Jensen Weir - joined Blackpool on loan

Nuwtfly

My ITK source has advised there has been a problem with the e mail. Someone misheard and sent the offer to an old Formula 1 driver. He accepted and the error wasn't picked up as he meets the age profile of our normal signings. Expect to see him play tomorrow as it's waste not Warne not as per and he'll win more tackles than Smith as he's 18 stone.

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Now I am no Warne cheerleader, but to use this news to beat him with is more than unfair. Other than Darren Witcoop's ramblings, is there really any evidence to suggest we were ever interested in this lad?

This is such a tired argument and one that's full of pure copium.

For starters, if we weren't in for him, why? He plays a position of need for us, is familiar with the league, and fits every bit of criteria Warne has previously said (second loan, good age, productive, etc.) Absolute no brainer.

Secondly, what sort of evidence are you looking for? Direct from Warne, DET? Unlikely that either of those would 'break' a rumour. Some journalists but not others? This guy has got stuff right throughout the summer, but isn't necessarily one that covers Derby - therefore should we discredit him? 

I genuinely think that some fans believe the only players we were in for are the ones we've actually signed...

19 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think he would’ve been an excellent signing for us and is for Blackpool - I think it’s very understated how well he did in that Morecambe side. He shouldn’t be playing in League One now. 

Who knows if we were actually in for him but if we were...not good 

19 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

For starters, if we weren't in for him, why? He plays a position of need for us, is familiar with the league, and fits every bit of criteria Warne has previously said (second loan, good age, productive, etc.) Absolute no brainer.

Secondly, what sort of evidence are you looking for? Direct from Warne, DET? Unlikely that either of those would 'break' a rumour. Some journalists but not others? This guy has got stuff right throughout the summer, but isn't necessarily one that covers Derby - therefore should we discredit him? 

I genuinely think that some fans believe the only players we were in for are the ones we've actually signed...

And some believe we’re in for every single name going. 

You can ask the question why wouldn’t we want a guy like this, he does seem to fit the bill. But anything beyond that is pure speculation either way as frustrating as that is. 

We could have enquired, only to be told the loan fee or wage contribution were beyond us. 

Maybe it wasn't that, maybe there were penalty payments in case of non selection, which sometimes happen with players of a similar profile. 

No one knows, but that doesn't stop some speculating.

22 minutes ago, Rev said:

We could have enquired, only to be told the loan fee or wage contribution were beyond us. 

Maybe it wasn't that, maybe there were penalty payments in case of non selection, which sometimes happen with players of a similar profile. 

No one knows, but that doesn't stop some speculating.

PW has openly said, Those who come to DCFC will not walk straight into the team even if they think they should.

EPL clubs will farm out their future stars for game time, Some have it inserted in the contract that game time is a must...not warming the bench, Maybe just Maybe Critchley agreed to the above and PW didn't...that is if he enquired about him🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

......... and some fans think that every player who signs for another club were players Derby wanted but failed to attract.

Hilarious!

A week ago, maybe we looked the better bet on paper. 2 defeats and the softest 4 goals you'll see all year chucked in, and maybe Blackpool shaded it.

Or maybe he looks better in orange.

Or whatever. 

Terrified for tomorrow though. Optimism evaporated. Panic button safety catch removed!