations but, assuming he doesn’t succeed at Derby, it will just be another case of a manager being successful at club A but then failing at club B for no apparent reason. It seems to happen all the time. Knowing our luck, he’ll get the sack from Derby and then take one of our rivals to the Championship ahead of us.

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

One such post reads:

I think that is extremely unlikely.

Warne wasn't brought in to produce champagne football,Clowes knew exactly what style of play PW would be bringing here.

The gaffer wanted a rebuild of the club from top to bottom.We were absolutely on our arses before the buy out,the academy was decimated,moor farm was physically deteriorating and staff morale was on the floor.

Clowes no doubt believed that warne was the man to remedy the majority of those issues and his ethos to club life appears to align with his.

So,I think,at least whilst the club is being gradually 'repaired' that he will stick with pw,even if that means mid to upper obscurity in this shitty league for this season at least.

I'm no big fan of pw football( or of the crap played under roseniors brief tenure) I'm a Mac 1&2 fan through and through with all the lovely gameplay and flair that it brings,but I do recognise what the owner is trying to achieve and all of this hand wringing and whining on the forums that we aren't being entertained isn't going to change clowes medium and long term plans.

So we need to get used to this reality i.m.o,get behind the manager and team and suck it up,this is going to be a long if slightly tedious job....but better than the alternative we faced a short time ago.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Tbf you can't fault him for getting someone proven at this level.

What is evident is that W can't handle a big club with high expectations

Its not just the expectations, he's an awful manager too.

18 minutes ago, strawhillram said:

One random

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm no big fan of pw football( or of the crap played under roseniors brief tenure) I'm a Mac 1&2 fan through and through with all the lovely gameplay and flair that it brings,but I do recognise what the owner is trying to achieve and all of this hand wringing and whining on the forums that we aren't being entertained isn't going to change clowes medium and long term plans.

Clap Yes GIF

3 hours ago, Stockport Ram said:

....and yet he already HAD a manager who played football “the right way”....

What is the right way?

Football is about scoring at one end and keeping the opposition out at the other end.

Do that and, on the whole, you'll have a reasonably happy fanbase. Of course there will still be the purists who have been brainwashed by Sky into thinking every goal should be preceded by a minimum of 100 passes.

4 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

One such post reads:

Could bring in Morris to play "the Derby Way"

Id be interested (but not sure where to find) the stats on long balls.

Other than the occasional punt from Cashin, Nelson and Forsyth, I don't think we actually play long balls.

I think we just play football at a chaotic speed which often leads to passes going astray.

Happy to be proven wrong with official stats though.

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Id be interested (but not sure where to find) the stats on long balls.

Other than the occasional punt from Cashin, Nelson and Forsyth, I don't think we actually play long balls.

I think we just play football at a chaotic speed which often leads to passes going astray.

Happy to be proven wrong with official stats though.

It's not long ball in the sense of hoofing it to a big man up front.  It's the aimless balls over the top and the forced forward passes to nobody that really kill us.  It's like every pass just has to go forward, even if there's no one there to get on it, and it feels like 90% of the time they're just giveaways.

14 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

It's not long ball in the sense of hoofing it to a big man up front.  It's the aimless balls over the top and the forced forward passes to nobody that really kill us.  It's like every pass just has to go forward, even if there's no one there to get on it, and it feels like 90% of the time they're just giveaways.

I'm surprised you're able to discern that much of a pattern tbh. 😄 But it is no wonder passes go astray as often as they do when one player has no idea where another player might be on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm sure aimless balls over the top will still be counted as long ball in the stats.