Thanks to Mel. We are in this mess.

DerbyAleMan

I know we are all pissed off with today, but lets point the gun at one person that person is Mel Morris, it was his awful decision making with him wasting money on players, sacking managers every year, and just basically destroying our club, Mr Clowes to me is a hero, saving our great club, it will take time to repair What MEL did to this club, a supporter my arse, he was a greedy business man, who nearly destroyed us, so thanks to Mr Clowes we still have a club. Once A Ram Always A Ram. Mel was NEVER A RAM. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

Mel was awful in the circumstances. But the number one cause of our plight is FFP. If that never came into light, we wouldn’t have needed to try and get around the rules to financially compete with parachute payment clubs.

I’m not a fan of Mel. But on the face of it, all he did was plough loads of his own money into the club he loved and naively thought that would be enough to get us promoted. 

The way we spent the money was just ridiculous. Clueless. But was that Mel’s fault or those spending his money?

When you look at the spend in today’s market. How do you spend £25m+ in fees like we did in 2015/16 and actually get worse? I’m convinced Derby, Everton and Man Utd are the three worst spenders in English football over the past decade. 

I thought we’d already blamed Mel?

I’m under the impression he’s already aware we all hate him?

Does blaming him again get him to right his wrongs?  Is that even possible?  I doubt it!

Strikes me we are better off just trying to move on?  🤷‍♂️

Agree about the Clowes/Hero thing though. 🐏

5 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

I know we are all pissed off with today, but lets point the gun at one person that person is Mel Morris, it was his awful decision making with him wasting money on players, sacking managers every year, and just basically destroying our club, Mr Clowes to me is a hero, saving our great club, it will take time to repair What MEL did to this club, a supporter my arse, he was a greedy business man, who nearly destroyed us, so thanks to Mr Clowes we still have a club. Once A Ram Always A Ram. Mel was NEVER A RAM. 

Are we going to continue to blame him for everything for the foreseeable future?

Yes, Mel over spent on tripe and ruined the harmony in the dressing room by doing so, he can take the vast majority of the blame for why we are in league one but he’s not the one forcing us to use Sunday league style tactics and making a good squad of players look poor, that’s the fault of our current manager, a man that doesn’t get the best out of the players at his disposal or use them to their strengths.

Did Mel want the limelight, Yes
Did he make rash decisions, Yes
Did he take us from the cusp of promotion to broken in league one, yeah he f****** did.
But, he spent a fortune of his own money doing so and I believe deep down he did it because he loved the club and wanted to return them to the top flight, yes, he’d of loved the adulation but on the whole his intentions were good.

Us currently playing like we think the ball is full of Semtex is not his fault.

Edited by 8Leeds

43 minutes ago, 8Leeds said:

Are we going to continue to blame him for everything for the foreseeable future?

Yes, Mel over spent on tripe and ruined the harmony in the dressing room by doing so, he can take the vast majority of the blame for why we are in league one but he’s not the one forcing us to use Sunday league style tactics and making a good squad of players look poor, that’s the fault of our current manager, a man that doesn’t get the best out of the players at his disposal or use them to their strengths.

Did Mel want the limelight, Yes
Did he make rash decisions, Yes
Did he take us from the cusp of promotion to broken in league one, yeah he f****** did.
But, he spent a fortune of his own money doing so and I believe deep down he did it because he loved the club and wanted to return them to the top flight, yes, he’d of loved the adulation but on the whole his intentions were good.

Us currently playing like we think the ball is full of Semtex is not his fault.

The point of the thread was to highlight how we've found ourselves in vastly reduced circumstances scratching around in League 1, unable to pay a transfer fee for players and only recently still having to pay back clubs for transfer fees owed, all of which are a legacy of Mel Morris' tenure. 

Quite predictably you've used this opportunity to then blame the current manager for the circumstances we find ourselves to add to the numerous other posts you constantly make in the Paul Warne poll thread along the same lines. 

Give it a rest. 

Reading this forum is really eye-opening for me. Helps me realise how it’s so easy for the Government to scapegoat immigrants and poor people. 

People will literally search for anyone to blame for their inability to regulate their emotions after a loss. 

Agree with many posters- Mel’s running of the club was catastrophic but not unlike a lot of Championship owners in the 2010s. Intentions were good, execution was poor. He’s not an evil man and deserves to be laid to rest. 

