v Burton Albion (A) Match Thread

Kernow

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Not sure Warne could do anything different. He has to support his captain, he has to support Bradley who was his marquee signing, and he has to stick to the system he wants to play. To do anything else would be picked on as panic. Still doesn’t look a we’ll balanced team though to play 3 at the back.

COYR!!!!

3 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

This game, even though it’s the third game of the season it’s crucial we at least put a good performance in. There’s potential for us to spiral out of control and stay in here for years

If we lose today, I think we are looking at 6 or 7 consecutive relegations. A draw, maybe 4?

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Lot of moaning re thompson 

but if u want a team to gel u need to let them play together.

keep chopping and changing it and youll never build coehesion

tommo is what he is atm, a young player who has promise that still needs to learn a few things .. ditto sibley (controversial to many i know) 

It's a great message to the team. If Warne likes you, it doesn't matter how crap you play, you'll still start. If Warne doesn't like you, you can be one of the best players on the pitch and you still won't start.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

It's a great message to the team. If Warne likes you, it doesn't matter how crap you play, you'll still start. If Warne doesn't like you, you can be one of the best players on the pitch and you still won't start.

After one game Warne ain't going to wet his pants and go into full on panic mode like some on hear 

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

After one game Warne ain't going to wet his pants and go into full on panic mode like some on hear 

1 or 2 changes isn't panic mode. It's about finding a balance which works. A midfield 2 of Smith and Hourihane is anything but balanced and needs changing unless we change to a style of play which means less running 

Thompson has looked lively and has a good work ethic. I can see why others want him in there. At the same time, with due respect to them and to him, it’s not as if he’s stunned the footballing world with his performances. It’s maybe a sign of how we’ve started (and misgivings over the midfield balance) that some seem to be clamouring for his selection and appalled he’s not starting!

I think giving the same XI another chance is probably the right thing to do.

Now, if I delay sending this for a few minutes, I should be able to edit it in time when we go a goal down in the first 5 minutes…

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure Warne could do anything different. He has to support his captain, he has to support Bradley who was his marquee signing, and he has to stick to the system he wants to play. To do anything else would be picked on as panic. Still doesn’t look a we’ll balanced team though to play 3 at the back.

COYR!!!!

Hopefully the “grey areas” he mentioned have been addressed and they’re ready to show what they can do 

No shock its the same 11, despite some of the meltdown amongst fans, we actually played alright vs Wigan with this lineup & were unlucky not to get something out the game.

Warne made a few changes midweek & we saw what happened there. Yes Thompson played well but I dont think it means he should come straight in when it was in a 2nd half of a cup game where the damage had already been done.

If/when he comes on again today, he needs to make as good an impact, if not even better than midweek.

30 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Watched the lads getting off the team bus. Sonny B looks confident. Need a big performance from him today.

I suspect he was given plenty of space to demount the steps. If anyone was closing in behind I am not convinced he wouldn’t have had a wobble.