Match Thread: vs Bolton (A)

Rampant

I'll make this easy. 

@IlsonDerby  @Justa @8Leeds  @oodledoodle

I literally couldn't care either way with Paul Warne.

If you want to put the whole 90 last week down to luck and a purple patch, that's your prerogative. Miserable but it's your opinion. My opinion is you've absolutely sucked the life out of this thread with post after post of unbalanced, negative crap. But that's just me.

Enjoy the (likely) defeat. 

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

People weren’t happy under Rosenior ‘it’s too slow, too boring and we pass too much’ now we have Warne ‘awful football, can’t pass, hoofball’. What will it take for people to be happy? 

I'm not sure how anyone can watch the dreck we are serving up so far this season and be happy. Apart from a 15 minute spell against Burton and a 20 minute spell against Posh it's been absolute dirge.

Poor tactics from Warne. Poor execution from the players. Inability to do the basics right. Unwillingness from Warne to make the changes that obviously need to be made. A squad that looks knackered three/four games in to the season.

I challenge anyone to tell me things are going well, because they really aren't.

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Today does count, but seemingly for some the mitigation around today is irrelevant? 
I get that Warne is seemingly limited and there are growing concerns on that basis, but surely some of the circumstances around todays game in isolation should be considered? A changed lineup due to injury and transfer speculation. A nasty injury early on changing things further. Poor officiating. A red card early in the second half meaning we play pretty much half the match against one of the better sides in the division with 10 men. And yet for all the misery it’s not been a complete hammering on the scoreline. 
Yes there’s a lot to be worked on, but for me today is just one of those rubbish days and it’s onto the next. 

Our ball retention is truly dismal.  Basic passing and ball retention should a basic standard, despite circumstances.

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

Not thrilled about how we set up this game, Bolton are a side that like to control the ball and that’s fine, but we’ve really not done ourselves any favours in this game. 

The mistakes and naive football is synonymous with the Paul Warne experiment at Derby County. The more games we have like this, the more I yearn for the 0-0 draw against Shrewsbury where Cashin is making 140 passes under Rosenior. It was another extreme, but out of the two I at least like to watch our players on the ball. 

I agree. At the moment we're paying to watch the other team play football each week.

Off outside for a kick about with my son.

He is 6, only just getting into football, always says Derby County are playing against and beating Scotland when playing out.

Thinks goalies can play across the park, defenders can pick the ball up and is generally crap at football..

I still think he would set the team up better than Warne.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

1 minute ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I'll make this easy. 

If you want to put the whole 90 last week down to luck and a purple patch, that's your prerogative. Miserable but it's your opinion. My opinion is you've absolutely sucked the life out of this thread with post after post of unbalanced, negative crap. But that's just me.

Dont blame me for Warneball. That's incredibly unfair.

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

I'll make this easy. 

People can only judge what's in front of them. If it's rubbish then it will be judged accordingly.

To suggest people are enjoying this is just plain wrong.

I'll make this easy. 

I must be wrong then - if Warne planned for that he’s obviously a genius 

I'll make this easy. 

Oh move on you sanctimonious git. 

We had a freak 20 minutes where everything we did resulted in a goal after 25 minutes of being taught a footballing lesson. I celebrated everyone of those goals as I would normally. I was buzzing watching that period from goal 1 to halftime. I enjoyed that period of the match. 

I celebrated and enjoyed our goal today. 

That doesn’t mean you can’t recognise that performances have been bad. Really bad. The life was sucked out of this thread by our inability to pass to our own players, aimless balls Down the channel and a Bolton side who look a division better than us. 

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

The new academy director literally said in his club interview earlier this week that he and his staff have weekly meetings with Paul Warne to discuss the academy players, unless he was blatantly lying? 

This is the manager who doesn't consider Thompson to be a viable option at CM, nevermind the likes of DRobinson and Radcliffe, which is why he was barely used last season, used at LWB in pre-season, then used as a false LM in his few appearances this season. 

He complained that the squad was too small which resulted in the players being burnt out, but only used 1 player from the U21 squad in the league last season (Rooney).