Derby will lose more games again in the rest of their history. Sorry to have to break that to you guys 

23 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The point of the thread was to highlight how we've found ourselves in vastly reduced circumstances scratching around in League 1, unable to pay a transfer fee for players and only recently still having to pay back clubs for transfer fees owed, all of which are a legacy of Mel Morris' tenure. 

Quite predictably you've used this opportunity to then blame the current manager for the circumstances we find ourselves to add to the numerous other posts you constantly make in the Paul Warne poll thread along the same lines. 

Give it a rest. 

Morning Dyler Turden. Wondered if you’d come wading in with your Paul Warne flag and predictably you did. Surprised you don’t suffer with Bamford wrist.

Read my post, I clearly say that we ended up in this situation without a pot to piss in league one and the vast majority of that blame falls on Mel.

No, we can’t really pay fees, we are in a rebuilding process, we’ve lost some of the pull and might we once had and Mel can take the bulk load of the blame for that BUT we have been able to build a very competitive squad on paper for this league and it’s nots Mels fault that it’s not being used to it’s strengths and the style of football it’s being asked to play is not only dire to watch but also causing this squad to underperform to what it’s capable of. If you, like the OP want to blame Mel for that then crack on, you’d be wrong but by all means fill your boots, he’s not instructing the players on how to play, he’s not signing the players, he’s not giving odd post match analysis, that’s the manager.

I honestly hope Warne can turn it around, he comes across as a good bloke but he has an ideology he doesn’t seem to want to adjust in the slightest and things that don’t bend ultimately break. 

Enjoy your Sunday. Might be a good idea to get that flag of yours in wash, poor things had a lot of use recently. Fortunately it’ll be able to have a two week break now.

3 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Frank Lampard has a large slice of blame too. I’ll never understand his Wembley line up and how that probably cost us a very good chance to go up 

While we are at it - I would like to put the boot into lovely uncle Harry who gave Mel a lot of “advice “ on signings. What is making things unpleasant at the moment is Florists leaving us in the dust after we were neck and neck a couple of years ago. Just sold an academy lad for the same price as DCFC.

5 minutes ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Mel Morris did in fact start our new holding midfielder as a number 10 yesterday and selected NML to play wing back, he also told Josh Vickers to let the ball float over his head and hand picked Sonny Bradley as our new marquee defender.

Yes, whilst Mel might be to blame for the league we're in and the business plan, the rest is down to the manager.

The 'Mel is to blame', 'we're lucky to have a club' memes gather more cliche's as it rolls along. 😄

52 minutes ago, Jram said:

Agree with many posters- Mel’s running of the club was catastrophic but not unlike a lot of Championship owners in the 2010s. Intentions were good, execution was poor. He’s not an evil man and deserves to be laid to rest. 

As above. Mel wasted a lot of HIS money on over valued players, but let's be honest at the time most fans enjoyed the spending and we did play some good entertaining football and came very close to the Premiership.

We are where we are today, yes because of Mel, but because he put the Club into ADMINISTRATION.

Once he had done that the EFL, Gibson, Wycombe et al had got the Club by the short and curly's and with the points deductions relegation was inevitable.

Actually I would have loved to see Mel carry on for a while and take the EFL / Gibson etc to court - I actually think he would have won.

Failing that Mel should have paid off all of his/DCFC debts , sold the Club as a going concern and moved on. 

It would only have cost another £100 million, which apparently he had, and he would probably have got £40 million back in a sale.

Not my money I know but ADMINISTRATION has caused most of the problems we now have and have seen over the last two years.

3 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Not my money I know but ADMINISTRATION has caused most of the problems we now have and have seen over the last two years.

Did ADMINISTRATION cause us to sign Bradley, Elder, Washington et al? How many players has Warne chosen to sign? How many has he played out of position, was that down to administration.

There is now nothing wrong with this Club's finances for the level it is at - ask David Clowes, he confirmed that.

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did ADMINISTRATION cause us to sign Bradley, Elder, Washington et al? How many players has Warne chosen to sign? How many has he played out of position, was that down to administration.

There is now nothing wrong with this Club's finances for the level it is at - ask David Clowes, he confirmed that.

It’s only been 6 games, give them a chance to perform 

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

We've won 7 games since February. That's come with 4 draws and 8 losses.

Where has this 6 games nonsense come from?

Right in there again and totally missing the point in your eagerness to stick the boot in to Warne again.

The OP said give the new players that Warne has brought in a chance to perform, they've been here for 6 games.

Unless they were actually at the club during February and just invisible or hiding or unavailable for selection. 

So that's where this 6 game nonsense as you put it comes from.