v Oxford United (H) Match Thread

Kernow

7 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

I wonder which performance we'll get tonight. Will it be the first half against Blackpool or the last 20 minutes against Burton. We just don't know.

I just hope we have enough confidence in our passing ability to play the ball early when players make runs.

It would be great to see a partner for Collins with NML reverting to his favoured wide role.

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I just hope we have enough confidence in our passing ability to play the ball early when players make runs.

It would be great to see a partner for Collins with NML reverting to his favoured wide role.

The wide role doesn't exist in the current system.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

The wide role doesn't exist in the current system.

No reason why we can’t play 5-2-3.

Waghorn could play left of the three and NML right.

Should only need two central midfield players at home with a five man defence.

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

No reason why we can’t play 5-2-3.

Waghorn could play left of the three and NML right.

Should only need two central midfield players at home with a five man defence.

That'd make no sense. You'd have NML standing on top of Joe Ward. The point of wing backs is they become your de facto wingers when you're in possession. 

34 minutes ago, Srg said:

That'd make no sense. You'd have NML standing on top of Joe Ward. The point of wing backs is they become your de facto wingers when you're in possession. 

No different to when Knight and NML worked so well together. Ward and Nat can work together to create opportunities.

Easier if when Ward receives the ball deep, he can give and go with a player in front of him.

Just got in from a hard days graft , would love to be close enough to do midweek games but it’s just too far so sadly our seats will be empty , hopefully got time to nip over to France though😜, come on derby get that first home win

On 13/08/2023 at 13:59, CollyerDCFC said:

I'd like to see Waghorn in for NML, fitness allowing.

I can't see a good fit for NML in our current formation, but Warne loves him.

agree. NML at 65 minutes could be a real threat against a tiring defence in his preferred position - much more effective than he’s been as a starter