Thanks to Mel. We are in this mess.

DerbyAleMan

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Right in there again and totally missing the point in your eagerness to stick the boot in to Warne again.

The OP said give the new players that Warne has brought in a chance to perform, they've been here for 6 games.

Unless they were actually at the club during February and just invisible or hiding or unavailable for selection. 

So that's where this 6 game nonsense as you put it comes from. 

Fair point well made.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Right in there again and totally missing the point in your eagerness to stick the boot in to Warne again.

The OP said give the new players that Warne has brought in a chance to perform, they've been here for 6 games.

Unless they were actually at the club during February and just invisible or hiding or unavailable for selection. 

Most of them have had a full pre-season too. 

But they don't look any better just occasionally luckier! 

21 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Think you’re missing the point flag waver.

If you want the players to preform, play them to their strengths with tactics that suit and in their natural position.

Bradley with all the pace of a three wheeled caravan played as a high press centre back, left vulnerable in the counter as he can’t make up ground quick enough. Now sat in the bench.

Tommo stuck out at lwb through pre season and stuck out there when coming on as a sub in the first few games when he’s clearly a high energy midfielder, which is apparently what Paul wants. Low and behold when you play him there he’s bloody dynamite.

Fornah used as an attacking mid when he’s clearly a defensive mid. Put him there the second half and you see that’s where he should be.

Mendez Laing started as a second striker before being used as cover at rwb. I get it, we need him there now but just like Barks we don’t play a formation that properly suits them normally and if that’s the case he should have sold them. For me, when fit, you play 3 across the top with Barks on the left and Laing on the right.

I could go on about how the squad isn’t being used correctly but there’s no point, you know it, I know it but you keep waving that flag pal and wait till Christmas, let’s write a season off, lose Bird and Cash at the end of it and flap about it later.

Just a quick note to some, Mel spent Dcfc money, not his. he put us into debt, plus local business into debt, and lets remember, he had 500 plus million in the bank when he left, so let's not talk about him putting his own money in, he put it onto the club debt, also he would have seen this club die. Thats why Clowes is a hero. 

Clowes also has some blame for appointing Warne when we had Rosenior at the club now we get agricultural non league football combined with poor tactics and a failure reaukts wise as well .He was stupid enough to give him 4 years so will have to pay his contract out soon enough as well unless Warne walks out. No I will get flack because he is god on here but Clowes made a poor decision .

Edited by Marriot Ram99

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

Its when you see teams like Brighton and how well they are doing, reminiscing on the playoff semi's and thinking what could've been. Sickening really. 

Two clubs run in completely different ways, unfortunately. 

I think we all love Clowes for what he’s done for the club, but I think it’s shown fairly early that he isn’t suddenly going to start running the club in a Brighton/Brentford mould. He clearly has traditionalist values and in this day and age clubs generally clubs take shape in the owner’s vision. 

I don't get this Clowes is a hero thing.   He's a wealthy man who chose to buy Derby County - now I'll judge him on how he runs it.   That's not a criticism of him - by all accounts he's a decent guy but calling him a hero can blind us to mistakes he *might* be making.   I mean I'm pretty sure some saw Mel as a hero a few years ago but he hadn't a clue how to run a football club.

3 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

I don't get this Clowes is a hero thing.   He's a wealthy man who chose to buy Derby County - now I'll judge him on how he runs it.   That's not a criticism of him - by all accounts he's a decent guy but calling him a hero can blind us to mistakes he *might* be making.   I mean I'm pretty sure some saw Mel as a hero a few years ago but he hadn't a clue how to run a football club.

He is a hero, because without him buying the club, we would have no club, so in that regard yes he is a hero for me, for saving a club I have been following for the past 45 years. 

12 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

I know we are all pissed off with today, but lets point the gun at one person that person is Mel Morris, it was his awful decision making with him wasting money on players, sacking managers every year, and just basically destroying our club, Mr Clowes to me is a hero, saving our great club, it will take time to repair What MEL did to this club, a supporter my arse, he was a greedy business man, who nearly destroyed us, so thanks to Mr Clowes we still have a club. Once A Ram Always A Ram. Mel was NEVER A RAM. 

