So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Warnock is the great pragmatist - much as his Colin antics infused me with a deep set mild irritation towards him, he can arrange the players he has and motivate them into something of a team regardless of the situation.

He's the "decent chip shop" of football managers - you wouldn't want to eat it all the time, you know theres more intereststing options out there, you know his sort are a declining relic of times gone by, but, there's situations where it's just the thing you need. Oh go on then, I'll have a pineapple fritter as well.

Spam?

On 17/09/2023 at 18:14, Poynton ram said:

Colin Warnock?

If you take the letters of Neil Warnock you can spell an entirely different name, and the first one is Colin. The surname is a bit of a laugh, but not what anyone would want for a surname. What surname can you get out of Wanerk?

Again. If Derby did decide to get another manager in, we would be in the same position we were in this time last year.

New manager who will have his own style, someone else's team who the new manager would have to work with, decide who fits his style and who doesn't. 

A January window with no/limited funds.

He will then build his team from summer, probably have a slow start and here we will be in September 2024 with the same people calling for his blood because they are entitled to perfect football and instant success.

I have said it before and I will say it again, it is the constant changing of managers that has partially gone towards the situation we find ourselves in.

48 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

If Warnock is so great why is he being let go? Is he bored or does his style have a very limited shelf life-is his style exiting?

He's great at achieving a set goal - he saved Huddersfield from relegation, but maybe he's not the bloke to take them forward long-term?