Jonson Clarke-Harris - Joined Rotherham

DCFC1388

3 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Full marks for consistency. I don't think I've seen a single positive post from you about the club, nor any player for that matter, since you joined the forum. 

Rubbish. I sing the praises this season of Fozzy, Smith and Thomo. I just don't rate Elder or bradley 

Edited by Magicman

1 minute ago, Magicman said:

Rubbish. I sing the praises this season of Fozzy, Smith and Thomo. I just don't rate Elder or bradley 

Smith.. as in Korey Smith? You hammer a ton of players, not always incorrectly I’ll add, but him being one you like surprises me. He runs around doing the square root of nothing. At best he ticks away, but if we ever needed him to step up and win a game then we’d be waiting a long, long, long time. 

Two goals and 18 assists in the last ten seasons for a player who I wouldn’t even say is a defensive midfielder. 

47 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Smith.. as in Korey Smith? You hammer a ton of players, not always incorrectly I’ll add, but him being one you like surprises me. He runs around doing the square root of nothing. At best he ticks away, but if we ever needed him to step up and win a game then we’d be waiting a long, long, long time. 

Two goals and 18 assists in the last ten seasons for a player who I wouldn’t even say is a defensive midfielder. 

He is the teams "water carrier"  plays to let bird, hourihane, tomo etc go  forward.

Well I watched all the game. I thought our 2 best players were Nelson and Cashin. However Leigh Curtis rated Smith MOM 

"Korey Smith: Moved to right-back in a 4-2-3-1 formation and had a solid game against a tricky customer in Abu Kamara. Was moved into the centre of midfield and was arguably Derby's best player. 7"

31 minutes ago, Terry Hennessy said:

Well I watched all the game. I thought our 2 best players were Nelson and Cashin. However Leigh Curtis rated Smith MOM 

"Korey Smith: Moved to right-back in a 4-2-3-1 formation and had a solid game against a tricky customer in Abu Kamara. Was moved into the centre of midfield and was arguably Derby's best player. 7"

Only really saw the midfield Smith and he wasn't up to much, arguably Derby's best player? OK.

• 3 months later...

Pinched from Friday’s local paper.

Bristol Rovers no longer interested in Jonson Clarke-Harris, but other League One clubs are.

Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry has confirmed League One rivals Bristol Rovers are no longer interested in signing Jonson Clarke-Harris in January.

But Fry, the transfer guru at the Weston Homes Stadiums, says two other League One clubs are interested in taking the 29 year-old double Golden Boot winner. Neither are thought to be promotion rivals of Posh.

Fry said: “I’ve spoken to the Bristol Rovers owner and he said Joey Barton was the man behind trying to sign Clarke-Harris. The new manager is not interested so they won’t be coming back for him.

"But two other League One clubs are interested so hopefully Jonno will get the move he deserves. He’s been brilliant for us.”

…….thirteen matches since he started, out of contract in the summer, sounds a bit desperate from Barry.

14 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Pinched from Friday’s local paper.

Bristol Rovers no longer interested in Jonson Clarke-Harris, but other League One clubs are.

Peterborough United director of football Barry Fry has confirmed League One rivals Bristol Rovers are no longer interested in signing Jonson Clarke-Harris in January.

But Fry, the transfer guru at the Weston Homes Stadiums, says two other League One clubs are interested in taking the 29 year-old double Golden Boot winner. Neither are thought to be promotion rivals of Posh.

Fry said: “I’ve spoken to the Bristol Rovers owner and he said Joey Barton was the man behind trying to sign Clarke-Harris. The new manager is not interested so they won’t be coming back for him.

"But two other League One clubs are interested so hopefully Jonno will get the move he deserves. He’s been brilliant for us.”

…….thirteen matches since he started, out of contract in the summer, sounds a bit desperate from Barry.

One of the two teams won’t be us if they’re not regarded as promotion rivals.

11 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

How much would J C-H cost, what would his wages cost, what length contract would he want and would Peterborough consider selling him to a promotion rival ? 🤔🐏

£1m, £15k per week, 2.5 years, yes.

Other guesses may be available.