How many 10s of millions did he write off? it was he who paid out to the Curley one, Where were the Axe grinders when Morris spunked £6million on Bradley Johnson, He Brought in Philip Cocu, Then Wayne Rooney, And low and behold Frank Lampard with the help of Uncle Harry, Who lambasted him when he was bouncing at Ellend Road after we beat Leeds 4-2.

Covid caught him out financially, HMRC went unpaid, Things started to unravel, Quatuma took the piss, Had their bellies tickled by the EFL, I'm no fan of MM and I'm not going to dislike him either, If you're looking for someone to take the flack...blame the Romans...what did they ever do for us ☺️  

3 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Just a quick note to some, Mel spent Dcfc money, not his. he put us into debt, plus local business into debt, and lets remember, he had 500 plus million in the bank when he left, so let's not talk about him putting his own money in, he put it onto the club debt, also he would have seen this club die. Thats why Clowes is a hero. 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/mel-morris-makes-pledge-as-further-details-emerge-regarding-derby-countys-debts/

21 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Erm...Mike Ashley 👍

Right lets get 1 thing straight, he nearly destroyed us left local business out of pocket as well, also did you hear his interview on radio Derby, like Ed Dawes stated later on he showed no emotion, the bloke was going to let us go under fact, he still has over 500 million in the bank, so i don't give a monkeys what he spent he chose to do that, Mel nearly sent us under fact, so happy I am still able to support my club home and away, and that is thanks to Mr Clowes fact. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

40 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Just highlighted the last three paragraphs of the article you provided the link for which of course are the opinion of the writer:-

It seems like a good thing for Morris to do but it's the least that could be expected considering he's plunged the club into a crisis.

Soft loans are always favourable towards the party that has borrowed the money and it's hardly ever expected back, and the amount that Morris has spent over the years it would have been a surprise if he ever did ask for it to be returned.

It would have been a good idea for it not to get to this stage in the first place, however Morris cannot go back in time now and he has probably become the most hated man at the club for a long, long time and it could be a long battle back for the Rams to get back to how they once operated.

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just highlighted the last three paragraphs of the article you provided the link for which of course are the opinion of the writer:-

It seems like a good thing for Morris to do but it's the least that could be expected considering he's plunged the club into a crisis.

Soft loans are always favourable towards the party that has borrowed the money and it's hardly ever expected back, and the amount that Morris has spent over the years it would have been a surprise if he ever did ask for it to be returned.

It would have been a good idea for it not to get to this stage in the first place, however Morris cannot go back in time now and he has probably become the most hated man at the club for a long, long time and it could be a long battle back for the Rams to get back to how they once operated.

Funnily enough I read the whole article as well...It doesn't detract from the fact that "soft loans" were forgiven...get out of that without moving😁

19 minutes ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Right lets get 1 thing straight, he nearly destroyed us left local business out of pocket as well, also did you hear his interview on radio Derby, like Ed Dawes stated later on he showed no emotion, the bloke was going to let us go under fact, he still has over 500 million in the bank, so i don't give a monkeys what he spent he chose to do that, Mel nearly sent us under fact, so happy I am still able to support my club home and away, and that is thanks to Mr Clowes fact. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

So if David Clowes didn't come along with his white horse we would have gone...Bang...and there would have been no other buyer, Not forgetting Clowes owns the stadium, Bought it for circa £22million, Owns DCFC who must be worth...god knows how many millions, So if he sold tomorrow I'd doubt he'd be out of pocket

Your just repeating your opening post...Keep off the Ale 😁

2 hours ago, trappatoni said:

He is a hero for stepping in rather tahn either allowing the club to fold or fall into the hands of a less desirable owner. However, that doesn't make him immune from criticism. 

Mel could never be considered a hero (unless his wild spending had taken us to the promised land 😀) and I don’t recall anyone describing him as such. He didn't step in to rescue the club in its darkest hour.

11 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

Funnily enough I read the whole article as well...It doesn't detract from the fact that "soft loans" were forgiven...get out of that without moving😁

I was going to reply to a similar post on the Notts Forest playtime thread....Brighton owe Tony Bloom around £500 million, would he ever ask for the money back or stop bankrolling the club via loans thus allowing it to enter administration?