Can anyone actually name a single improvement Warne has done since arriving?

GeneralRam

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Someone has posted a picture of a I love Paul mug and attached my name to it. I don't love Warne. He's a pretty limited manager and L1 is probably his level. Which is why he's at our club. Cos we're a L1 club atm. That's reality. 

I respect people who have their opinions about Warne. What I can't stomach is folks with those opinions then creating numerous identical threads to make what is in effect exactly the same point.

One esteemed forum member posted tonight that if it bothers people reading those identical threads then don't come on here or read them 

I've got one better, if people are that bothered about Warne being our manager then stop watching the club and stop posting on here until he is removed. Or go and see a therapist if it's having that much of an effect on you. 

Wave Smile GIF by The Gathering Church

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Or fair easier if the same people can keep off posting the same repetitive stuff if having Warne as a manager triggers them so much. 

You'd think Warne was the devil incarnate after reading some of the threads. 

It cuts both ways. 

I don't like the barrage of similar threads either, there's nothing worse than a pile-on, but when Warne stops repeatedly producing poor football, people will stop repetitively reinforcing their opinions.

Again there's always the alternative option, which is create a thread which (constructively or othererwise) counters the points they feel they need to keep raising, and stop bloody whinging about other people.

That said, I'm being a hypocrite (sort of) by suggesting that because I'm new-thread averse!

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I don't like the barrage of similkar threads either, but when Warne stops repeatedly producing poor football, people will stop repetitively reinforcing their opinions.

Again there's always the alternative option, which is create a thread which (constructively or othererwise) counters the points they feel they need to keep raising, and stop bloody whinging about othe people

That said, I'm being a hypocrite (sort of) by suggesting that because I'm new-thread averse!

I don't share your optimism. I've been on this forum and following the club for long enough to see that when supporters have it in for either a manager or a player they can poo gold cufflinks but they will always be the same in their eyes. 

9 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I booked in with a therapist last week, but the appointment was at 5.32, which pushed me over the edge.

Forum diagnosis: OCD. 
Or something traumatic once happened to you at 5:32. (What time was that Zamora goal?)

Does make me think though - surely by now DCFC should have created a suite of on-site therapies for its long suffering fans. Then we wouldn’t need to fill the forum with our woes 😜

40 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

he would make an excellent fitness coach...

Would he? You have to wonder, when Tommo was told he wasn't training hard enough last season that he's now injured after getting into the team and no doubt being desperate to stay in. But that's probably co-incidence and I'm not a fan.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Would he? You have to wonder, when Tommo was told he wasn't training hard enough last season that he's now injured after getting into the team and no doubt being desperate to stay in. But that's probably co-incidence and I'm not a fan.

it was just based on the fact he loves making people run and doesn't do any work with the football😅

10 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’m not saying there shouldn’t be any discussion of those frustrations. But those who count themselves as being actively opposed to the manager, if they actually want to affect a change they’ll need to do more than ranting about it online.

What I’m opposed to is almost a housekeeping aspect of reading this forum. A new thread pops up which is seemingly just a variation on the same theme after losses and the same has happened today on the back of a draw. There are multiple threads full of discussion around Warne, his tactics, in or out etc, I don’t see what’s stopping people posting their fresh comments and frustrations on one of those threads rather than starting another, which leads to the same patterns and almost echo chamber of views. 

Totally agree... and yet I don't feel the need to start a new thread to echo your comments, so it proves it can be done, if only we try! 

😉 🍻 

9 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't share your optimism. I've been on this forum and following the club for long enough to see that when supporters have it in for either a manager or a player they can poo gold cufflinks but they will always be the same in their eyes. 

If Warne got us winning matches then this forum would quieten down without a doubt. 

The sort of behaviour and attitude you’re referring to comes on board when fans are fed up at either bad results or poor/boring football. Same happened with Cocu. Once the writing is on the wall it’s a tough road back. But as I say if Warne can have a lobotomy and wake up with a few tactics and wins things would change.

Most fans that can’t see the glaringly obvious are sadly falling into the happy clapper era of about 2012-2013 when they were hoping Nige would eventually get it right.

Plain and simply this current manager won’t. Can’t see how you think Max Bird returning etc means we shoot up the league. These are mostly ex championship players. 

A decent manager (and I add a proper man manager) who isn’t always concerned about what his colleagues and players think about him would have us comfortably top 4. 

A few more stinging performances of dross might just be the dose of reality that’s needed here.