Corey Blackett-Taylor - Signed on Loan/Permanent in Summer

Stuniverse

DET saying Charlton backtracked and accepted Derby's 2nd offer - £250k. That's good business if so. In any case, he looks one to get bums off seats and I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

On a general note, with the players we've managed to secure on longer contracts, I reckon this has been a quietly progressive window for the club. We seem to have adopted a 'we won't sell for beans and we won't overpay either' kinda stance and I like it a lot. Whatever else happens, we'll start next year in probably our most robust financial health in years, hopefully coinciding with our first game back in the Championship.

And on that note, how about that midfield fix, Mr Clowes? I reckon that might just about do it, don't you? Oh, and the big lad in on loan if there's still coins down the back of the sofa. We don't ask for much, you know! 😋

28 minutes ago, Spanish said:

What motm barks last time out?  You are right by learn from mistakes but we never seem to do that!  Please forgive my negativity but it always seems that other clubs are waiting for us to turn up and be dumped on.  If we are to return to the heights we believe we deserve the scouting has to improve radically

He was man of the match but not sure how? Besides the point though. We need to strengthen to try and make top two! Good recruitment is probably one of the most important things for a football club. Can’t avoid it.

The lad Clowes is having a good window so far. As @Comrade 86 points out, it is refreshing to see some financial prudence from our owner after the Mel Morris era. If we can get Smith on loan and another option in central midfield, that will do it. Some posters shying away from the reported CBT fee, but if we improve him, his value could easily quadruple, on top of his contribution to the team.

37 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Multi-syllabic-named players

Assuming he passes his medical, I suspect Corey-Blackett-Taylor (6 syllables) will be the player with the joint-most syllables ever to have played for the Rams. Furthermore, there is a rising trend here what with Nath-an-iel-Men-des-Laing and Ty-reece-John-Ju-les. Oh I long for the days of the mono-syllabics like Mick Coop, Tom Ince, Dave Webb et alia. No wonder we can't come up with any decent songs that scan prop-er-ly 😲 

Yea, but we always struggle with the single syllable names. Max Bird hasn't got a song. Even the great George Thorne's song was just his name.

I reckon we can get a whole fairy story woven around Corey Blackett Taylor! 

39 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yea, but we always struggle with the single syllable names. Max Bird hasn't got a song. Even the great George Thorne's song was just his name.

I reckon we can get a whole fairy story woven around Corey Blackett Taylor! 

I don't understand why we don't at least sing 'he's one of our own' in regards to Bird. Deserves a song

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

🤣 who did he say Warney was going to watch…time will tell if he is right about us signing the lad from Chesterfield. I am still backing Beryl, think all 3 might come off….

CBT wasn't playing.

Why would he watch someone we are already signing?

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Multi-syllabic-named players

Assuming he passes his medical, I suspect Corey-Blackett-Taylor (6 syllables) will be the player with the joint-most syllables ever to have played for the Rams. Furthermore, there is a rising trend here what with Nath-an-iel-Men-des-Laing and Ty-reece-John-Ju-les. Oh I long for the days of the mono-syllabics like Mick Coop, Tom Ince, Dave Webb et alia. No wonder we can't come up with any decent songs that scan prop-er-ly 😲 

If we ever sign anyone even remotely similar to Mick Co-op I'll be changing my allegiance to those down the road.

Matlock Town, not even signing the real Mick Coop at 75 years old wouldn't make change to that lot!

6 minutes ago, sage said:

CBT wasn't playing.

Why would he watch someone we are already signing?

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

What 🤣 The player in midweek, not CBT. I am happy to apologise to BT if he is happy to apologise when he gets it wrong, like on this occasion 👍