Jonson Clarke-Harris - Joined Rotherham

DCFC1388

21 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

£1m, £15k per week, 2.5 years, yes.

Other guesses may be available.

Posh Chairman MacAnthony

He said, 'what would it take to do a deal' and I went, 'it would take this.' The deal was about £800,000 plus £250,000 in achieveable add-ons, promotion, goals bonus. 

After negotiations between the two clubs accelerated, a fee of £800,000 plus performance-based add-ons was eventually agreed.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

According to https://salarysport.com/football/league-one/peterborough-united/

he's on £6100 per week... would he be worth a punt ??? ... I can't believe Michael Smith is on less and he's 3 years older....

I think (guess) that he wants a big pay rise and a long contract which is why Charlton can’t agree terms.

3 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

I’m sure Clarke Harris would jump at the chance of joining a club like us. Plenty of crosses going in and he is know for his hold up play. If it’s a toss up between him and Smith, I’d go for him every day of the week. 

It’s not even close is it. If we can do this financially would be a no brainer for me.

collins having a decent season, barely touched the ball in three games though. Great goal today, but need a bit more hold up play. Not actually sure is his fault. Confused as to what our plan is

18 minutes ago, dajstrawb said:

Not sure Peterborough work that way, but it won’t happen, for other reasons

Not happening bud. No chance, I'm afraid. At the start of the season, maybe, but when we're short up top and with the top 4 so tightly grouped, there is no way on earth Posh are going to effectively throw us a lifeline. I'd love to be wrong, mind! 

3 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Not happening bud. No chance, I'm afraid. At the start of the season, maybe, but when we're short up top and with the top 4 so tightly grouped, there is no way on earth Posh are going to effectively throw us a lifeline. I'd love to be wrong, mind! 

Money.

I was fairly pro JCH at the start of the season, but not so much now.  Collins has stepped up a level in McGoldrick's absence and deserves to be the main man for the rest of this season.  I wouldn't mind JCH for a promotion push till June, but I'm not sure what would happen after.  There's no sell on value in him and I don't think he would be any better than ordinary in the Championship.  If he can get himself a good contract somewhere in League one then good luck to him, but I'd rather we spend any resources we have on someone younger with more future potential.  We could do with one more CF in the club, but we can't be over spending even with promotion within our grasp.